Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

Last updated: January 28 2021
785 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

Well, Reading all posts, my only Concern is:

Why throw good Money After bad? Why give this developer more money to play around with?

Why not Strengthen companies who are doing a Good Job at Execution, like Pioneer and Tata.

Try Selling your Units, even at 20% deep discount, and you will not find a buyer.

Liquidity has to be an integral part of any Investment Strategy.

Hence forth, even if you get a UNIT at 5,000 PSF, you shd think 10 times.

Consider other Investment options in the area rather than Punting on a new player.

M3M using L&T's Brand Equity. Nothing else.

My POV.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMRATAN74 View Post
      Well, Reading all posts, my only Concern is:

Why throw good Money After bad? Why give this developer more money to play around with?

Why not Strengthen companies who are doing a Good Job at Execution, like Pioneer and Tata.

Try Selling your Units, even at 20% deep discount, and you will not find a buyer.

Liquidity has to be an integral part of any Investment Strategy.

Hence forth, even if you get a UNIT at 5,000 PSF, you shd think 10 times.

Consider other Investment options in the area rather than Punting on a new player.

M3M using L&T's Brand Equity. Nothing else.

My POV.
      agreed but then as they say you need to ' earn a bournville ( L&T )'. If it was so easy to buy L&T brand equity, everyone would be doing it.

Mind it L&T is equally concerned about its Brand .

But if you have a choice, to invest with a reputed brand , without getting into uncertainity, then which fool will not.

Comment

L&T cannot be your messiah for all your evils. L&T has also built small projects for Lucknow Development Authority and other small time builders. L&T can guarantee quality of construction but there are 100s of other factors which contribute to success of any residential project.

And having L&T has not helped Merlin, not at least till now, its prices are still the same before the announcement of L&T 3 months ago, while most of the projects have moved up by 10-15% in these 3 months.

Can anyone tell me who built Palm Springs on GC Road ? It is considered to be one of the best finished product on GC ? L&T , Palonji, Arabtech ?

But still its resale prices are lower than most of the DLF projects inside GC and quality of Palm Spring and DLF projects are miles apart.

Comment

Originally posted by shkhan View Post
          L&T cannot be your messiah for all your evils. L&T has also built small projects for Lucknow Development Authority and other small time builders. L&T can guarantee quality of construction but there are 100s of other factors which contribute to success of any residential project.

And having L&T has not helped Merlin, not at least till now, its prices are still the same before the announcement of L&T 3 months ago, while most of the projects have moved up by 10-15% in these 3 months.

Can anyone tell me who built Palm Springs on GC Road ? It is considered to be one of the best finished product on GC ? L&T , Palonji, Arabtech ?

But still its resale prices are lower than most of the DLF projects inside GC and quality of Palm Spring and DLF projects are miles apart.
          I agree that there are lot of factors that go into making a project succesfull not just the brand of the builder or the subcontractor, i agree. two of the best brands Tata & Shapporji Pallonji still take around 4 years 8 motnhs to deliver a project in gurgaon, which proves your point no doubt . Ofcourse the quality will be the best in class no doubt and as promised.

However as amit no. 1 ji keeps on repeating you need a peace of mind , so L&T has the ' brand value ' to give the peace of mind and they have become L&T by ensuring the success of their projects across diverse set of customers wether government or private. This they do by doing due diligence of the projects , as they can afford to be choosy and they do not come cheap.

so very rightly it is finances, quality of management, excellent team and culturally aligned stakeholders & ability to manage environment all contribute
          to the success of a Project . What good is it to a poor end user , delivering a high quality project 3 years after promised due date. His grave is dug , quality or no quality.Imagine a project started in early 2006 , delivered around Jan 2012 . Imagine the poor end user who invested in 2006 dreaming of a delivery in 2009.

coming to merlin as i mentioned , they need to work on all other parameters to be anywhere near being a success story.
          Last edited September 12 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

This logic doesnt work.sir. just because you were impressed by corporate governance in Satyam during first few years of Its operation doesnt mean that it becamne te role model, we all know what happened.

What happened to IVV ? It was launched 2 years back and will take another 2 -2.5 yes for possession . LnT to be blamed or Ireo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikumatre View Post
              agreed but then as they say you need to ' earn a bournville ( L&T )'. If it was so easy to buy L&T brand equity, everyone would be doing it.

Mind it L&T is equally concerned about its Brand .

But if you have a choice, to invest with a reputed brand , without getting into uncertainity, then which fool will not.
              Agreed, L&T or any other sound co does a credit check before entering into any contract, I am sure L&T must have taken a bank guarantee from M3M for the full value of the contract, which makes it a very less risk project for end buyer.

what M3M has done is not a easy thing to do ..giving all contracts to L&T and Shapoorji, the vision is there and getting implemented. I strongly belive that it will create a very strong brand value with each passing year.

Comment

Originally posted by golu11 View Post
                Agreed, L&T or any other sound co does a credit check before entering into any contract, I am sure L&T must have taken a bank guarantee from M3M for the full value of the contract, which makes it a very less risk project for end buyer.

what M3M has done is not a easy thing to do ..giving all contracts to L&T and Shapoorji, the vision is there and getting implemented. I strongly belive that it will create a very strong brand value with each passing year.
                L&T asks for higher upfront money, but doesn't really get all that money in one go... I know of a project where L&T is using just a fraction(10-20%) of its staff, because builder hasn't paid them the due amount... so even engaging L&T/shapoorji could result in large delays and project taking much more time to complete...
                Last edited September 12 2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RamanT View Post
                  L&T asks for higher upfront money, but doesn't really get all that money in one go... I know of a project where L&T is using just a fraction of its staff, because builder hasn't paid them the due amount... so even engaging L&T/shapoorji could result in large delays and project taking much more time to complete...
                  which is that project?

Comment

Originally posted by shkhan View Post
                    This logic doesnt work.sir. just because you were impressed by corporate governance in Satyam during first few years of Its operation doesnt mean that it becamne te role model, we all know what happened.

What happened to IVV ? It was launched 2 years back and will take another 2 -2.5 yes for possession . LnT to be blamed or Ireo.
                    sir on the advice of GB sir gracefully withdrawing. Trying to learn from my guru . aap sahi ho .

Comment

Originally posted by Bikumatre View Post
                      sir on the advice of GB sir gracefully withdrawing. Trying to learn from my guru . aap sahi ho .
                      So in one sentence 2 "sir"...matlab 2 shikaar ek saath...hence you still hold the title of guru mate

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X