Hi,

Does any one know the current status of SPR road in Gurgaon? I am not sure when it is expected to be complete and whether construction has started or not?

Also, is there any hurdles (Court Stay) that anyone is aware off?

Please share some information if you have.

- Thanks in Advance
Read more
1088 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Is Victory Valley somewhere on SPR?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    There is absolutely no chance of this overbridge happening this year or the next 3 years. even a consultant has not been appointed to make the project plan, after which it will be budgeted, then approved, then rfp floated and tender awarded and after that it will take another 3 years .

the litigation is status quo with no progress .

So for next 3-5 years, there will be no progress? What should the existing investors in SPR do ? Any suggestion other than selling their holdings and investing in GCX with your favorite builder if they can afford ?
    CommentQuote
  • Zabardast ... Someone pls call 911 :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vibhusjain
    Why you so negative about SPR just want to know

what Kinjal wrote is a fact.... a small dhani of 4-5 people filed a case and govt didn't gave any importance for almost 2 years.
    Settlement was achieved almost 9 months back on moving ambedkar statue with local villager but the drain behind it needs to be covered. NO action on it as yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by golu11
    what Kinjal wrote is a fact.... a small dhani of 4-5 people filed a case and govt didn't gave any importance for almost 2 years.
    Settlement was achieved almost 9 months back on moving ambedkar statue with local villager but the drain behind it needs to be covered. NO action on it as yet.

What I wanted to say by the term overbridge is a "pul" over the drain. I am not talking about the flyover which is proposed and may take a lot of time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart111
    What I wanted to say by the term overbridge is a "pul" over the drain. I am not talking about the flyover which is proposed and may take a lot of time.

possibly i confused the two. there is a proposal for a flyover across spr on the sohna road, by the MCG . I was not aware of the pul over the drain . thanks for bringing it to our notice.

on the court case last i checked in the Punjab haryana high court website, it is still on and the last hearing was held in month of July, 2012 & for the last 7 months, there has been no next date of hearing given.

the case was first listed in 2009 . Thanks to internet we get to now lot of details, it just needs some effort.

i really hope all the stakeholders get their act together to solve the issues and have a clear roadmap for resolution of the stays and that of the sector roads as per the masterplan 2031.
    CommentQuote
  • Heard Ambdekar statue has been demolished ..seems sector 70 is going to tuch new heights ...be ready to earn money now..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gabarsingh
    Heard Ambdekar statue has been demolished ..seems sector 70 is going to tuch new heights ...be ready to earn money now..

demolished when?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Panoma
    demolished when?

Ha!!

Gabar ji i hope the protesters don't get the wrong impression here, otherwise sarkar gir jaegi!!

Its been removed and relocated.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by horizonkns
    Ha!!

Gabar ji i hope the protesters don't get the wrong impression here, otherwise sarkar gir jaegi!!

Its been removed and relocated.

good one and i hope it is the same location, as there are more than 1 ashok vihar in gurgaon .
    CommentQuote
  • can someone please clarify where the ambedkar statue was exactly there before and where it has been moved now? Also, how is this going to benefit the SPR?
    CommentQuote
  • spr update

Originally Posted by itscool_81
    can someone please clarify where the ambedkar statue was exactly there before and where it has been moved now? Also, how is this going to benefit the SPR?

Just wanted to confirm after physically visiting the site , that a statue of ambedkar ji , which was erected at the side of sohna road, bang opposite to where the GCx meets the sohna road, has been shifted by the administration, inside a structure what is named as Ambedkar Bhavan, which is slightly inside towards the southern peripheral road.

It looked that at its present location , it was coming in the way of sohna road widening project , and hence there was a sense of urgency about the relocation.

Hopefully pace will pick up now on building the remain sections of spr , hopefully the huda admin will move with a sense of purpose.

the article which i had posted in GCx section, indeed refers to spr only .

--------------------------------------

Removal of Ambedkar statue sparks protest - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
    Just wanted to confirm after physically visiting the site , that a statue of ambedkar ji , which was erected at the side of sohna road, bang opposite to where the GCx meets the sohna road, has been shifted by the administration, inside a structure what is named as Ambedkar Bhavan, which is slightly inside towards the southern peripheral road.

It looked that at its present location , it was coming in the way of sohna road widening project , and hence there was a sense of urgency about the relocation.

Hopefully pace will pick up now on building the remain sections of spr , hopefully the huda admin will move with a sense of purpose.

the article which i had posted in GCx section, indeed refers to spr only .

--------------------------------------

Removal of Ambedkar statue sparks protest - Times Of India

KC ji,

You seem to be the most knowledged person with information about almost anything!!! :) Can you please share, for ignorants like me, what exactly is the issue with the spr and litigations that are stopping its construction?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Panoma
    KC ji,

You seem to be the most knowledged person with information about almost anything!!! :) Can you please share, for ignorants like me, what exactly is the issue with the spr and litigations that are stopping its construction?

the persons you have described in the highlighted portions fit stanger, rushil arora, amitbhalla, blessuji ; amit001 ; matrix ; venky and many more veterans of this forum.

on spr, i would request you to go through the HUDA report as under :

http://www.huda.gov.in/Development%20Works/HUDA%20Major%20Projects.pdf

this is updated as of dec 31st , 2012 and page no. 21 has given the status of southern peripheral road. As per Huda Work Is Held Up Due To
    i) 12 Nos Cases In High
    Powered Committee
    ii) 1 No. stay bearing CWP
    No. 2367/09.
    iii) Small Statue near NH-8 for
    which land is yet to be
    acquired.

you can also check and know about status of all huda projects in gurgaon and other urban districts and is a usefull document. You will find that almost all major projects suffer from court cases , however not all may make the sectors unlivable, some will do.

Hope it helps
    CommentQuote
    the persons you have described in the highlighted portions fit stanger, rushil arora, amitbhalla, blessuji ; amit001 ; matrix ; venky and many more veterans of this forum.

on spr, i would request you to go through the HUDA report as under :

http://www.huda.gov.in/Development%20Works/HUDA%20Major%20Projects.pdf

this is updated as of dec 31st , 2012 and page no. 21 has given the status of southern peripheral road. As per Huda Work Is Held Up Due To
    i) 12 Nos Cases In High
    Powered Committee
    ii) 1 No. stay bearing CWP
    No. 2367/09.
    iii) Small Statue near NH-8 for
    which land is yet to be
    acquired.

you can also check and know about status of all huda projects in gurgaon and other urban districts and is a usefull document. You will find that almost all major projects suffer from court cases , however not all may make the sectors unlivable, some will do.

Hope it helps

Thanks a ton! exactly what i was expecting from you... :)

yes, i definitely agree with you on the other folks, i do hold a few from your list in regard for their advice and opinions...but i really do mean to compliment you on the (surprising) quantum of information that you bring to the forum...most of them make me go - where the heck is that info available :D hence "knowledged" :) thanks again! appreciate it!
    CommentQuote