I am getting a 1000 sq ft in DLF princeton estate for Rs. 85 lakhs all inclusive. Want to know appreciation prospects from a 5 year perspective ?

Can it give a 15% return YOY for the next 5 years ?
Read more
Reply
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Pros:
    Location
    Well Maintained Society.

    Cons:
    Old Construction
    Poor Construction quality.
    Can involve huge black component.


    Was available for 50-52 lacs in Late 2009 :), not sure how much will it appreciate from here. I would prefer spending 85 lacs in a newly constructed flat.


    Originally Posted by vshinde98
    I am getting a 1000 sq ft in DLF princeton estate for Rs. 85 lakhs all inclusive. Want to know appreciation prospects from a 5 year perspective ?

    Can it give a 15% return YOY for the next 5 years ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vshinde98
    I am getting a 1000 sq ft in DLF princeton estate for Rs. 85 lakhs all inclusive. Want to know appreciation prospects from a 5 year perspective ?

    Can it give a 15% return YOY for the next 5 years ?


    very tough , will give lesser returns as time progresses .....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the couple of responses. I was planning to take a loan of about 40 lakhs and half of the equity would be mine. The rental is about 22-23 k which would basically even out the interest part of the EMI. So what i want to know is whether i can get about Rs. 1 cr for this after about 2 years which would mean a 15 lakhs appreciation on my 45 lakhs i.e. 16% annual return. Views please....

    Originally Posted by ISHANb
    very tough , will give lesser returns as time progresses .....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vshinde98
    Thanks for the couple of responses. I was planning to take a loan of about 40 lakhs and half of the equity would be mine. The rental is about 22-23 k which would basically even out the interest part of the EMI. So what i want to know is whether i can get about Rs. 1 cr for this after about 2 years which would mean a 15 lakhs appreciation on my 45 lakhs i.e. 16% annual return. Views please....


    u will definately get 1CR on this after 2 years
    CommentQuote
  • yes it will fetch you 1 cr easily...... and furnish it well even your rental will be higher.... big market for well furnished appts in prime locations...


    Originally Posted by vshinde98
    Thanks for the couple of responses. I was planning to take a loan of about 40 lakhs and half of the equity would be mine. The rental is about 22-23 k which would basically even out the interest part of the EMI. So what i want to know is whether i can get about Rs. 1 cr for this after about 2 years which would mean a 15 lakhs appreciation on my 45 lakhs i.e. 16% annual return. Views please....
    CommentQuote
  • I have no idea of appreciation it may happen as it is ggn and anything is possible but I have seen Princeton apartments couple of years back and found the construction quality of those very bad .. I think it still sells at this price because of DLF brand..

    If you have to spend 1 cr and have to rent it out .. I think you can find some other good options in 2 bhk section .. Saying that I am not suggesting that you should not go for this deal.. you must have done your study and must be in much better position to decide on PROs and Cons then anybody else...
    CommentQuote
  • quite right manu, the responses are to specific query...
    i would rather go for a 1550 escape at 95 odd all for similar rental and appreciation...

    Originally Posted by manu813
    I have no idea of appreciation it may happen as it is ggn and anything is possible but I have seen Princeton apartments couple of years back and found the construction quality of those very bad .. I think it still sells at this price because of DLF brand..

    If you have to spend 1 cr and have to rent it out .. I think you can find some other good options in 2 bhk section .. Saying that I am not suggesting that you should not go for this deal.. you must have done your study and must be in much better position to decide on PROs and Cons then anybody else...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Amit,

    Is escape as easily lettable as Princeton ? I mean it should not take 6 months for find a tenant to pay 22k as rent !

    Also, where do you think appreciation prospects are better - escape or princeton ?

    Originally Posted by AmitMM
    quite right manu, the responses are to specific query...
    i would rather go for a 1550 escape at 95 odd all for similar rental and appreciation...
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry for jumping in as this question was for Amit.. couldn't resist commenting my views.. I think Escape has lot more potential for appreciation as Princeton is still available at this price although we all know of the bull run in 2010 ...so I think Princeton had fair amount of time for appreciation but whereas Escape is newly delivered property as more families will move in it will appreciate more...


    Originally Posted by vshinde98
    Hi Amit,

    Is escape as easily lettable as Princeton ? I mean it should not take 6 months for find a tenant to pay 22k as rent !

    Also, where do you think appreciation prospects are better - escape or princeton ?
    CommentQuote
  • yes it should fetch you 1 cr in 2 yrs , although , donot forget the registration cost involved . Also as princeton is getting older , its rate of appreciation is also getting slower .

    It is an end user driven market rather than investor driven , also if one is funding from loan , one shouldnt forget the preclosure charges involved , brokerages etc .
    So your gains actually do get diminished to 8-9 L from 15 L .

    Although it is one of the most safest assumptions to assume you would at least get that !

    It is a simple case of lesser risk = lesser gains .
    CommentQuote