Hi All,

Can you guys please suggest if Emaar Emerald Estate in Sector 65 ,Golf Road Extension is a good buy at 5000 psf in resale.

Any update will help me decide further.

Thanks
Read more
509 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 1% has to be deducted from 1st June owards for each new installment

1% has to be deducted from 1st June owards for each new installment
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rishiss
    1% has to be deducted from 1st June owards for each new installment

Does 1% have to be deducted for each new instalment after 1st june13 or only in those cases for under construction properties where the balance pending payment is 50 lakhs or more ??
    Also for original booking 1020 sq ft emerald estate apartments the total cost was Around 40 lakhs i.e less than 50 lakhs so there is no need to deduct 1% Tds on those units.
    CommentQuote
  • Can someone pls share progress of Tower A? is there work going on in this tower

It
    CommentQuote
  • Notsure if this is the correct thread to discuss emerald estate as there are very few discussions that I could see happening. Either I am looking at incorrect thread or there are only investors so none of them wants to discuss this project... Senior members-views/thoughts??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Trumpcard
    Notsure if this is the correct thread to discuss emerald estate as there are very few discussions that I could see happening. Either I am looking at incorrect thread or there are only investors so none of them wants to discuss this project... Senior members-views/thoughts??

Trumpcard,
    You are at the right thread to discuss Emerald Estate and there are numerous end users here, not just investors. Well, that fact is that work is going on at a brisk pace and everyone is happy with the progress.

I had posted a few photos of the Tower A and B among others, so you can go back a few pages and see those. Tower A and B seem almost complete while the sample flat in Tower B is good. Liked the quality of construction and finishing. Emaar MGF has a page where the construction updates for all towers are updated every month or so, you can check that. Hope that helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Also there hasn't been much of a dip in the prices being offered so far keeping the current economic slowdown in mind, which further proves the core strength of this project be it in terms of location, quality or future potential, I am still getting several offers for 7200-7300 for my 2 bed lower floor pool park facing unit for an all white deal.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks Raoulg and Vickys for sharing your views.

I am looking for an apartment in Tower A or B, but am a little concerned about possession. I went to Emaar office and they say that "they expect to give possession by 2014 end. But I feel 3rd or 4th quarter of 2015 if they continue like this. Can we expect more surprises given Emaar has too many projects to work on in Gurgaon itself??

And I cannot really say where EE is on their priority list.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Trumpcard
    thanks Raoulg and Vickys for sharing your views.

I am looking for an apartment in Tower A or B, but am a little concerned about possession. I went to Emaar office and they say that "they expect to give possession by 2014 end. But I feel 3rd or 4th quarter of 2015 if they continue like this. Can we expect more surprises given Emaar has too many projects to work on in Gurgaon itself??

And I cannot really say where EE is on their priority list.

Emerald Estate is a good buy currently. With most of the work finishing at top speed, I expect them to finish by mid-2015 at the latest. If you are planning to buy a flat there, do check about the sample flat. I think they need to deliver a project now and EE might happen to be the next one.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vickys
    Well I doubt if you are going to get any good unit at that price , a friend of mine was offered 6700 few days back and refused.With palm drive premier terrace prices reaching 8000 emerald estates prices too will shoot up soon as towers near completion, buy something soon I would suggest or else expect 7500 by mid next year

Originally Posted by Vickys
    well the work had stopped due to the water usage issue same as everywhere else in gurgaon.It has commenced slowly and is expected to pick up speed soon,although finishing work iniside the appartments has also commenced,in tower A and B , i guess they shall be ready for posession earlier followed by other towers in first quarter of 2014.
    Check out the construction and finishing quality of the completed lower flats in tower A/B.ITS REAL GOOD,EMMAR THOUGH DELIVERS LATE BUT QUALITY IS ALWAYS GOOD.The quality and finish of the flat,flooring,tiles and fittings/windows/doors is good,huge windows in fact,green marble in the lobbies and staircases,looks nice.
    Price too has shot up to 6500-6600 in resale,expected to reach 7500-8000 before possession by end of 2013.

Both posted in Oct-2012

Its so much fun reading the old posts and seeing the lofty assumptions, forecasts getting punctured...:bab (59):

A majority of Emerald Estate quotes on 99acres are less than 7000 with many touching 6600...

And the possession is no where in sight by end 2013 and mostly be by end 2015..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neutral
    Both posted in Oct-2012

Its so much fun reading the old posts and seeing the lofty assumptions, forecasts getting punctured...:bab (59):

A majority of Emerald Estate quotes on 99acres are less than 7000 with many touching 6600...

