Collapse

Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
785 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Merlin by M3M Group in Sector 67, Gurgaon

kaisi baat kar rahe ho durb saab . PVSN and VV mei hamesha price differenciation rahega hi rahega . May be just may be the difference dimishes with time , but it is always going to be there .

Vv is something else man , its not just any run off the mill projects , it has very good layout and concept .

Although i am of the mindset if mansions bptp is 5200-5300 right now , then PVSN is a better choice as ifeel in long run PVSN would be equivalent or higher prices than bptp mansions at least !!

Originally posted by durb100us View Post
    Its a simple calculation.

Understand a fact that after 5 yeras down the line, there will be a common rate for GCE Sec 67 areas. Lets say for ex 12000.

Then it will be common for VV as well as PVSN and other projets. A little bit up and down depending upon facing and ammenities.

Today if your entry level is low, then in future your profit margin will be high.

Buying something at 6000 or 6500 when you have equivalent value product available at 4500 doesnt make any sense.

Dont think much, go for PVSN

Comment

First of all, thanks in advance for reading this.

And now, Questions for the veterans including Ishan, Manoj, BlessU and Amit:

- Is M3M group a safe bet for long term investment of 5 years? How has been their track record so far?

- I have been offered a discount of 2.5% for M3M over 6100, is this ok?

Thanks,
      Rajesh

Comment

Originally posted by rdhawan15 View Post

- Is M3M group a safe bet for long term investment of 5 years? How has been their track record so far?

Thanks,
        Rajesh
        Hi
        Greetings

Will trust Ishanb on this one..

Cheers

Comment

Thanks,
          Rajesh
          rajesh Bhai regarding M3M group , it is currently as good as IREO if not better . It is a name in luxury segment . IREO and M3M havent delivered anything as yet but they are making all the right moves in the market .

Now talking about M3M in particular . the co. profile is outstanding as such . They have got 500 + acres land bank in gurgaon which they ae going to develop , then from what i have heard they are aggregating land near damdama lake as well which is 300 acres + for a whole city concept .

They are a debt free co. which is the best part . I myself am invested in M3M groups Golf estate . I booked one unit in the pre launch stage . But at that time the following information was avlble-
          a) Debt free co.
          b)%00 acres + land bank in gurgaon (majority of it is in Gc ex sectors and some in NPR)
          c) The architech was ARCOP(Ramesh Khosla)
          d) Concept was outstanding(if you study it is a very well and if i may say the best conceptualisation of a Project in INDIA By FAR)
          e)the golf course designers were graham cook
          f)The interior designers were simone cecconi (something like that)
          g)And was also told that it would be contracted out to either BL KAshyap, Littens, or L&t , which it has been awarded to L&t
          h)They gave the entire specifications list
          h)They told me they would launch with the sample flat ready , and they have done an awsome job in execution of the sample flat .
          abhi tak i havent faced any problems dealing with them , also getting super good returns if i liquidate.

Now reagrding M3M merlin project , i really havent enquired about the brokerage discount also i have expressed my reservations regarding this project . It can turn out to be good but you can check out my resrvations about it if u go back a few pages in this thread .

Also biggest minus is that which i forgot to mention there arent any info avlble like above were for golf estate and there is no word being said about it . ALso They are admitting that they are saying they wont make a sample flat for the project as it is a small project (for me this project is a 1000 cr plus project and has around 550 appartments) this is no ways is a small project .

the co. is good . The project you have to study for yourself and according to your needs . I mean aisa bhi h sakta hai that due to very good pricing and brand name of M3M fetches decent returns on this one and some of the glory of golf estate is sprinkled on it and it counters the cons of the project .

any more queries i would be delighted tohelp out !

Comment

Very Well said Ishan...

I guess both M3M and Ireo have positioned themselves pretty well as the new age and lifestyle oriented builder.. All their projects have a unique proposition and that's why they have attracted many end users and investors too...

Though they don't have any delivered project till now, yet they look a safe bet to me if I purely go by their financial status... With over 20k debt of DLF and 13.5 Unitech in their books, most of their project look certain to have long delays.
            Ireo and M3M with zero of less debt and also with a vigour to establish their name in the market are for sure poised to deliver projects on time.

One also has to look into the fact that most of the projects of M3M and Ireo are being executed by Class A contractors viz L&T,Billimoria,Pratibha construction etc... Their track record and History is more confidence inspiring then any of the builders,contractors and developers that we see in Gurgaon right now.
            In the past most of the builders who have delayed project is either the money raised for the particular project got diverted for the completion of older on going project or was used to increase the land bank. Furthermore due to heavy interest load on the books, same money is used to retire the debt first.

With Zero debt, over 500 acres of land bank and no past incomplete project, there is a lesser risk with M3M and Ireo.

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post
            rajesh Bhai regarding M3M group , it is currently as good as IREO if not better . It is a name in luxury segment . IREO and M3M havent delivered anything as yet but they are making all the right moves in the market .

Now talking about M3M in particular . the co. profile is outstanding as such . They have got 500 + acres land bank in gurgaon which they ae going to develop , then from what i have heard they are aggregating land near damdama lake as well which is 300 acres + for a whole city concept .

