Hello fellow members,

I have been trying to find a plot in gurgaon for around 2 months now and failed to get one. I hope I am not trying for something impossible. Here are my requirements:

1) Budget 1 cr. 60% self financed(60L) remaining bank loan(40L).
2) All cheque payment or at most 10-12L cash (that too by converting my white into cash)
3) Since I will be going for bank loan, Plot should loanable
4) Looking for approx size 240 sq yd.
5) It's my hard earned ,whole life saving ,so looking for safe investment and good return(Can not just risk it away)

Thanks in advance....
Read more
35 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • your task is very difficult if not impossible....

rate of 40,000/yard hardly there in ggn main... and then very few all white deals...

your best bet look at vatika next/G99 plots.....

Originally Posted by PraveenP
    Hello fellow members,

I have been trying to find a plot in gurgaon for around 2 months now and failed to get one. I hope I am not trying for something impossible. Here are my requirements:

2) All cheque payment or at most 10-12L cash (that too by converting my white into cash)
    5) It's my hard earned ,whole life saving ,so looking for safe investment and good return(Can not just risk it away)

Thanks in advance....
    CommentQuote
  • I would not advise Vatika plots because of delays in handling possession letters to even the original allottees of 2006. it's been more than 5 years and normally, you would get the plots possession handed over in a matter of 2-4 years time.

You may look at G99, but there is a dependency of the Dwarka Expressway. And if you are going to use your life's savings, then you should definitely consider the fact that G99 is a high risk high reward project. In any case, you need to have a horizon of 4-5 years for G99.
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 4,7,9 (basically the old Gurgaon sectors) are the ones with relatively less rate psyd.

But if your preference is sectors live 45,46,46, then as AmitMM said, it is almost impossible to get a 240 syd plot in 1 crore, considering the fact that rates in these sectors are more that 62-65 k per sq yrd.
    CommentQuote
  • G99 is your best bet. The NPR work is ongoing and QVC are 88% owned by ILFS' Real Estate Private Equity Fund. They will deliver in time given their credentials and parentage. And you should be able to do an all-white deal.

Regards

Hello fellow members,

Thanks in advance....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for reply.

GenReal - Are G99 plots available in fresh booking? What is the price?

youngturk - I can scale down to 160- 180 sq yds to buy in 45-47 sectors but the problem is lot of cash involvement in these deals. Do any one know of any person left in our country willing to pay capital gain tax ?:bab (38):

rdhawan15 - My investment horizon is 3-6 years. Why do you think G99 is better than Vatika , apart from possession issues. I think Vatika right now has location advantage over G99.

AmitMM
    As I told I can scale down plot size but can't arrange cash. Do you think I still have these 2 choices only?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PraveenP
    Thanks everyone for reply.

GenReal - Are G99 plots available in fresh booking? What is the price?

youngturk - I can scale down to 160- 180 sq yds to buy in 45-47 sectors but the problem is lot of cash involvement in these deals. Do any one know of any person left in our country willing to pay capital gain tax ?:bab (38):

rdhawan15 - My investment horizon is 3-6 years. Why do you think G99 is better than Vatika , apart from possession issues. I think Vatika right now has location advantage over G99.

AmitMM
    As I told I can scale down plot size but can't arrange cash. Do you think I still have these 2 choices only?

You may want to look at sec 21, 22 & 23. The rate is around 45000 to 50000 per sq yard. They are the closest sectors to Delhi along with Palam Vihar, which may be a bit over budget.

Also, these are better than sec 4,7 & 9, as most of the construction is new. The roads are not bad either. There rates in these sectors have been appreciating at a very good pace. In 3 -6 years you should make good profit.
    CommentQuote
  • My reason for not supporting Vatika at this point of time is because of their poor delivery record across multiple locations and multiple projects. You can be wrong once, but if the group is habitual of making the same mistakes again and again then you need to be cautious.

And this is the precise reason that I think G99 may make for a better investment over a period of 5 years. It's a give and take for you, and the location of G99 is definitely better than that of Vatika plots.

Also, for the newer sectors with power-backup, Vatika came up with a price of 55,000 psy. To many, including me, that is an absurd price.

But then, I may be actually wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • And yes, G99 plots are available in bigger sizes as of now. I know this because I was actively looking for it until sometime back and there were a few options made available by a few brokers. For obvious reasons, and the fact that I am not affiliated with these brokers, I would suggest you do a search and find them for your cause.
    CommentQuote
  • I find the Vatika plots better... atleast the sectors 82, 82A and 83.

They have a great location advantage.

In case that area does not grow to its full extent, it will be a good place to live with wider roads and proximity to DE, NH8, Manesar... and if it grows then might be the case it will not be good for living due to the public, traffic there but it will give multi-fold gains which can allow you to take plot anywhere in gurgaon.

No offence.... my POV
    CommentQuote
  • Viresh, your POV is right. Vatika plots as of today have a good location. The problem is the delays associated with the group. If your investment horizon allows you to take delayed deliveries, then you may surely consider these plots.
    CommentQuote
  • I have already invested here... and being salaried person enjoying this (delay) advantage :)

Have paid only 20Lakhs in 2.5 years
    CommentQuote
  • Even I studied G99 closely. While QVC might be a confidence providing factor, the fact is that the dominant partner seems to be Uppal.

To best of my knowledge even the construction / development will be done by Uppal with QVC overseeing it, which does not mean much...

Now, I don't know if Uppals are good or bad on quality and timeliness but one should be aware of this fact that its not QVC, before taking the decision.
    CommentQuote
  • I would suggest dont buy any plot with size less than 180 sq yds (because of floor registry rules). Also Sectors 45-47, 55-57 are good areas, but i think you would need to increase the budget by 15-20 Lacs. Those to my mind are best areas at the moment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinthakur100
    Even I studied G99 closely. While QVC might be a confidence providing factor, the fact is that the dominant partner seems to be Uppal.

To best of my knowledge even the construction / development will be done by Uppal with QVC overseeing it, which does not mean much...

Now, I don't know if Uppals are good or bad on quality and timeliness but one should be aware of this fact that its not QVC, before taking the decision.

Yes its true Uppals are going to execute the G 99 project . And there is nothing like whose the dominant partner , both are equal , i have heard uppal brokers say that qvc only owns 5-10 plots in the community and rest is uppals , all cooked up stories by brokers .

Also on quality Uppals is very good . On the timeliness i cannot say , but as QVC is involved its a relief . For me its got the proffessionalism due to QVC , and execution by Uppals is a very good condfidence booster ( way better than the confidence i have in bptp,era and all !!1
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for your response.
    But going back to my original question. Does G99 have any plot left in budget of around 1cr? I tried talking to few brokers and they didn't seem to have anything in this budget + they demanded almost 40% cash.
    Moreover I don't suppose they are loanable. Has any bank approved that project?
    Similarly are Vatika plots laonable? Has anyone in this forum purchased Vatika plot. I am okay with late delivery as long as builder is trusted and is not going to mess up the whole project.

I am reposting my old question again with some edits....

Hello fellow members,

4) Looking for approx size 240 sq yd. Can scale down the size to 180-200 sq yd if above three criterias are met.

Thanks in advance....
    CommentQuote