Hi ,

M3M is slated to launch it's high end residential project in Sector 67 , Gurgaon by the name of MERINO around July 15,2011. ( Singapore Style Living ) as they have opted to position these apartments

Minimum Ticket Size : 1800 sq ft

Current Rate : 6750 / sq ft less inaugral discount of 650 for few
editions / limited period.

Effective Current Rate : 6100 / sq ft.

between Landmark Commercial.

M3M has huge land bank in Sector 67.
Read more
668 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Strangerji, I was reading your comments on RE arbitrage on Ninex vs Palm Hills discussion(IMHO ninex is better than PH but thats discussion for some other day). Can you explain the factors which are keeping resale rate low of merlin, compare to rates of IVV?
    CommentQuote
  • One St.Anger and several Strangers :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ip3bhk
    Ok, thanks for the help. Here are the questions:

Are there some hidden features I am not aware of near tower four? Like High tension wires or view to Nullah. I wanted to vist merlin from inside but they are not allowing.
      When is the possession expected? I am guessing mid of 2017?
      What is the plc and parking costs of original booking?
      In the new merlin layout, some areas are marked as future development? What will be there?
      Is there any escalation clause in BBA?

Room layout was changed sometime back but entire project new layout not seen... can some one share the project layout...

Room layout was changed sometime back but entire project new layout not seen... can some one share the project layout...

CommentQuote
  • st_anger please reply
    CommentQuote
    Ok, thanks for the help. Here are the questions:

Are there some hidden features I am not aware of near tower four? Like High tension wires or view to Nullah. I wanted to vist merlin from inside but they are not allowing.

I am not aware on any high tension wires or Nullah PLC :D inside the project.

When is the possession expected? I am guessing mid of 2017?

Construction is at a very good pace. I do not know when the actual possession will happen but at this rate, it should easily complete by mid 2017.

What is the plc and parking costs of original booking?

PLC is variable. 375 is minimum. Parking was 3.5 x 2 = 7 lacs

In the new merlin layout, some areas are marked as future development? What will be there?

I hadnt seen this layout till you mentioned. The old layout had no such future development. I checked the site and indeed there is something about future development there but that its another corner and I, personally, would not attach too much importance to it. M3M should be able to tell you more about it.

Is there any escalation clause in BBA?

As far as I remember there is no escalation clause.

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Sorry for the delayed response. Festive season has kept me occupied. My comments in blue.

Except for your first question ( on which M3M might not be forthcoming with right information), for all other issues you can directly call up M3M customer care and they should be able to give you most reliable information.

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Sorry for the delayed response. Festive season has kept me occupied. My comments in blue.

Except for your first question ( on which M3M might not be forthcoming with right information), for all other issues you can directly call up M3M customer care and they should be able to give you most reliable information.

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

Ip3bhk jee!!!

CommentQuote
    Strangerji, I was reading your comments on RE arbitrage on Ninex vs Palm Hills discussion(IMHO ninex is better than PH but thats discussion for some other day). Can you explain the factors which are keeping resale rate low of merlin, compare to rates of IVV?

ip3bhkjee!!

IYHO, Ninex may be better than PH but there is a lot of importance which should be attached to who the builder is. Emaar MGF, though having a lot of issues of its own, would still be a hands down winner over the likes of Ninex. After all, it is UC property that we are talking about here. We do not realize but we are taking a lot of risk by buying into UC properties. The least we can do is to hand over our money to corporations like Emaar rather than lalajee's and small time kothi developers turned RE companies.

As for resale rates being low for Merlin

1) M3M hasn't delivered anything till now.

2) The initial slow action on Golf Estate got the M3M group disrepute which would only go away once GolfEst is delivered and unbelievable promises that M3M made ( with regards to the concept/golf course etc) are fulfilled.

3) Merlin was initially sold at a price way higher than it should have been launched at. In fact I remember buying Merlin at less than booking price from its first owner ( due to the broker discount) more than 1 year after it was launched.

4) Merlin was initially a flop project due to its high pricing.

5) M3M hasn't made a lot of money for the investors, partly due to initial high pricing and partly due to taking the first steps wrong and then almost everything right in each of their projects, Ireo on the other hands made a lot of people millionaires in dollar terms.

6) Merlin's initial room layouts were very disappointing as even a 1844 sq ft apartment ( also 2035 sq ft) had 3 BHK + 2 toilets, which was disappointing. Layouts have since been changed and the current ones are much better.

7) There is a lot of hype around IVV. There are various reasons for it.

a) Ireo is a builder which hasn't kept a foot wrong since its inception till 2013. Ireo's
    bullshit started coming out only in 2013 by when IVV was already 9k in resale. Prices
    have trimmed down since then.
    b) Ireo ( like apple) has a dedicated fan base now. This is of two types. One is the
    investors who have already earned a lot of money in GA/IVV/Uptown/Skyon and the
    other is the people who are awed by the concepts of their apartments.
    c) IVV as a concept is much better than Merlin ( please read IVV thread for more
    details).
    d) IVV has height as its USP. For some point, IVV will be the tallest structure in gurgaon
    ( till raheja revanta is ready for possession). Merlin has no such USP. Height
    somehow is indicative of success & achievement and hence, premium.

Disclaimer :-I am invested in both IVV & Merlin.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samie001

Project layout is on the M3M Merlin's website. I saw it today after Ip3bhk wrote about the future development issue.

New room layout is much more efficient than the earlier one. After buying Merlin I remember writing an email to M3M management telling them about how bad their layouts were. I was glad to know that they changed and improved the layout and more so, i was impressed that they were listening to people.
    CommentQuote
  • pic

hi
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sumitphagna
    hi

Thanks For uploading :) which month are these pictures of ???
    CommentQuote
  • Tread Setters :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sumitphagna
    hi

Very good progress indeed at Merlin.

The progress is the main reason prices are not escalating here as there are a number of people who cannot pay the installments and turn up as distress sellers as soon as a new demand comes.

This project should ( and will) see a lot of appreciation around possession, if not before it as it is way better than both Uptown and Bestech park view spa next which are way costlier than this project at the moment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Very good progress indeed at Merlin.

The progress is the main reason prices are not escalating here as there are a number of people who cannot pay the installments and turn up as distress sellers as soon as a new demand comes.

This project should ( and will) see a lot of appreciation around possession, if not before it as it is way better than both Uptown and Bestech park view spa next which are way costlier than this project at the moment.

Any idea how much payment has already gone for Merlin ?

I am comparing M3M Merlin with IVV, even though its not apple to apple comparison. What are your views factoring in almost 2k of difference in resale prices.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, i have gone through the thread of IVV and have personally seen the sample flat, location for IVV

Many thnx
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Great news! I just hope this will help improve the secondary market for M3M projects. Currently, M3M is the only company having deep pockets for such a big transaction.
    CommentQuote
  • I heard that the construction at the Merlin has been stopped? Is it true? what is holding it back?

how long has the construction been stopped?

Anyone aware please highlight
    CommentQuote