Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

Collapse
X
Collapse

Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

Last updated: December 5 2012
29 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #11

    #11

    Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

    220 Storeys in 90 Days... That's China for You.

    Just when you thought Empire State building was build so quickly in 1930's and were wondering what would be the next technological feat in terms of speed of construction, here comes our neighbours with mind boggling speed.

    China is going to construct a 220 storeyed tower taller then Burj Khalifa in hold your breath in 90 days. So lets read more about this.

    Sky City, an 838-meter (2,750-ft) building to be built by Chinese construction company Broad Sustainable Building (BSB), of Broad Group, will not just be the tallest skyscraper on the planet, won’t just be “earthquake-proof,” won’t just implement a sustainable design approach – it will go up in only 90 days.

    Skeptical? BSB isn’t. They’ve used their building technique (which involves pre-fabricating and assembling up to 95% of the materials in modular form before construction even begins) to assemble a 15-story building in 6 days and a 30-story hotel in 360 hours, CNN reports. As for safety concerns, BSB has built a 30-story prototype that withstood a simulated magnitude 9 earthquake — whether the 220-story Sky City will be as secure remains to be seen, but BSB certainly seems confident.

    Fast Facts

    According to Gizmag: “If the target is met, the 838-meter (2,750-ft) “Sky City One” will take only a twentieth of the time that the Burj Khalifa, the world’s current tallest building, took to construct, and will stand 10 meters (33 feet) taller still upon completion.”

    Sky City One advertises itself as an earthquake-resistant, carless city which will accommodate approximately 100,000 people and provide retail and leisure facilities.

    - Sky City One has been designed with 15-cm (6-inch) thick exterior walls and a quadruple glazing in order to improve its insulation, allowing it to consume a fifth of the energy of a conventional building its size.

    - The Sky City One will contain 1,000,000 sq m (10,800,000 sq ft) of usable floor space, have 220 floors, and 104 separate elevators.

    - According to CNN, the Sky City One is projected to cost US$628 million. (Compare that to the $1.5 billion Burj Khalifa cost).

    - Work should commence in November 2012 through to the following January, but final approval from Chinese authorities is yet to be granted.

    World’s Tallest Skyscraper To Be Built…In 90 Days | ArchDaily

    Here is a video to know more about this project....

    China is building world's tallest building in 7 months - YouTube

    After reading this one only gets a feeling that we are yet to get out of Dark ages.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #12

      #12

      Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

      All these big iconic towers are build based on modularised concept. Which means that 90days for 220 floors is not the actual building time but assembly time. 16 months for Empire State Building in 1930, I would say, is still more amazing than 220 floors in 90days because of the technology and equipments available today. Modular concept is used mainly in countries where they have extreme weather OR very costly labor OR complex structures.

      For our own Gurgaon apartments, if they use this concept to speed up the construction it will become very costly for them. Still some of the good builders have been using modules but in a very small sense. Moreover, labor is very cheap in India. It is not for the technology and construction stragety but delays in approvals + builder/invester nexus (no paisa after 30% payment has gone & inventory unsold) which is delaying the projects.

      Comment

      • #13

        #13

        Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

        If I am not wrong IREO/L&T have partially used these techniques in IVV and GA. Havent seen any brickworks happening there. Pre cast slabs were used for walls.

        Lets see if they are able to finish on time even after using this technique.

        Originally posted by Garabh View Post
        All these big iconic towers are build based on modularised concept. Which means that 90days for 220 floors is not the actual building time but assembly time. 16 months for Empire State Building in 1930, I would say, is still more amazing than 220 floors in 90days because of the technology and equipments available today. Modular concept is used mainly in countries where they have extreme weather OR very costly labor OR complex structures.

        For our own Gurgaon apartments, if they use this concept to speed up the construction it will become very costly for them. Still some of the good builders have been using modules but in a very small sense. Moreover, labor is very cheap in India. It is not for the technology and construction stragety but delays in approvals + builder/invester nexus (no paisa after 30% payment has gone & inventory unsold) which is delaying the projects.

        Comment

        • #14

          #14

          Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

          Originally posted by rushilarora View Post
          If I am not wrong IREO/L&T have partially used these techniques in IVV and GA. Havent seen any brickworks happening there. Pre cast slabs were used for walls.

          Lets see if they are able to finish on time even after using this technique.
          rushil bhai ,

          i was speaking to a chinese senior professional acquintance and were discussing about Gurgaon RE market and i was proudly telling him that in Gurgaon L&T was using the latest construction technology and was able to cast 3 floors per month on an average. He smiled and opoened these sites that you had refered to and stumped me.

          so yes, these technologies are highly relevant is they are not hampered by ' other issues ' that plague the RE market. Issues like lack of single window of approvals for all permits/ approvals; incentive for the builder to delay construction as he moves money for other projects and so on so forth.

          In china i guess their market has evolved and matured to overcome these issues and today they have issue of abundance, which they are forcibly trying to cool down.

