Last updated: May 27 2019
6003 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : ATS Kocoon, ATS, Sector 109, Gurgaon

Originally posted by vb2309 View Post
    Here on numbers it looks that CLP IS BETTER
    However Amit ( our financial asset on this forum) says that in ATS the difference s less as ATS pay,ent plan takes 50 per cent in a year.
    Correct, i did my own calculation and the payout for DP vs CLP in case of ATS Kocoon for 36 mths period (provided the possession happens in 36 mths) comes out almost same, with +/- 1-2 lakhs.. however, if the construction schedule changes or changes to the interest rates/ any other external factors, then the calculation would change drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
      Sir first of all in my matrix

when cost price is 3500 and selling price after 4 years is 7000 my IRR is 18.90% (see table carefully) not 12.9% as mentioned by you

baki sir agar lala maths karu

jara 3500 pain 25% annual return calculate karo = 3500*(1.25)^4 = answer will be 8544 not 7000

to have an simple interest of 25% the resale price after four years will be 8544 and not 7000.

isilie simple interest nahi lagana chahiye as it does not take into account time value of money/dates of payment
      Rahul and Amit,

8544 is what wd be great then..
      8544 yaar rahkna bhai
      IRR is high funds for me....
      SI AND CRR are what I understand... The old school....also IRR for me is higher as my Cost Of Capital is lessor
      My estimate for 2016 is 8000 ...... Ur estimate was 9000...
      Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

Originally posted by pmall101 View Post
        Correct, i did my own calculation and the payout for DP vs CLP in case of ATS Kocoon for 36 mths period (provided the possession happens in 36 mths) comes out almost same, with +/- 1-2 lakhs.. however, if the construction schedule changes or changes to the interest rates/ any other external factors, then the calculation would change drastically.
        I agree mate.....
        The say 36 months plus 6 months grace in BBA
        aap 42 months pe calcite karo
        May I please ask at what rate DP and CLP u are considering ?
        Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

Originally posted by vb2309 View Post
          Amit....
          When u r free for then...
          Wiki says :
          The internal rate of return on an investment or project is the "annualized effective compounded return rate" or "rate of return" that makes the net present value (NPV as NET*1/(1+IRR)^year) of all cash flows (both positive and negative) from a particular investment equal to zero.
          In more specific terms, the IRR of an investment is the discount rate at which the net present value of costs (negative cash flows) of the investment equals the net present value of the benefits (positive cash flows) of the investment.
          Internal rates of return are commonly used to evaluate the desirability of investments or projects. The higher a project's internal rate of return, the more desirable it is to undertake the project. Assuming all projects require the same amount of up-front investment, the project with the highest IRR would be considered the best and undertaken first.
          A firm (or individual) should, in theory, undertake all projects or investments available with IRRs that exceed the cost of capital. Investment may be limited by availability of funds to the firm and/or by the firm's capacity or ability to manage numerous projects.

What discount rate are they talking of ?

Amit bro: this is the most important line: IRR can fail in many scenarios:

eg: Lending and borrowing

Case A : You pay out initially Rs 1000 C0= -1000, and then after 1 yr yiu are paid Rs 1500 (C1= +1500) , you lend the money at 50% ..IRR here is 50% where as NPV is +364

case B: you get 1000 initially, you borrow at 50% and you get a negative cash flow of -1500 in year 1...IRR is again 50% but NPV is -364

IRR rules fails here.

There are many case in which IRR rule is not applicable eg
          a) Multiple rate of returns scenarios
          b)when projects are mutually exclusive:
          Project A: Cash flow year0: -10000, cash flow year1= +20000 IRR% is 100%
          NPV at 10% is +8182

Project B: cash flow year0: -20000, cash flow year1= +35000, IRR 75% but NPV is 11818

Here you can see though IRR is higher in project A its NPV is lower and hence project is better investment

There are many other reasons that now a days.. NPV is preferred over IRR .

I am not saying IRR is bad but has many pit falls.so better use NPV for multi project evaluations.

I am sure you will agree.

Comment

Rahul - what you are saying is theoritically correct

But how would you use NPV for evaluating a RE project?

You can use NPV in one way

if you have two pejects which you want to compare.. You know the current costs and you can assume future costs and calculate the NPV of the project if the NPV of a project is higher - one should choose that.

