Heard that ATS is coming up with their Residential project in sec 109 in 14 acres , next to atharva.....

Anybody having any more info on this....????
Read more
5688 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • nahi bhai - intention is not to hurt anyone.

The world has become so frickle at the moment that kishto pain har cheez karna is better han taking bigger calls.

CLP guy gave 30% again at different exchange rates and DP guys had to pay all together.

There could be a double wammy if RE market stagnates/falls, then the final outcome for DP guys will go from bad to worse...

PS - Now look at good things now every unit of USD/pound earns by us (NRIS) will give 20-25% more hence more money and more wealth in INR terms.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes VB your calculations are in line... I am little better off as bought about 200~250 psf lower.

In any case, have dropped the idea of immediate liquidation as I can't think of another project which will beat the returns over next 1-2 years. And not even thinking of selling and repatriating at the current time. That would be downright stupid.

So the loss if any is notional really. Possession ke time per dekhenge ab to :)

Posted from my iPad using Forum Runner
    CommentQuote
  • Magadh did u also buy DP?
    CommentQuote
  • I am mighty confused - shall one cry looking at all the remittances made in the last year which has gone down in value or the higher future cash flows (25-30%) unexpected appreciation in the salary.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "amit001
    I am mighty confused - shall one cry looking at all the remittances made in the last year which has gone down in value or the higher future cash flows (25-30%) unexpected appreciation in the salary.

I guess it depends on how you were remitting all this while .... Some folks run a USD to INR remittance like a SIP after each salary cycle, while others who did not remit regularly, might be sitting on a (expanding) corpus.

No point crying though... In hindsight we are all wise!

Posted from my iPad using Forum Runner
    CommentQuote
  • Magadh whar do you do...

I run a SIP and remit not on salary level but SIP at higher levels. Have been doing at 57/59/61. Did not do much at 54/55.

Though its a different thing that higher levels of past (58-60) looks like really low levels now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    nahi bhai - intention is not to hurt anyone.

The world has become so frickle at the moment that kishto pain har cheez karna is better han taking bigger calls.

CLP guy gave 30% again at different exchange rates and DP guys had to pay all together.

There could be a double wammy if RE market stagnates/falls, then the final outcome for DP guys will go from bad to worse...

PS - Now look at good things now every unit of USD/pound earns by us (NRIS) will give 20-25% more hence more money and more wealth in INR terms.

Hi Amit
    Greetings

You have always contributed value through proper professional IRR calculations and data back by facts.

Unfortunately, all are not so blessed.. I wish to query on IRR now after two years and then on delivery 4 years hence, for CLP and DP customers on the basis of following parameters

Purchase Price: DP 3800, CLP 4300 in 2011
    Current Price: DP 5100 & CLP 5500 in 2013, DP 7500 & CLP 8000 in 2017
    US $: $=52 INR in 2011, $=63 INR in 2013, $=70 INR in 2017
    Payment made: DP within 30 days, CLP 30% within 60-90 days; 20% in 2013, 50% equally over next 4 years
    Interest/Opportunity Cost: 10% pa (for sake of brevity/ease of calculation)

Some figures are approximate and resale prices can be perceived differently.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    I am mighty confused - shall one cry looking at all the remittances made in the last year which has gone down in value or the higher future cash flows (25-30%) unexpected appreciation in the salary.

Bro ( after a long time )
    Depends on investment strategy

If one was to send more funds to India ( how much) will answer this .

NRI keep sending is good , but if you were to try and get it back ALL that u have send in CLP or DP or in multiple CLP , or other investments, if u were to pull back to the destination where I are earning and MAY SETTLE IN then there is. 25 per cent loss as it stands today on ALL funds send till date.

Rest is mind games.

Who can say that the rupee would not cross 65?

Inflation due to rupee drop should keep real estate prices stable if not up.

The media reports wrongly that NRI will invest more . I disagree . All seasoned NRI investors have huge funds bough at average 50 to 55 per dollar invested and are feeling the heat.

I see a light of hope after elections.
    And also hope macro economics INFLTION will increase PSF BSP.
    CommentQuote
  • AMIT- speaking for me, I did some large remittances when i bought last time around December/Jan. Since then, have not remitted for sometime now, and don't intend to... Looking to buy into some $ denominated assets now for a change.
    CommentQuote
  • Magadh Bhai - thanks

What the rate of interest u get on FD/SB account in Singapore?

One more thing has SGD appreciated similar to USD or more/less
    CommentQuote
  • CHINTELS/ATS JV - Kocoon, Sector 109

Originally Posted by amit001
    Magadh Bhai - thanks

What the rate of interest u get on FD/SB account in Singapore?

One more thing has SGD appreciated similar to USD or more/less

Nipping on UK it is 3 per cent max
    Before 40 per cent tax
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the NRIs will be afraid to invest right now...lets wait for next 3 months....DP was a bad idea!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul2011
    Most of the NRIs will be afraid to invest right now...lets wait for next 3 months....DP was a bad idea!

Yes

The currency downfall was NOT factored on

A very important miss.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vb2309
    Yes

The currency downfall was NOT factored on

A very important miss.

I am waiting for dollor/ euro bonds..expect 8% tax free interest...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul2011
    I am waiting for dollor/ euro bonds..expect 8% tax free interest...

Dollar Euro bonds ?
    What are u talking about ?

If that happens real estate market will tumble down
    CommentQuote