They are a debt free co. which is the best part . I myself am invested in M3M groups Golf estate . I booked one unit in the pre launch stage . But at that time the following information was avlble-
            a) Debt free co.
            b)%00 acres + land bank in gurgaon (majority of it is in Gc ex sectors and some in NPR)
            c) The architech was ARCOP(Ramesh Khosla)
            d) Concept was outstanding(if you study it is a very well and if i may say the best conceptualisation of a Project in INDIA By FAR)
            e)the golf course designers were graham cook
            f)The interior designers were simone cecconi (something like that)
            g)And was also told that it would be contracted out to either BL KAshyap, Littens, or L&t , which it has been awarded to L&t
            h)They gave the entire specifications list
            h)They told me they would launch with the sample flat ready , and they have done an awsome job in execution of the sample flat .
            abhi tak i havent faced any problems dealing with them , also getting super good returns if i liquidate.

Now reagrding M3M merlin project , i really havent enquired about the brokerage discount also i have expressed my reservations regarding this project . It can turn out to be good but you can check out my resrvations about it if u go back a few pages in this thread .

Also biggest minus is that which i forgot to mention there arent any info avlble like above were for golf estate and there is no word being said about it . ALso They are admitting that they are saying they wont make a sample flat for the project as it is a small project (for me this project is a 1000 cr plus project and has around 550 appartments) this is no ways is a small project .

the co. is good . The project you have to study for yourself and according to your needs . I mean aisa bhi h sakta hai that due to very good pricing and brand name of M3M fetches decent returns on this one and some of the glory of golf estate is sprinkled on it and it counters the cons of the project .

any more queries i would be delighted tohelp out !

Comment

Ishan Bhai,

Thanks for the detailed review. I learnt a lot from your reply to my direct questions.

I have read your concerns on a probable difficulty in exit from the project. But I guess, given the fact that M3M needs investors and buyers more than us, for the sake of establishing its credibility in the market, the project may turn out to be better than the ones available from some of the better names like DLF, unitech.

Going by the logic of common sense based on the premise that M3M is here for a long haul, I think the investment may be considered. However, since I am looking for a long term perspective with a horizon of 3-5 years, it may not be a bad deal at all.

On a sidenote, the M3M corporate website sucks and I hope someone tells them to at least update it and present more meaningful information to the public in the form of financial reports like Balance Sheet for the last 3 years or so.

Or maybe, they just started because I see a lot of activity from the company on job boards to hire all sorts of Senior Management.

All indications look like that M3M is definitely a newer name, and has to do most things right to establish the name. This includes investor returns and timely construction of the projects.

Coming as it is after the Golfestate project, I am still not sure why they would not disclose more information on the project and the nature of planning. May be they are just testing their brand value and seeking investments to see if they have some goodwill.
              Last edited July 6 2011, 10:54 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well i dont think they would be doing it to test their brand equity in the market , i dont think anyone would like to test things like these when thousands of crores are involved . It can also be that as lavish as BANSALS are they are busy with 100 Cr wedding of their daughter in TURKEY and this project is not on the priority list right now due to personal reasons .
                May be that is why they have priced it lucratively as they know they cant be involved right now with full throttle advertising campaigns for this .

Also , if you are in it for the long haul , my personal perception is to enter IREO VV rather than this project as my personal belief is that VV is a better project than M3M merlin . But then again its dependent on your personal evaluation and study of the project .

May be there is something i have missed !
                take care
                Ishan Bhai,

Thanks for the detailed review. I learnt a lot from your reply to my direct questions.

I have read your concerns on a probable difficulty in exit from the project. But I guess, given the fact that M3M needs investors and buyers more than us, for the sake of establishing its credibility in the market, the project may turn out to be better than the ones available from some of the better names like DLF, unitech.

Going by the logic of common sense based on the premise that M3M is here for a long haul, I think the investment may be considered. However, since I am looking for a long term perspective with a horizon of 3-5 years, it may not be a bad deal at all.

On a sidenote, the M3M corporate website sucks and I hope someone tells them to at least update it and present more meaningful information to the public in the form of financial reports like Balance Sheet for the last 3 years or so.

Or maybe, they just started because I see a lot of activity from the company on job boards to hire all sorts of Senior Management.

All indications look like that M3M is definitely a newer name, and has to do most things right to establish the name. This includes investor returns and timely construction of the projects.

Coming as it is after the Golfestate project, I am still not sure why they would not disclose more information on the project and the nature of planning. May be they are just testing their brand value and seeking investments to see if they have some goodwill.

Comment

I agree with your view point Ishan, that Merlin is a low priority right now for the Bansals.

I think I missed the bus on VV because it has already got a nice premium.

But, your viewpoint definitely, makes sense and I am thankful to you for taking the time to read through and reply,

Cheers,
                  Rajesh

Comment

The most competitive price available for Merlin is INR 5,850/sft. Without saying much, it would be pertinent to highlights that at M3M's flagship project - Golf Estate, the company quoted BSP is 10,100 INR/sft but resales are languishing at sub-8,000 INR/sft with hardly any takers.

The luxury market is anyway heading for a correction...

Thanks,
                    Rajesh

Comment

Dear Mr Dhawan,
                      Its never too late to catch a bus either. You can still try your hands to pick up IVV at around 5800-6000 level depending on the location. Besides IVV is already a year ahead of Merlin so that give you a head start with IVV.
                      In terms of specs, IVV is again better than Merlin at least on paper..
                      300-500 premium could be worth it to lay your hands on IVV.
                      Wish you all the best

I agree with your view point Ishan, that Merlin is a low priority right now for the Bansals.

I think I missed the bus on VV because it has already got a nice premium.

But, your viewpoint definitely, makes sense and I am thankful to you for taking the time to read through and reply,

Cheers,
                      Rajesh

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X