Hey Neutral,

i agree the forecasts by vickys were optimistic but that's what you'd expect investors to be right? i am quite sure with the way our economy is going, even the wisest wizards of investment have gotten quite a bit of forecasts punctured... :D i went to the site yday and towers tower A has external paintwork starting off... B,C have brickwork almost done and H,J and K have external brickwork going on...tower G is up till 11th floor and i expect the demand for the final floor in a month...the laggards are tower E and F which might delay the possession of the project... however, im optimistic on delivery by end 2014...

of course, this forecast cud get punctured too :P trumpcard, what rates are u getting quotes for currently?
    CommentQuote
    Both posted in Oct-2012

Its the same for every project where investors have stake. the rates quoted on the forums are between builder current rate and the actual resale rate ;)

The reality in the market turns out to be way different once you decide to invest in a project and land up negotiating with brokers.

And another extension to this is, the smaller the size of the unit, the higher the sentimental value...:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
    Both posted in Oct-2012

Well mr. Neutral ,actually your implulsive mail is quite contrary to your chosen ID,not that I care but you see my assumptions didn't get punctured, I had 2 units in Emerald estate and I sold 1 already 2 months back at 7300 all white, it was in tower J pool and park facing and made a decent profit having booked it at 3050 in mid 2009, now how you term that as a puncture is my wildest imagination:bab (59): well you can enjoy your fun reading mails and I can counting my cash, right.
    And bud before going on 99 acres and checking the rates are you aware that in 1 project nearing completion there can be a rate difference of 500 rs/sq ft easily depending on location of unit, so one 6600 can mean another can be at 7000 and a 7000 means another can be at 7300, go and so some groundwork, check out the location of the units whose prices are being quoted and then discuss bud.
    And you know for me as an investor it's even more good that the project is not yet delivered and shall be by end of 2014 I guess , why , cause I am paying slowly and there is no need for possession and registry and stamp duty charges etc, while my profit grows with time and coupled with surrounding infra on GCX:bab (59):
    Next time pls use your words wisely and yes I am getting offers for 7300 all white for my other unit also and you wont find it on 99 acres why- cause buyers flock for good units rather than sellers flocking for buyers :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
    Both posted in Oct-2012

A majority of Emerald Estate quotes on 99acres are less than 7000 with many touching 6600... And the possession is no where in sight by end 2013 and mostly be by end 2015..

Well, maybe you are actually wrong, neutral and I agree with Vickys view point as I keep getting call from brokers for 7100-7200 deals. In the last 3-4 weeks, I get at least 5-6 calls and equal number of emails as work is going at a quick-pace at EE. Maybe you don't own a flat here so you are not aware of the prices, but depending upon 99acres for your information. Location does matter for the price, maybe that is the difference.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chetani3
    Hey Neutral,

i agree the forecasts by vickys were optimistic but that's what you'd expect investors to be right? i am quite sure with the way our economy is going, even the wisest wizards of investment have gotten quite a bit of forecasts punctured... :D i went to the site yday and towers tower A has external paintwork starting off... B,C have brickwork almost done and H,J and K have external brickwork going on...tower G is up till 11th floor and i expect the demand for the final floor in a month...the laggards are tower E and F which might delay the possession of the project... however, im optimistic on delivery by end 2014...

of course, this forecast cud get punctured too :P trumpcard, what rates are u getting quotes for currently?

I am getting 6900 quote for 1395 sqft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vickys
    Well mr. Neutral ,actually your implulsive mail is quite contrary to your chosen ID,not that I care

It was not at all impulsive, read this whole thread; checked out 99acres and ; spoke to few brokers and took quotes from them and visited the site as well

I had 2 units in Emerald estate and I sold 1 already 2 months back at 7300 all white, it was in tower J pool and park facing and made a decent profit having booked it at 3050 in mid 2009, now how you term that as a puncture is my wildest imagination:bab (59): well you can enjoy your fun reading mails and I can counting my cash, right.

Sorry no offence to u or anyone; but this language is typical of brokers. When they quote u a higher price for some property and u point out that someone else offered lower rate to u, they will start saying things like but this is pool, park, lower floor, himalaya facing unit and then run away..
    Ur unit had three combinations - all white, pool and park facing. Ur original post quoted a range of 7500-8000. Assuming these three combos to cost more, ur price should hv been 8000 but u sold it for 7300 (as per u). Nothing wrong, I just pointed out how projections have been felt short. No need to take it personal; that was just a pointer towards the condition of the market.

And bud before going on 99 acres and checking the rates are you aware that in 1 project nearing completion there can be a rate difference of 500 rs/sq ft easily depending on location of unit, so one 6600 can mean another can be at 7000 and a 7000 means another can be at 7300, go and so some groundwork, check out the location of the units whose prices are being quoted and then discuss bud.

Same as above, u quoted a price range. I quoted a price range floating in the market.

Next time pls use your words wisely and yes I am getting offers for 7300 all white for my other unit also and you wont find it on 99 acres why- cause buyers flock for good units rather than sellers flocking for buyers :bab (59):

Good for u!
    CommentQuote