          Specifically for L&T projects they are using the MIVAN technology which is suitable for constructing large number of houses within short time using room size forms to construct walls and slabs in one continuous pour on concrete.All the activities are planned in assembly line manner and hence result into more accurate, well – controlled and high quality production at optimum cost and in shortest possible time.The frames for windows and door as well as ducts for services are placed in the form before concreting. Staircase flights, façade panels, chajjas and jails etc. and other pre-fabricated items are also integrated into the structure. This proves to be a major advantage as compared to other modern construction techniques.However they are not using prefabricated components .

          The chinese have taken this to a new level altogether. It is their desire to grow out of their historical perception as people who give cheap imitations, there is a deep burning desire in them to do whatever it takes to change it and that is resulting into all these innovations.

          Comment

          • #15

            #15

            Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

            Originally posted by Bikumatre View Post
            rushil bhai ,

            i was speaking to a chinese senior professional acquintance and were discussing about Gurgaon RE market and i was proudly telling him that in Gurgaon L&T was using the latest construction technology and was able to cast 3 floors per month on an average. He smiled and opoened these sites that you had refered to and stumped me.
            Surprised to hear that someone (that too from India!) is telling Chinese about construction technology and all - they are light years ahead of us. I mean, forget about these sites, everyone knows that they are building the country much faster and in a more efficient manner than anyone else in the world !!

            Comment

            • #16

              #16

              Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

              Originally posted by rajatk View Post
              Surprised to hear that someone (that too from India!) is telling Chinese about construction technology and all - they are light years ahead of us. I mean, forget about these sites, everyone knows that they are building the country much faster and in a more efficient manner than anyone else in the world !!
              so what is your point . maybe be i am too dumb to understand it or one of the 3 idiots to not know what the whole world knows . Maybe you are the ' virus' who can teach me all about the 'chinese construction technology ' beyond the sites .

              Comment

              • #17

                #17

                Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

                Chandigarh, Nov 28 (IANS) A 10−storey building, set to come up in just 48 hours! A businessman in Chandigarh claims it is possible, and he will prove it.
                Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is set to lay the foundation stone of the 10−storey building, INSTACON, Thursday.
                The brain behind the project, businessman Harpal Singh, says the building will be ready within two days.
                The building is set to come up in Industrial Area Phase−I of Mohali town, 10 km from here.
                Harpal Singh claims this is the first building of its kind in the country.
                The whole building is pre−fabricated, manufactured at the factory. There are doors that are ready to be fitted in, floors, water supply and wiring components, all ready to be shifted.
                "All the components have been manufactured already, doors that can be pre−fitted, water supply components, wiring, sanitation, air conditioning ducts and everything else. These will be shifted in state−of−the−art transporting vehicles to the actual site for installation," Singh said.
                He claimed that new construction technology would enable owners of such buildings to generate revenue within days, instead of waiting for months and years before the building is complete.
                He said that the technology could revolutionise the whole infrastructure sector and speed up construction of commercial towers, luxury hotels, high−rise buildings, hospitals, educational institutions, universities and retail outlets.
                Singh said architects, planners and engineers were being invited to witness the construction of INSTACON.

                Comment

                • #18

                  #18

                  Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

                  Thats awesome. Always wondered whether these record breaking time schedule also include excavation time and building of foundation..??


                  Originally posted by khotasikka View Post
                  Chandigarh, Nov 28 (IANS) A 10−storey building, set to come up in just 48 hours! A businessman in Chandigarh claims it is possible, and he will prove it.
                  Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is set to lay the foundation stone of the 10−storey building, INSTACON, Thursday.
                  The brain behind the project, businessman Harpal Singh, says the building will be ready within two days.
                  The building is set to come up in Industrial Area Phase−I of Mohali town, 10 km from here.
                  Harpal Singh claims this is the first building of its kind in the country.
                  The whole building is pre−fabricated, manufactured at the factory. There are doors that are ready to be fitted in, floors, water supply and wiring components, all ready to be shifted.
                  "All the components have been manufactured already, doors that can be pre−fitted, water supply components, wiring, sanitation, air conditioning ducts and everything else. These will be shifted in state−of−the−art transporting vehicles to the actual site for installation," Singh said.
                  He claimed that new construction technology would enable owners of such buildings to generate revenue within days, instead of waiting for months and years before the building is complete.
                  He said that the technology could revolutionise the whole infrastructure sector and speed up construction of commercial towers, luxury hotels, high−rise buildings, hospitals, educational institutions, universities and retail outlets.
                  Singh said architects, planners and engineers were being invited to witness the construction of INSTACON.

                  Comment

                  • #19

                    #19

                    Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

                    A 10−storey building in 48 hours?

                    https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...?p=339#post263
                    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

                    Comment

                    • #20

                      #20

                      Re : Can the Indian Real Estate Deliver our Dream Homes on Time

                      Some pictures

                      Chandigarh starts work on a 10-storey building in 48 hours – NDTV.com Photo Gallery


                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X