Heard that ATS is coming up with their Residential project in sec 109 in 14 acres , next to atharva.....

Anybody having any more info on this....????
Read more
5690 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by TAggarwal
    I give you simple example . DLF & Unitech are big builder in Gurgaon but both are big failure outside Gurgaon . For both of them outside Gurgaon is just for making quick money ( They donot care for their reputation ). Based on this analysis , I will not put my money on outside builder....

There is no risk investing in Godrej but it will not give you good ROI...

I think reputation of DLF and Unitech has decreased a lot in last few years. Both have huge land banks in ggn and used to enjoy special status, but new builders are now showing better progress and making good mark in market. ROI with DLF and Unitech is not guaranteed anymore, it all now depends on progress and quality.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TAggarwal
    DLF & Unitech ( Gurgaon main builders ) know that it is not easy to clear litigation that is why they have not bought any land in this area ? DEW has only small/ new / outside builders who want to make quick money in the name of DEW...

I don't buy this point. How come Emaar has so much of land on Eway? Why Unitech has no land on NH8 side? Did they not see any value there? Or Why DLF hasn't acquired lot of land on SPR like Unitech?

Big builders acquire land parcels much much ahead of time and then work their strategy to develop that parcel.

On contrary, Builders who don't have land parcels of their own and work on joint ventures, give some idea what place they are betting on. They are entering market at this time when valuations are already high. I can't expect tata to launch something in far sectors like 90+? Builders like tata/godrej/mahindra will not like to have unsold inventory tag.

My POV.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, quite agree & this is what i am saying . The Builder has recovered his investment & in most cases, earned an decent amount on it, as soon as he is able to sell in somewhat decent numbers .

Most of the Investors would exit at some point of time ( or as per fulfillment of their need or ROI or expectation or a better opportunity ) . Who would be left holding the lollipop, THE END USER . What would be the fate of the end user is totally unpredictable today .

Originally Posted by matrix_55
    If DEWAY does not come up how is it an issue for Tata,ATS,Mahindra,Godrej..... Is it a part of the delivery agreement?
    And for the reply for reputation -> Just have look at Raheja and Indiabulls - if you feel their reputation has suffered then it has, if you don't, it hasn't.
    I think each of us knows the answer... its not the reputation that suffers, its a live animal called End User... maybe one day we will talk about them as well, since they are supposed to live in these houses.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Yes, u r quite right, but can DLF or his likes influence the Courts, can this Builder & his likes change our legal system, can this Builder get the occupied land vacated by throwing the settlers, can this Builder & the likes remove the litigation ???? Can he force the Delhi Govt. to start immediate work on the Delhi side of the NPR ???? There r "n" number of issues ( no point in repeating them, look at the previous pages of this thread/ D e way thread ), but do u think the Builder lobby can influence such things ???

If u talk of DLF in particular, DLF itself seems to be struggling for survival .

............as already said, a Decent Builder coming up with a Project is able to sale a good amount of Inventory in the normal course . With the hype & the Builder/Broker nexus associated with this area, the HIT RATE could be better here . The builder is able to recover his investment from such HITS . Now, whether the Project gets delivered in the promised 3-4 years or 10 years, it really is not much of an issue with him ( except his repute ) . He can always escape behind some rules & the BBA booklet u sign . He can always put the whole blame on the Govt. & the infra . U do not need to look far . Raheja's Atharva is a classic example .
    CommentQuote
  • If DEWAY does not come up how is it an issue for Tata,ATS,Mahindra,Godrej..... Is it a part of the delivery agreement?
    And for the reply for reputation -> Just have look at Raheja and Indiabulls - if you feel their reputation has suffered then it has, if you don't, it hasn't.
    I think each of us knows the answer... its not the reputation that suffers, its a live animal called End User... maybe one day we will talk about them as well, since they are supposed to live in these houses.

Matrix..
    the point was for e.g when a car model fails, it hampers the brand of a company, in turn reducing its market share...who would want to buy that car makers brand again...
    i hope you get my point...
    CommentQuote
  • I give you simple example . DLF & Unitech are big builder in Gurgaon but both are big failure outside Gurgaon . For both of them outside Gurgaon is just for making quick money ( They donot care for their reputation ). Based on this analysis , I will not put my money on outside builder....

There is no risk investing in Godrej but it will not give you good ROI...

I have heard of quite similar views viz. DLF & Unitech from many Investors .

I think reputation of DLF and Unitech has decreased a lot in last few years. Both have huge land banks in ggn and used to enjoy special status, but new builders are now showing better progress and making good mark in market. ROI with DLF and Unitech is not guaranteed anymore, it all now depends on progress and quality.

Guys, I may be wrong here, but is this the reason projects like 3c and ATS etc seen more than a humble response??
    CommentQuote
  • I don't buy this point. How come Emaar has so much of land on Eway? Why Unitech has no land on NH8 side? Did they not see any value there? Or Why DLF hasn't acquired lot of land on SPR like Unitech?

DLF had land in SPR, but they sold it to BPTP...i dont think they were weary of SPR potential..financial conditions i guess...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by itsallhere
    Matrix..
    the point was for e.g when a car model fails, it hampers the brand of a company, in turn reducing its market share...who would want to buy that car makers brand again...
    i hope you get my point...

I don't think the analogy is correct here. The car maker (builder) is not failing, he is delivering the car(apartment) which he promised.

You can't blame the car maker if you can't drive the car 100 mph because the roads are not good or because there is too much traffic.
    CommentQuote
  • I disagree to this point. So called builder/broker nexus is every where in RE and in all areas of Ggn. This can't be used to justify response in launch or resale prices.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    ............as already said, a Decent Builder coming up with a Project is able to sale a good amount of Inventory in the normal course . With the hype & the Builder/Broker nexus associated with this area, the HIT RATE could be better here . The builder is able to recover his investment from such HITS .
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

Finally bought the car. Hopefully the Super Expressway will be ready before I need to drive it on !

May be I was just too weary or may be I did not want to miss the bus :).
    Fingers crossed!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    Guys,

Finally bought the car. May be I was just too weary or may be I did not want to miss the bus :)

Hopefully the Super Expressway will be ready before I need to drive it on !

Congratulations buddy.
    CommentQuote
    Guys,

Finally bought the car. Hopefully the Super Expressway will be ready before I need to drive it on !

Fingers crossed!

Mubaarkaan Magadh bhai !
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

Fingers crossed!

Congrats on ur purchase...
    CommentQuote
    Guys,

Fingers crossed!

So till that time is the car going to be lodged in the showroom garage only?
    CommentQuote
    Guys,

Fingers crossed!

Noticing the thread we are on... let me guess what make... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, Builder/ Broker nexus is everywhere, but it looks to be real strong here . U can clearly see it from the over hype . If u do not agree, get a feel of the market & views of the People .

.......& Vinay Ji, please do not try to be judgmental & decide on what is valid or not . What may be invalid for u is valid in the eyes of others .

My POV, u may not agree, that is up to u , but please do not pass judgments on my comments . U have already called posts of others as junk & people making comments ( which r not favorable to u ) as fools . Request restrain your language .

Thanks .

Originally Posted by vinaybhatia
    This is a again an invalid point. So called builder/broker nexus is every where in RE and in all areas of Ggn. This can't be used to justify response in launch or resale prices.
    CommentQuote