Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

Last updated: January 28 2021
785 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

Originally posted by sh-saxena View Post
    Thats such an insider indepth analysis, mine was more of an enduser point of view. (Would recommend a book called Outliers which elaborates factors for success/failure apart from obvious ones, if you havent read it already)
    But would you buy Merlin today assuming you have the needed funds ??
    If not, why ??
    sh-saxena,

Would like to thank you for recommending the book Outlier, really a great book. Loved every page of it. Any other book you would like to recommend?

Ta

Comment

Welcome, its really a great book.
      Im reading 'Thinking, Fast and slow' by Daniel Kahneman right now, its about intuitive and rational decision making,written in an easy-to-read style and so insightful about how we make decisions.

Originally posted by LoAfEr View Post
      sh-saxena,

Would like to thank you for recommending the book Outlier, really a great book. Loved every page of it. Any other book you would like to recommend?

Ta
      Last edited October 4 2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sh-saxena View Post
        Welcome, its really a great book.
        Im reading 'Thinking, Fast and slow' by Daniel Kahneman right now, its about intuitive and rational decision making,written in an easy-to-read style and so insightful about how we make decisions.
        Great, thx for another recommendation!

Will definitely read 'Thinking, Fast and slow' after I finish 'BLINK' The Power of Thinking without thinking. Bought 'Blink' and 'Outliers' in an offer of buy one get other half price.

Cheers

Comment

So many units for sale

Hey Guys,

There are around 500 units in this project if I am not mistaken and I am surprised to see that around 120 are for sale if you do a search query on 99 acres. Am I missing something here? Do you guys also find the number (~25%) on higher side? Or it is pretty normal.

Can anyone confirm if the payment gone is 30% (I remember someone mentioning 43 lacs for 1844 unit)? Any idea when the next payment will be due?

Thanks
          A

Comment

99acres would have dated entries also; at times the listings get renewed by default even if the seller has not opted for it. So 25% would possibly include done deals/ old listings which may not be relevant.
            Moreover, in Gurgaon any property on an average is sold 3-4 times before it reaches the end user.

Comment

Can anyone help me with the tentative asking rate for Merlin. I am interested in buying as this is the only project on GCX with sub 10 lakh coloured component...

Comment

Last I checked it was around 6600-6700. But it's too much of a risk to take.

Comment

Audioslv, can you please elaborate on the risk. I am looking at it from end use perspective, but in no tearing hurry as it will take 4-5 years for GCX to become habitable in true sense... Many thanks

Comment

picle 5-6 pages padh lo, risk clearly mentioned by sr members... People don't trust the builder and don't want to invest life's savings with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RamanT View Post
                      picle 5-6 pages padh lo, risk clearly mentioned by sr members... People don't trust the builder and don't want to invest life's savings with it.
                      I have read every single page of this thread. The opinions are mixed. On one side people take solace in L&T as contractor and on the other side doubt the unprofessionalism shown by Bansal brothers.

I think Rushil laid out a balanced views on Merlin on this thread 4 weeks back. What I could get out of it is if you have the holding power and patience to sleep over the investment, it may turn out to be good.

Think about the projects with similar specs across GCex and SPR and compare:
                      Remember below is a relative comparison.
                      Merlin - 6500 (Min ticket size 1.5 cr, decent location, bad floor plan)
                      Primanti - 7700 (2 Cr minimum ticket size, location and floor plan put off)
                      IVV - >8200 I guess (2.3 Cr min ticket size, awesome project)
                      Exquisite - 6000 (Not sure on execution, location, high PLC)

Frankly, it may sound dumb but I had been considering Emerald floor phase-3 and Revanta PLP plan before but now thinking about Merlin. Emerald floor at 7000 with basic specs does not make me feel pumped up. Revanta location is a big put off, luxury certainly attracts though.

Tell me one option where I can satisfy my need of finding something decent to live in 1.5 Cr. As the other person mention, I am in no hurry of possession. 2015 is completely fine with me. Also, I have no intention to do any black deal. Can you help me find one good 3 bhk with as good a location as GCex and with above basic/luxury specs?

Coming back to risk, are we mainly talking about delay of project risk or is there any other risk that i have missed?

Thanks
                      A

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X