Hi ,

M3M is slated to launch it's high end residential project in Sector 67 , Gurgaon by the name of MERINO around July 15,2011. ( Singapore Style Living ) as they have opted to position these apartments

Minimum Ticket Size : 1800 sq ft

Current Rate : 6750 / sq ft less inaugral discount of 650 for few
editions / limited period.

Effective Current Rate : 6100 / sq ft.

between Landmark Commercial.

M3M has huge land bank in Sector 67.
Read more
663 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Guys!!!!!

First of all, lets not hijack the thread. Its a thread for merlin and not Golf Estate. Commenting on Golf Est. in referantial terms is Ok but lets not deviate from the core discussion and yeah, the progress of golf estate can only be good news for merlin.

As for floor plans, I totally agree with the points raised that floor plans arent some of the best we have seen till date but then thats the builders prerogative if he wants to keep big balconies and not provide an extra bathroom. It is unfair, but not uncommon.

As for staff being new or old, personally, I am not too concerned about it. Staff is only as good as the will they have. DLF and unitech has some of the most experienced and hands on staff. I dont think there are doing anything worthwhile except earn huge money for themselves and screw the companies they work for.

Someone asked about the exact status of the project. I dont think excavation has starte as yet. I guess, it will start soon but no news as of now. I will be going to M3M office tomorrow or day after for final transfer of merlin, will update on whatever info I get.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Guys!!!!!

First of all, lets not hijack the thread. Its a thread for merlin and not Golf Estate. Commenting on Golf Est. in referantial terms is Ok but lets not deviate from the core discussion and yeah, the progress of golf estate can only be good news for merlin.

As for floor plans, I totally agree with the points raised that floor plans arent some of the best we have seen till date but then thats the builders prerogative if he wants to keep big balconies and not provide an extra bathroom. It is unfair, but not uncommon.

As for staff being new or old, personally, I am not too concerned about it. Staff is only as good as the will they have. DLF and unitech has some of the most experienced and hands on staff. I dont think there are doing anything worthwhile except earn huge money for themselves and screw the companies they work for.

Someone asked about the exact status of the project. I dont think excavation has starte as yet. I guess, it will start soon but no news as of now. I will be going to M3M office tomorrow or day after for final transfer of merlin, will update on whatever info I get.

Well Angerji, if I were you then I would have completely avoided Merlin. If there has been no premium on this project, then there must be some reason for it, why investors and end users have stayed away from this project.

I think market with some exception generally reflects the fair price of any project.

M3M looks to be a very risky proposition until and unless M3M Golf Estate is delivered as promised.

Just to avoid few lacs of upfront payment involved with better projects in vicinity you are looking at Merlin ? Better ROI at what cost ? Isn't the risk much higher ?
    CommentQuote

Thanks. Do try to take some site pictures as well if possible.
    CommentQuote
  • Wonder what's cooking here....

... Mods seem to be deleting all posts critical of M3M... Wonder the intent and the reason as no explaination was given when those 3-4 posts were deleted

Very good analysis but not sure how long this one remains here !

Originally Posted by shkhan
    Well Angerji, if I were you then I would have completely avoided Merlin. If there has been no premium on this project, then there must be some reason for it, why investors and end users have stayed away from this project.

I think market with some exception generally reflects the fair price of any project.

M3M looks to be a very risky proposition until and unless M3M Golf Estate is delivered as promised.

Just to avoid few lacs of upfront payment involved with better projects in vicinity you are looking at Merlin ? Better ROI at what cost ? Isn't the risk much higher ?
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote

Let me ask you this. How to establish the potential of a company to deliver as promised. Hint: by looking at their past performance. So, I was only trying to give an indication of the progress that M3M is capable of, by commenting on the one residential project that they have underway.

However, if you feel your thread is being given a new unwarranted direction; then I shall be happy to oblige you.
    All the best for your investment decision.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shkhan

Shkhan jee!!

I believe you and I have a lotta common holdings, to chalo kahin to hamara view point badla. Nahi to log samajhte ke hum ek property dealer ke chelle chapaate hain

Sir, from where I stand, I see value in this project. I might have to wait for the "malaii" but then thats what I do, I am a long term investor. Not in any hurry!!! ;)

I totally agree with you on that statment sir, where you say that market mostly values a project fairly. you tell me what should be the fair pricing of a project which has superluxury specs located next to IVV, PVSN and Essencia, where there is zero movement on the ground and by a builder who is not going to deliver anything for atleast the next 3 yrs ( Dont even think about a history!! )
    this step will lead to two conclusions
    1) M3M launched this project very costly in order to eat up the profit of short term investor
    2) Builder's slow and laid back ways and lack of activity on the site doesnt help the project at all.

