Hi,

Does any one know the current status of SPR road in Gurgaon? I am not sure when it is expected to be complete and whether construction has started or not?

Also, is there any hurdles (Court Stay) that anyone is aware off?

Please share some information if you have.

- Thanks in Advance
Read more
Reply
1086 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Avinash - if you do not have interest in any post you can choose not to read it. This is a discussion not your personal blog.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • What happened to the legal disputes over SPR? Resolved now?
    This: Legal face-offs stall southern peripheral road - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by qsqt30
    Hi Avinash - if you do not have interest in any post you can choose not to read it. This is a discussion not your personal blog.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


    Do you think its should be this way- where you ignore post and choose what to read and not? The post is irrelevant to thread topic and I am sure there are threads about development and what may occur in future.
    CommentQuote
  • Good Work Jethro.

    Fortunately IREO dosent have a project on SPR. Else they would have spotted the opportunity of levying "Wild Life PLC" after reading your post.

    Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Now the interesting part - Took some time to figure that there is a roundabout way to go to the other side. What followed was dune bashing, dust, nilgai etc. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by avinasht
    Do you think its should be this way- where you ignore post and choose what to read and not? The post is irrelevant to thread topic and I am sure there are threads about development and what may occur in future.


    Your judgement of a post being relevant or not maynot be endorsed by others, we cannot open a thread for everything like current status, past status and future status of SPR - the current approach is appropriate, let moderators decide if something needs to be filtered... BTW the post that you refer as irrelevant is very much welcome here as it talks about a judgement expected next month which can have significant impact on the status of SPR (both present and future), hope you will get the point and appreciate the thinking and judgement of others here..
    CommentQuote
  • they can still take the hint and levy this plc on GA with retrospective effect. The area behind GA has lot of wildlife hares,nilgais peacocks and even fox ;)


    Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Good Work Jethro.

    Fortunately IREO dosent have a project on SPR. Else they would have spotted the opportunity of levying "Wild Life PLC" after reading your post.
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj

    The biggest problem is that Unitech has a lot of land on this stretch and has impeded the development of this area. This area has the potential of mirroring atleast Sohna Road but for Unitech.

    Things have changed but they are very slow. I am no engineer or planner but the pace and execution of work leaves a lot to be desired. If HUDA can't clear small encroachments on this stretch, then god help DEW.



    Originally Posted by MANOJa
    JethroNull, a great effort, especially the pictures of Nilgai . I went through this stretch of road about 1 - 1.5 year back & it seems not much has changed since then .
    CommentQuote
  • Good one RA.

    Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Good Work Jethro.

    Fortunately IREO dosent have a project on SPR. Else they would have spotted the opportunity of levying "Wild Life PLC" after reading your post.
    CommentQuote
  • 1 month? The way the work is going on, it will take ages.

    Honestly, HUDA is day dreaming if they think they can divert the traffic on SPR for the proposed construction on Subhash Chowk or Rajiv Chowk.

    Never pay heed to the articles in media on NPR and SPR. Reminded of the famous Deol dialogue "Tareek pe tareek".



    Originally Posted by kiranmahajan
    Everybody knows that this plight of site is only due to the stays taken by plot holders in the court and the day the stays are vacated, the work to complete SPR is not more than 1 month maximum. Ongoing drain work is also responsible for such scenes. Good thing is that Huda and Haryana Govt. are now getting very serious to complete the NPR (Dwarka Express) and SPR too (see big article on dt.7th Dec. - Saturday - Times of India - Property News section). Hope for best on 8th Jan.,2014 when Huda is pinning hope to get stay vacated and start the work in full swing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Manoj

    The biggest problem is that Unitech has a lot of land on this stretch and has impeded the development of this area. This area has the potential of mirroring atleast Sohna Road but for Unitech.

    Things have changed but they are very slow. I am no engineer or planner but the pace and execution of work leaves a lot to be desired. If HUDA can't clear small encroachments on this stretch, then god help DEW.




    I agree, there is near zero or almost negligible visible progress .

    Unitech has been undergoing problems of its own ( & they seem to be getting into a never ending loop & the current RE crisis seems to have an added negative impact here ) & that seems to reflect on this area ( as u said, Unitech is the dominant/major stake holder in this stretch ) .
    CommentQuote
  • JethroNull I have been to the same site on SPR what you have posted. I thought if I had SUV then it would be a enjoyable trip but heck we were on a Sedan. :P
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Manoj

    The biggest problem is that Unitech has a lot of land on this stretch and has impeded the development of this area. This area has the potential of mirroring atleast Sohna Road but for Unitech.

    Things have changed but they are very slow. I am no engineer or planner but the pace and execution of work leaves a lot to be desired. If HUDA can't clear small encroachments on this stretch, then god help DEW.

    The patches on this stretch of SPR can't be called encroachments as they are residences of villagers for generations and they are entitled to get proper compensation/rehabilittion. Huda or Unitech has no authority to remove the residences. Yes our judiciary is very slow and hence, the development on the area is very slow. Till there is no clear road, what any builder can do except putting large structure at its own land.
    CommentQuote
  • Ok. Sorry sir.

    Originally Posted by kiranmahajan
    The patches on this stretch of SPR can't be called encroachments as they are residences of villagers for generations and they are entitled to get proper compensation/rehabilittion. Huda or Unitech has no authority to remove the residences. Yes our judiciary is very slow and hence, the development on the area is very slow. Till there is no clear road, what any builder can do except putting large structure at its own land.
    CommentQuote
  • SPR connected to Sohna Road?

    Guys, today while passing Badshahpur - GCX signal I saw broad, black pucca charcoal road laid out connecting perpendicular to Sohna road, almost as a continuation of GCX road. It’s not the winding temp road seems like a permanent GCX continuation road or the so called SPR. I was driving a bit fast so could not stop and check it out much. Did anyone of you see this? Seems like things are moving fast on SPR. Good news!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raj0112
    Guys, today while passing Badshahpur - GCX signal I saw broad, black pucca charcoal road laid out connecting perpendicular to Sohna road, almost as a continuation of GCX road. It’s not the winding temp road seems like a permanent GCX continuation road or the so called SPR. I was driving a bit fast so could not stop and check it out much. Did anyone of you see this? Seems like things are moving fast on SPR. Good news!

    Yes, i saw the same. It has not fully connected but has already covered some distance. Seems like very soon we will see it fully functional.
    CommentQuote