Hi members!

I am a newbie on this forum and I am really hoping to get useful information from the senior members and other experienced contributors.

I live in Gurgaon, but due to my hectic work schedule I am not aware about the current real estate happenings in the city. I recently got married and now I am planning to invest in some property in Gurgaon (I don't see myself moving out of the city in the near future). So can you guys please help me out and suggest some good investment options ?

The only preference I have is that the property should be in the sectors near the city and not in far off areas like Bhiwadi (I myself might move in if the property is good). Also, I don't mind waiting for 2-3 years to get the possession.

Looking forward to get some valuable feedback.

Best,
R.Singh.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Wait and if you can't be cautious!

I would suggest you wait for there might be a major correction on the charts. That said, if you are still adamant upon getting a flat - here is the next best advice: take everything on online forums with a pinch of salt. No one (well almost!) is unbiased here - either the bias is personal or professional is difficult to say.

My opinion/bias: With the new flyover proposed over the subhash chowk - CP makes good sense. I've seen the project over the past few months and the progress is good - and despite the usual tirade against the builder I think its best to have a look at the project yourself. The layout is good and the location as almost anyone would tell you is excellent. With the economy looking up I would think there should be no more issues with the project now - but again, you call!

Vipul Greens is another good project though I've not had a first hand chance to go there - but may be other members can help you out on that. Refrain from Unitech if you can..
    CommentQuote
  • Well I am too a new member and was about to start a similar thread. Thanks for that but sudiptosen, how sure are you about the correction ?

And I am looking for a flat to move in rather than investing..Does Vipul Greens or Central Park or any other builder has some projects which will be ready by the end of the year ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Anand,

I do not intend to be a panic monger but the ration of rent/purchase for flats in places like Gurgaon and Noida seems quite high. See one of the resons for that is that people nowadays are having savings (thanks to the economy boom) and they want to look for investments which would top the high inflation rate (funnily if you keep your money in Banks nowadays you are effectively loosing money since the interest you earn is more than offset by the inflation).

To cut a long story short - the real estate market is overheated owing to the high cash inflow but as people realize that real estate may not be so safe after all (I am not sure what might trigger this) - they may start selling off and you may get better prices.

Now there are a lot of "may" in my hypothesis so if you are convinced you are in - go ahead and get your self a nice home! as for the flats ready by year end - I suppose Central Park has has the Bellevue Phase one complete(tower 7,8,9) and should be getting possesion in a couple of months but better talk to the builder directly and visit the site for a better assessment.

Best,
    SS
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudiptosen
    Hi Anand,

I do not intend to be a panic monger but the ration of rent/purchase for flats in places like Gurgaon and Noida seems quite high. See one of the resons for that is that people nowadays are having savings (thanks to the economy boom) and they want to look for investments which would top the high inflation rate (funnily if you keep your money in Banks nowadays you are effectively loosing money since the interest you earn is more than offset by the inflation).

To cut a long story short - the real estate market is overheated owing to the high cash inflow but as people realize that real estate may not be so safe after all (I am not sure what might trigger this) - they may start selling off and you may get better prices.

Now there are a lot of "may" in my hypothesis so if you are convinced you are in - go ahead and get your self a nice home! as for the flats ready by year end - I suppose Central Park has has the Bellevue Phase one complete(tower 7,8,9) and should be getting possesion in a couple of months but better talk to the builder directly and visit the site for a better assessment.

Best,
    SS

Are there new projects in Central Park ?? Which will be completed in next 2-3 years ?? Are there chances for the price to go up ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singh.r
    Are there new projects in Central Park ?? Which will be completed in next 2-3 years ?? Are there chances for the price to go up ??

Have a look at Central Park Gurgaon | High Rise Apartments Gurgaon | Residential Projects India for more details or better still call them up. The price should go up in a 2-3 year time-frame by a reasonable amount (but that is true for several projects not just this one).
    CommentQuote
  • Hi singh.r and hello again SudiptoSen

Nice weather eh ? Okay so R.Singh, I booked a flat in CP 2 recently after a lot of discussion (have a look at the discussion thread - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15040-the-palm-drive-vs-central-park-belgravia-vs-unitech-opulence-gurgaon?t=17292)

I would suggest you to invest in it and I have seen the work going on there. The excavation work in tower 24 and 25 has already started and my guess is they will be soon raising the prices.

