Hi members!

I am a newbie on this forum and I am really hoping to get useful information from the senior members and other experienced contributors.

I live in Gurgaon, but due to my hectic work schedule I am not aware about the current real estate happenings in the city. I recently got married and now I am planning to invest in some property in Gurgaon (I don't see myself moving out of the city in the near future). So can you guys please help me out and suggest some good investment options ?

The only preference I have is that the property should be in the sectors near the city and not in far off areas like Bhiwadi (I myself might move in if the property is good). Also, I don't mind waiting for 2-3 years to get the possession.

Looking forward to get some valuable feedback.

Best,
R.Singh.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sudiptosen
    Well, no builder is immune to operational challenges in the past years and every builder has had issues in the past 3-4 years due to the economic slump. There are 'n' number of posts dedicated to builder complaints by the 'buyers' of other projects as well. To mention a few,

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/16623-fraud-by-bptp-group-gurgaon?t=18858

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/16097-chaos-in-mgf-office-shravan-gupta-grilled-yesterday?t=18340

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15097-unitech-brothers-fall-out-over-2g-scam?t=17363

And for an overall picture go through this thread

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/15911-debt-and-re-players?t=18132

And one can find similar 'complaint' pages for EVERY builder, still some members keep pushing a few threads all over again.

In my opinion, one issue in the past does not mean that the builder is not going to deliver in future, but its all about the buyer's decision in the end: BASED upon the ground reality not biased opinions!

I advice to do a reality check for every builder before making a decision.

Hope you make a wise choice.

:bab (6):

Yeah, I agree with you Sudipto. And even I will recommend to do a background check and not to believe in biased opinions. As the legendary US real estate tycoon once famously said, ''In real estate, take each day an it's face value".
    :)
    CommentQuote
  • ''In real estate, take each day an it's face value

Very very apt... Believe in what you see... and take your own informed decision....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks guys for your opinions...And thanks for sharing your views and making me aware of the whole biasing situation (I can see a couple of posts more on the same issue).

The forum is pretty informative if one keeps his/her eyes open..We all are smart enough to point out what person is behind what name :bab (59):

So now I have to gear up and pay visits to the sites (phew!)..Will keep you guys posted about my visits and in the mean while, I welcome more suggestions..You guys have been really helpful :)
    CommentQuote
  • Visited Vipul Greens and Central Park 2 yesterday and was pleased and confused (for making a choice) after that. Both the sites look good plus the work is going on well.

Next to explore - DLF, Bestech and OIDI sites :bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singh.r
    Visited Vipul Greens and Central Park 2 yesterday and was pleased and confused (for making a choice) after that. Both the sites look good plus the work is going on well.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for sharing about your visits..Did you visit DLF and Bestech too ?
    CommentQuote
    Visited Vipul Greens and Central Park 2 yesterday and was pleased and confused (for making a choice) after that. Both the sites look good plus the work is going on well.

Hi sir/maam,

Can you please PM me the rates at Vipul Greens and Central Park (since you have visited the sites) ?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Did you visit Park View 1?

Hi

:bab (27):

I have been looking for a flat for the last 1.5months but every property has some or the other flaw. God knows how long one has to go on..:bab (65):

Orchid petals is where I live on rent right now but the road outside is too narrow and expects to go crazy when the new mall inside and the office building at the beginning come up. Hence even though prices are cheaper, I have kept this as well as CLOSE as last options.

Did you visit Park View-1 - which size flats? I really liked the apartments there except that the 4BHK flats in Towers C,E and I presume G too have the Park View bedroom balconies surrounded by other flats' Service balconies on both sides, gives a kind of a chawl feeling, which ain't bad by itself but when you are shelling out a Crore plus, you don't care much about that :bab (39):!

Comparing between Park View 1 and Vipul Greens - which was better? I plan to see some Vipul Greens flats this weekend - shall update here if someone wants.

Any views on the various Society flats coming up in Sec 52 (opp Tau Devi Lal Park) ?

Originally Posted by singh.r

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dearsoum
    Hi

:bab (27):

I have been looking for a flat for the last 1.5months but every property has some or the other flaw. God knows how long one has to go on..:bab (65):

Orchid petals is where I live on rent right now but the road outside is too narrow and expects to go crazy when the new mall inside and the office building at the beginning come up. Hence even though prices are cheaper, I have kept this as well as CLOSE as last options.

Did you visit Park View-1 - which size flats? I really liked the apartments there except that the 4BHK flats in Towers C,E and I presume G too have the Park View bedroom balconies surrounded by other flats' Service balconies on both sides, gives a kind of a chawl feeling, which ain't bad by itself but when you are shelling out a Crore plus, you don't care much about that :bab (39):!

Comparing between Park View 1 and Vipul Greens - which was better? I plan to see some Vipul Greens flats this weekend - shall update here if someone wants.

Any views on the various Society flats coming up in Sec 52 (opp Tau Devi Lal Park) ?