As for golf estate, Sir if you spend 20 minutes in the sample apartment of golf estate you start contemplating selling your kids to buy that flat ( just saying that in metaphorical terms,sir) and with L&T at the helm with support from guys like ARCOP, Graham cooke, Cecconi simone etc I have no doubt Golf est will turn out to be a great property.

If you read my initial post you will realise that I wanted to go for a builder which is slow, because my other CLPs are not leaving me in a position to buy a project which is moving fast. Else, I would have blindly bought Skyon.

Waise bhi a property in CLP is always a risky preposition. The people who want to play it safe buy RTM deals. Its just that I have taken a slightly higher level of risk with merlin and i completely accept that. Just want to emphasize that I didnt take it blindly. I see value in the project and Rakesh jhunjunwala once famously said, "If the girl is good, suitors will come". So I believe I should see some good appreciation in merlin in the next few months in the short term and abt 5 yrs in the long term. Baaki, sab oopar waale ke haath mein.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rahulk1
    Thanks. Do try to take some site pictures as well if possible.

Rahul jee!!

My apologies!! I read this post after coming back and kicked myself for not clicking any pictures. I will click some when I go there next, which may be next week.
    The status at the site is that excavation activity has begun and is progressing in good measure. There was a huge mound of mud ( abt 25 feet). Site office was being constructed.
    I enquired from those present as to when excavation started and they told me, it had started about a month back. I remember visiting in the site last month as well ( prior to finally deciding to buy it) and I saw no activity there.

Anyway, this is the latest update. Will keep you notified of the progress as and when I go there next.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    ... Mods seem to be deleting all posts critical of M3M... Wonder the intent and the reason as no explaination was given when those 3-4 posts were deleted

Very good analysis but not sure how long this one remains here !

Magadh jee

which posts are you talking about????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by quixotic
    Let me ask you this. How to establish the potential of a company to deliver as promised. Hint: by looking at their past performance. So, I was only trying to give an indication of the progress that M3M is capable of, by commenting on the one residential project that they have underway.

However, if you feel your thread is being given a new unwarranted direction; then I shall be happy to oblige you.
    All the best for your investment decision.

Yes sir!!! I agree to your pov. maybe i used the term "Hijack" which was misread by you ( and probably others).
    CommentQuote
  • Thats so true :)
    After seeing the M3M Golf Estate sample flat, me and my husband had spent a frantic couple of days trying to figure out how to finance it ....but in the end we felt it was just too much money to risk and too less confidence in the builder..

Originally Posted by St_Anger

As for golf estate, Sir if you spend 20 minutes in the sample apartment of golf estate you start contemplating selling your kids to buy that flat ( just saying that in metaphorical terms,sir) ....
    CommentQuote
    Rahul jee!!

My apologies!! I read this post after coming back and kicked myself for not clicking any pictures. I will click some when I go there next, which may be next week.
    The status at the site is that excavation activity has begun and is progressing in good measure. There was a huge mound of mud ( abt 25 feet). Site office was being constructed.
    I enquired from those present as to when excavation started and they told me, it had started about a month back. I remember visiting in the site last month as well ( prior to finally deciding to buy it) and I saw no activity there.

Anyway, this is the latest update. Will keep you notified of the progress as and when I go there next.

Thanks for the update St_Anger! Glad to hear that work has begun. Looking forward to your post next week now :)
    CommentQuote
    Yes sir!!! I agree to your pov. maybe i used the term "Hijack" which was misread by you ( and probably others).

That seems to be the case. Anyway, Congratulations! on your purchase (assuming you went ahead with it)
    CommentQuote
  • Welcome back brother. i am also a regular investor. right now i am lookinf to invest in anantraj estate sector 63a. very reasonable price and gud location. Suggestions invited...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by quixotic
    That seems to be the case. Anyway, Congratulations! on your purchase (assuming you went ahead with it)

Quixotic jee!!

Yes, i went ahead with it. Wanted to buy GolfEst, didnt have the means. Would have had to sell a major chunk of what I own in gurgaon to buy it and then its such a lovely thing that I would definitely used it for self use. To dukaan band ho jaati :D
    CommentQuote