Its better that you go and visit the site and then decide.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Nidhi,

Didn't notice the weather until read your reply. Well, I read your thread and thanks for sharing it.

Can you tell me the rate at which you booked (only if it is not against the forum rules and you are comfortable sharing it ) otherwise you can PM me.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singh.r
    Hi Nidhi,

Didn't notice the weather until read your reply. Well, I read your thread and thanks for sharing it.

Can you tell me the rate at which you booked (only if it is not against the forum rules and you are comfortable sharing it ) otherwise you can PM me.

Thanks.

I hope you got my PM ! And I forgot to mention I got a discount of 200 Rs. psft too :D
    CommentQuote
  • Greetings,

I would agree to the remarks Made By Mr Sen And Nidhi, I went to see CP2 on sunday (3/7/2011) and saw a lot of activity, You can check the below link for latest pics of Cp2.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x353/Achiever1981/Central Park 2 latest Pics

With that said I also like Vipul greens a Lot, My friend has got an Apartment in Vipul greens, I just loved the layout and the Society as a whole.

Below is the link where i had mentioned about the latest Update of Cp2.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/10386-central-park-23-mehta-propmart-belgravia-sector-48-gurgoan/page5?t=12762&page=5

Happy house Hunting :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Nidhi,
    cn u pls PM me the details as well...?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Achiever
    Greetings,

I would agree to the remarks Made By Mr Sen And Nidhi, I went to see CP2 on sunday (3/7/2011) and saw a lot of activity, You can check the below link for latest pics of Cp2.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x353/Achiever1981/Central Park 2 latest Pics

With that said I also like Vipul greens a Lot, My friend has got an Apartment in Vipul greens, I just loved the layout and the Society as a whole.

Below is the link where i had mentioned about the latest Update of Cp2.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/10386-central-park-23-mehta-propmart-belgravia-sector-48-gurgoan/page5?t=12762&page=5

Happy house Hunting :)

Hi Achiever,

I read the thread you mentioned and I have a feeling that some of the members have biased opinions towards some builders but that's okay :P Suppose thats a part and parcel of the forum :-)

Thanks for your advice!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MeenakshiMS
    Hi Nidhi,
    cn u pls PM me the details as well...?

Hey Meenakshi,

I hope you got my PM :)

:D
    CommentQuote
  • i would recommend Vipul Greens and Bestech park view 1/2 You can get proven/ready product at 6000/sq ft. with good layouts/facilities...

While the CP2 might lure investors with its glossy sample and MAY BE they do deliver the same in their new towers.. The quality/finish of ready towers 1-6 leaves a lot to be desired... The sham of a club and pool and the 20 ft by 100 green... the initial investors have all the reason to feel short changed(The WALL makes these towers ( also 7,8,9) look orphans..

I seriosly hope they make ammends in future towers....
    CommentQuote
  • You might be right in saying that a lot of member here don't like cp2, and that is coz of some reason. Check these links, you will get to hear straight from the cp2 buyers.

Central Park 2

Central Park 2 Residents Welfare Association (RWA)

Apart from these, I have N number of emails that were posted to the cp2 group that talk about the endless issues this project has got.

Originally Posted by NidhiAgarwal
    Hi Achiever,

I read the thread you mentioned and I have a feeling that some of the members have biased opinions towards some builders but that's okay :P Suppose thats a part and parcel of the forum :-)

Thanks for your advice!
    CommentQuote
  • Well, no builder is immune to operational challenges in the past years and every builder has had issues in the past 3-4 years due to the economic slump. There are 'n' number of posts dedicated to builder complaints by the 'buyers' of other projects as well. To mention a few,

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/16623-fraud-by-bptp-group-gurgaon?t=18858

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/16097-chaos-in-mgf-office-shravan-gupta-grilled-yesterday?t=18340

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15097-unitech-brothers-fall-out-over-2g-scam?t=17363

And for an overall picture go through this thread

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15911-debt-and-re-players?t=18132

And one can find similar 'complaint' pages for EVERY builder, still some members keep pushing a few threads all over again.

In my opinion, one issue in the past does not mean that the builder is not going to deliver in future, but its all about the buyer's decision in the end: BASED upon the ground reality not biased opinions!

I advice to do a reality check for every builder before making a decision.

Hope you make a wise choice.

:bab (6):
    CommentQuote