In NPV you can assume your cost of capital as 3/4%.

In majority of cases NPV and IRR gives the same results.

IRR is not useful only in the case where cash flow could be negetive in one year and then positive. IN RE projects since you will sell only once there can not be an interim negeitive cash flow (the only negetive cash flow will happen if you sell below cost price, but that nit an interim cash flow that is a final cash flow

hence i can say with utmost certainity that in the kind of projects we are evaluating NPV and IRR will give the SAME RESULTS

Comment

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
              Rahul - what you are saying is theoritically correct

But how would you use NPV for evaluating a RE project?

You can use NPV in one way

if you have two pejects which you want to compare.. You know the current costs and you can assume future costs and calculate the NPV of the project if the NPV of a project is higher - one should choose that.

In NPV you can assume your cost of capital as 3/4%.

In majority of cases NPV and IRR gives the same results.

IRR is not useful only in the case where cash flow could be negetive in one year and then positive. IN RE projects since you will sell only once there can not be an interim negeitive cash flow (the only negetive cash flow will happen if you sell below cost price, but that nit an interim cash flow that is a final cash flow

hence i can say with utmost certainity that in the kind of projects we are evaluating NPV and IRR will give the SAME RESULTS
              Thanks Bro.. We both understand each other..

Comment

Dwarka Expressway progress in pictures

Relevant link from DE THREAD

DE dwarka expressway progress PHOTOGRAPHS BY RUDDER on DE THREAD

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...=2262#post1455

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...=2264#post1456
                Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

i heard ki jo type B 2095sq ft hai uska area bad ke 2145 ho gaya hai. can someone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by skhosla View Post
                    i heard ki jo type B 2095sq ft hai uska area bad ke 2145 ho gaya hai. can someone confirm?
                    Not sure, will check
                    Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

Good news guys and ladies (if any)

New station on Gurgaon metro lineRumu Banerjee, TNN | Feb 19, 2012, 06.41AM IST
                      Work May Start Soon On Station Near Delhi-Haryana Border

NEW DELHI: The extension of the Airport Metro Express to Gurgaon will now have a station near the Delhi-Haryana border. The 12km alignment, which is expected to cut travelling time down to 14 minutes, will start from the underground station at Dwarka Sector 21 and have four elevated stations at Bijwasan, Sector 23, Sector 18 and IFFCO chowk. A Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said, "The detailed project report has been submitted with the Haryana government for approval. Work is expected to start soon." Reliance Infrastructure, the concessionaire for the Airport Metro Express, has already submitted an expression of interest (EOI) for the project, said sources.

The civil construction of the alignment, including the stations, will be done by Delhi Metro, said officials.

The same format was used for the Airport Metro Express line. "The original DPR of the project had only four stations on the alignment, but later, a need was felt for a station in the vicinity of old Gurgaon. The station at Bijwasan will cater to that ridership," said the official. The extension to Gurgaon will have connectivity to the R-Infra Airport Metro Express at the Dwarka Sector 21 station. The corridor, which is being labelled as the Express Metro link, will allow commuters to travel from Delhi to Gurgaon in just 14 minutes. It will also cut down considerably on the travel time from the heart of Delhi, the Rajiv Chowk station, to Gurgaon by half hour.

A senior DMRC official said, "The proposed completion date is 2016, if the DPR is given approval and order for implementation comes in within the next few months." The extension of the Airport Metro Express is only one of the lines that will connect the NCR with Delhi. As part of phase III, the Janakpuri (west) to Kalindi Kunj corridor will connect Noida with Delhi while the extension of the corridor from Central Secretariat to Badarpur till Faridabad will do the same for the NCR town.

At present, the Airport Metro Express is till Dwarka Sector 21, and takes around 20 minutes to reach New Delhi Metro station, the originating station on the corridor. Gurgaon is connected to Delhi through the Jehangirpuri-HUDA city centre alignment, which is one of the longest corridors on the Delhi Metro network. Sources at R-Infra admitted that Delhi Metro's intimation to the company to submit an EOI was being seen as a positive sign. Incidentally, the same high-speed alignment built for the Airport Metro Express is going to be built for the extension to Gurgaon.

The !2km extension of Airport Metro Express is being labelled as the Express Metro link and will allow commuters to travel from Delhi to Gurgaon in just 14 minutes
                      Nothing Surprises Me

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X