Hi dearsoum,

I think you are talking about bestech park view while the sites which I visited were of Central Park and Vipul greens.
    I can not comment on the Park view since I have not been there, but out of Vipul greens and Central Park I am still confused (Central Park wins location wise).

Please share on this thread if you go and visit Park View, I would also like to know its status.

Happy house hunting (I know its not really happy though :bab (59):)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Anyone has any idea about Orchid Petals ? I like the location but I am not sure about the builder. How is the builder's reputation ?
    And are there any apartments available ?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prdhody
    Hi,

Anyone has any idea about Orchid Petals ? I like the location but I am not sure about the builder. How is the builder's reputation ?

Thanks.

Hi prdhody,

I do not have much details about it but I plan to visit Orchid Petals this weekend..Will share the insights once I have been there..Maybe some other members can give suggestions as of now..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudiptosen
    I would suggest you wait for there might be a major correction on the charts. That said, if you are still adamant upon getting a flat - here is the next best advice: take everything on online forums with a pinch of salt. No one (well almost!) is unbiased here - either the bias is personal or professional is difficult to say.

My opinion/bias: With the new flyover proposed over the subhash chowk - CP makes good sense. I've seen the project over the past few months and the progress is good - and despite the usual tirade against the builder I think its best to have a look at the project yourself. The layout is good and the location as almost anyone would tell you is excellent. With the economy looking up I would think there should be no more issues with the project now - but again, you call!

Vipul Greens is another good project though I've not had a first hand chance to go there - but may be other members can help you out on that. Refrain from Unitech if you can..

what is this correction you are referring to? i am also new to this...:(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prdhody
    Hi,

Thanks.

Orchid Petals :
    a) About 21 towers closely packed in limited space and greens, giving a look of a concrete jungle.
    b) Only one entrance. Second entrance is not yet operational. Peak hour entering/exiting in a vehicle could be an issue.
    c) Construction quality is okay not too bad and not too great.
    d) 4 apartments per floor with 3 elevators + a service elevator.
    e) Floor plan is satisfactory.
    f) 2 swimming pools in the complex.
    g) Penthouse on top floor. Though, nothing special to talk about.
    h) Would put it around 70% occupied.
    i) Going rate was about 5400-5500 per sqft about a couple of weeks back. Check with brokers, options should be available.
    CommentQuote
    Hi dearsoum,

I think you are talking about bestech park view while the sites which I visited were of Central Park and Vipul greens.
    I can not comment on the Park view since I have not been there, but out of Vipul greens and Central Park I am still confused (Central Park wins location wise).

Please share on this thread if you go and visit Park View, I would also like to know its status.

Central Park 2: Avoid it at all costs. That project has bucket load of problems. I have a relative stuck in that project and wanting to get out. Read various threads on this forum to know more about it and if you are still interested in investing, maybe you can bail my relative out:D
    Vipul Greens: Decent construction quality and decent floor plans. Not too big in sizes though. Avoid the ones in the back row as the sewage drain flows behind the property.
    Park View 1: Better option than above two. Well-maintained society. Layouts are okay and construction quality is decent.
    Park View 2: Similar to park view 1 but a little more congested.
    Other options to definitely check out: Fresco, Harmony (ready to move towers), Park View Spa(sample flat), Park view spa next.

Happy hunting!
    CommentQuote
  • i have a flat in Park View II. Happy with construction and layout. Good open spaces. Good maintenence.

Also it is nearly on the cross road between GCX and Sohna road. So very good location.
    CommentQuote
  • Park View 1 Top of the Charts for us, so far...

Of course we have seen Park View 1 - 5 flats in Park View-1 so far, 2 4BHK/2337 Sq feet ones, 1 4BHK/2500 sq feet one and 2 units of 3BHK+Study+Servant Qtr . :). We liked the neatness of construction, the park layout, the shops inside the colony and the park views from one or the other balconies. We did NOT like the possibility of a high rise behind Towers E & F though we are told its just independent floors and also what if the lower portion of the office building in front of Tower B suddenly goes higher!! If both these get sorted out, will prob close a deal in this colony.

Orchid Petals is where I stay on rent. Decent colony, good greenery and pools but entry/exit is an issue and so is the approach road which has 1 mall and 1 upcoming office road at the start and an upcoming mall inside...and encroachments all along from Sohna Road. Room sizes are very good and so is the layout, better than the Train compartment like 4BHKs of Park View-1 but then such is life - hardly get EVERYTHING we want :D.

Vipul Greens is neat too - visited an 1895 sq feet flat yesterday but room sizes were smaller and the 4BHK ones at Rs 1.8Crores is just too too expensive though the rooms are decent there as per plan. Plenty of greenery there too but approach from Sohna Road often sees bad traffic jams and water-logging in monsoons.

Originally Posted by singh.r
    Hi dearsoum,

CommentQuote