Hi,

Does any one know the current status of SPR road in Gurgaon? I am not sure when it is expected to be complete and whether construction has started or not?

Also, is there any hurdles (Court Stay) that anyone is aware off?

Please share some information if you have.

- Thanks in Advance
Read more
1086 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64506water pipe line
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Today got a chance to visit SPR
    Road is compeleted from vatika chowk to NH 8 except 500 mtr stretch where 2 3 house are there.
    It takes 5 - 7 minutes to reach NH8 from vatika chowk.
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64713https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64714https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64715https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64717https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64718https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=64719
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • On 28th May some positive news may come from Court. NPR's final verdict is awaited on 20th May as all matter seems settled between residents on NPR road and Huda.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kiranmahajan
    On 28th May some positive news may come from Court. NPR's final verdict is awaited on 20th May as all matter seems settled between residents on NPR road and Huda.

Thanks for updating the forum Kiranmahajan Ji.
    I would like to ask you that you had posted on the forum on 16/5/2015 that final verdict of NPR is awaited on 20/5/2015, when the court date was 18/5/2015 (today). And today after arguments on the case, Hon'ble HC has announced the next date of hearing as 20/5/2015. Seems your prediction has come true. Thanks once again

Yash
    CommentQuote
  • Oh really. But I mentioned that date which was shown in a news regarding NPR case in Times of India. I just hope best for home buyers of NPR and a positive decision on NPR would definitely support the SPR and pave a way for favourable decision for SPR home buyers and villagers as well. Just update whatever news u get. Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kiranmahajan
    Oh really. But I mentioned that date which was shown in a news regarding NPR case in Times of India. I just hope best for home buyers of NPR and a positive decision on NPR would definitely support the SPR and pave a way for favourable decision for SPR home buyers and villagers as well. Just update whatever news u get. Thanks

Definitely I will surely share the news Kiranmahajan Ji. Thanks.
    Hope 20/5/2015 will be date of amicable disposal of NPR case.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Best of luck to all.
    CommentQuote
  • Dwarka e-way clears 7-year hitch - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

GURGAON: The Dwarka Expressway project crossed a major hurdle on Wednesday after a seven-year land deadlock in New Palam Vihar was resolved and the Punjab and Haryana high court vacated a stay on the construction of a 2.5km stretch of the road in that area.

The resolution came after 350 families in New Palam Vihar, whose plots are to be acquired for the project, agreed to the compensation offered by HUDA under the government's rehabilitation and resettlement policy. According to the terms of the settlement, home and plot-owners will be entitled to alternative plots in sectors 37C or 110A. Local councillor Rishiraj Rana said for those who have built houses on their plots, the alternative plot will be of equal size to the ground covered area of the house. For the remaining portion of the plot, compensation will be given at the rate of Rs 3.44 crore per acre. Rana said oustees will also be compensated for the super built-up area of the houses but the figure wasn't clear. The figures could not be verified with HUDA.

Shailendra Jain, senior counsel for all the petitioners, said, "The settlement is very favourable to land owners as they get larger-sized plots and an opportunity to pay for the extra land in eight years over eight interest-free instalments. It also gives compensation to those who have houses there."
    CommentQuote
  • Navin Raheja, chairman of the National Real Estate Development Council, told TOI the high court order has come as a great relief to homebuyers and those who had invested on the Dwarka expressway.
    CommentQuote
  • Good news for dew investors and end users hope to hear same for SPR investors and end users
    CommentQuote
  • Let's see what's on the cards on 28th May hearing in Court. Have heard that some compromise is reached between villagers and Huda same as of NPR and we also await and anticipate same type of jujudgement. Thanks for your best wishes.
    Regards
    Kiran Mahajan
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon: After plot allotment, six months to vacate homes - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

GURGAON: All 350 New Palam Vihar families, facing eviction for alignment of the Dwarka expressway, are pleased with the settlement policy offered by HUDA. Officials, though, claimed it will take almost two months to finish demarcation and layout plans for fresh plots, before they can allot these alternate plots to the ousted.

For Basanti Negi, a 65-year-old resident of New Palam Vihar, the settlement policy — mutually agreed upon by petitioners and HUDA — has brought relief from the tension that prevailed at her home for the past eight years. "I live in a joint family with 12 members. The fear of eviction has haunted us for long. Now that we have been given six months time, and an assurance of compensation for the superstructure we'll abandon, we're relieved we won't be forced to leave without an alternate option," Negi said.

"We've been assured of a single-window clearance for clearing building plans, occupation and completion certificates, etc. The six-month stay may also be extended if there are any delays by government authorities," said another resident Kiran Kandpal.
    CommentQuote
  • Kiranmahajan,
    Two days back in HT times was news that court has vacate stay in March for SPR,is it true?
    CommentQuote
  • I have to check that and by tomorrow night I can say about this or I try to find out it on line. If HT has quoted like this, then it must be true but till date TOI has not given any such news yet. Let me check up and report here.
    CommentQuote
  • Khalsa ji, here is the news:

Hindustan Times, 23rd May.2015.

Harsh lessons should be learnt from Southern Peripheral Road project

GURGAON:
    The Punjab and Haryana high court judgment vacating stay on the construction of incomplete Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) may be good news for those waiting for their dream home in that area.
    HT FILE PHOTO The 14.3-km stretch is an incomplete road because of a small 150metre patch, which is yet to be bridged.However, what happened on Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) connecting NH-8 and with Faridabad Road is a cause of concern as this 14.3-km stretch is an incomplete road because of a small 150-metre patch which is yet to be bridged. The court stay on this was vacated about two and half months ago in March.
    Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) has failed to construct a patch and vehicular traffic has to take detour through dusty fields. The delay has resulted into traffic jams at Rajiv Chowk on Gurgaon Expressway and Subhash Chowk on Sohna Road.
    The work on the stretch had to be finished before the Commonwealth Games in 2010.
    Parvin Jain, vice-president National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) said, “Now that the disputed small patch of about 150 metres is free from litigation, Huda should swing into action and get it made as soon as possible. Thousands of commuters are suffering on daily basis and have to take detour from the dusty fields.”
    Arjun Puri, managing director of Puri Constructions said, “Now that the stay on the disputed patch on NPR is vacated after a wait of about six years, we desperately expect government agencies to start the work of completing the road as at the earliest,” he said.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that Huda has yet to allocate the land in place of that 150 meter patch and the matter might be going for final settlement. The hearing date of this area is also on 28th May, 2015 and the earlier date was 8th May, 2015, hence, it seems the settlement between both the parties i.e.Huda and the villagers may take place on 28th May before the court. Stay is vacated, is a positive news and hence, now ball is in Huda's court and they can settle matter easily by allocating land to the concerned people and get the possession of land.
    CommentQuote