Please let me know how an investment in DLF New Town Heights is going to be. I am basically interested in a 3 bedroom flat.
Many Thanks..
Read more
1418 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • After long delay, protests, 1100 buyers get flats

GURGAON: Buyers of flats in DLF New Town Heights heaved a sigh of relief on Tuesday as 1,100 of them finally got possession of their homes.

The housing project, having over 3,000 flats and spread over Sectors 86, 90 and 91, was launched way back in February 2008. Another 700 buyers will soon get possession of their flats with the builder speeding up the process.

The buyers had last year held a demonstration against the project's developer for delaying possession of flats. The delay was perhaps because the town & country planning department issued occupancy certificates to DLF only in February 2013.

Deepmala Singh, who was among the first few to get possession of flats, said: "We have moved in recently. Despite the initial hiccups, the management has now hastened the possession process".

"We are the first family to shift here. The situation here is comfortable with all the facilities. The management has even provided us a guard to take care of our family," another resident Milli Shah said.

Satinder Arya, who shifted to the new society a couple of months ago, said: "We have got possession of our flat at New Town Heights and it has really been a big relief. All the necessary facilities - power back-up, security, maintenance and transport - are in place here."

Vikram Datta, VP (marketing) of DLF, said the process to give possession of flats to around 1,800 buyers were being completed, of which 1,100 had already been given. "More families are moving in. Efforts are on to give possession to all the buyers as soon as possible.

The president of New Town Heights RWA, Nitin Grover, expressed concern about several families still not getting possession. "With the project getting delayed considerably, the remaining buyers will only get possession of flats by the year-end," he said.

After long delay, protests, 1100 buyers get flats - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • In case of NTH Will DLF manage the socities or will RWA take over??
    CommentQuote
  • Can someone please share how was the delayed possession penalty handled by DLF for NTH?

There were promises made by DLF during the tough times in 2009...extra area, double delayed possession penalty & discount on existing price...were these promises fulfilled or was it just an eyewash?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chevy00
    Can someone please share how was the delayed possession penalty handled by DLF for NTH?

There were promises made by DLF during the tough times in 2009...extra area, double delayed possession penalty & discount on existing price...were these promises fulfilled or was it just an eyewash?

They have paid all. I am having flat in sec 90 and taken possession and they cleared before possession. The only trick they did was they issued possession letter early and they paid delayed penalty till the time of issue of possession only and not till actual possession.
    CommentQuote
  • 4400-4500 psft for 3+1. would be lesser for bigger sizes and a bit higher for 2+1..
    CommentQuote
  • Are these non-plc units ?

Originally Posted by tyler_durden
    4400-4500 psft for 3+1. would be lesser for bigger sizes and a bit higher for 2+1..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mitraa
    Are these non-plc units ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i received a quote almost a month back for a non plc unit at 4500 psft..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tyler_durden
    4400-4500 psft for 3+1. would be lesser for bigger sizes and a bit higher for 2+1..

I had this offer back in April last year from my agent at these rates when I was pursuing NTH. But seeing a stagnant rate I feel lucky to have not invested in NTH.

are these prevailing rates? looks bad if so

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • one of the guys in my office closed a deal today at 4300 + plc (park facing unit) for a 3+1 in sector 90.. he was offered 4400 & after negotiation the deal happened at 4300.. all inclusive the flat will cost him 98.5 Lacs..

you are right rates have not moved a bit in NTH since last feb...u were offered this rate in april..and i got this rate in feb..
    CommentQuote
  • things COULD have been slightly better had toll been removed at Khirki Dhaula....my colleague was abt to close the deal at 4400 and seller was not budging a bit but as soon as toll decision came out and charges at KD toll were doubled things changed.. also NH8 flyover is stuck since ages...in the short term, all properties in this area are going to feel the heat...
    CommentQuote
  • if these towers are livable? meaning has any shifted to NTH? I am looking for my end use and ready to move possession?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by itmbharat
    if these towers are livable? meaning has any shifted to NTH? I am looking for my end use and ready to move possession?

when i had gone to site in Feb and inuired the security guards they told me that very few families have shifted. personally i would never shift there with my wife and kid unless the place has basic infra in place...u ll get groceries/veggies etc. but a year or two are going to involve struggle..also biggest culprit is the approach..

i suggest - go there on a weekday. take a day off and travel to the place during office hours (when u wud travel to office)..just try and get a sense of place/traffic/infra...also, go there with some of ur friends during night (i wont suggest going there alone or with wife during night time because area is secluded)

if ur parents are going to shit with u then again a BIG NO bcos there is no good hospital nearby..for kids - no school either

in sum, if you can wait to shift for 2-2.5 yrs then its a GREAT BET but if u want to move immediately then do your due diligence..

lastly, deals are happening at 4350 and all inclusive deals between 98Lacs to 1.05 CR for 3+1 bhk...(this is just FYI..and final rate depends on your negotiation skills too)

all da best
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tyler_durden
    when i had gone to site in Feb and inuired the security guards they told me that very few families have shifted. personally i would never shift there with my wife and kid unless the place has basic infra in place...u ll get groceries/veggies etc. but a year or two are going to involve struggle..also biggest culprit is the approach..

i suggest - go there on a weekday. take a day off and travel to the place during office hours (when u wud travel to office)..just try and get a sense of place/traffic/infra...also, go there with some of ur friends during night (i wont suggest going there alone or with wife during night time because area is secluded)

if ur parents are going to shit with u then again a BIG NO bcos there is no good hospital nearby..for kids - no school either

in sum, if you can wait to shift for 2-2.5 yrs then its a GREAT BET but if u want to move immediately then do your due diligence..

lastly, deals are happening at 4350 and all inclusive deals between 98Lacs to 1.05 CR for 3+1 bhk...(this is just FYI..and final rate depends on your negotiation skills too)

all da best

Thanks tyler_durden, i visited the site last Sunday. While going i took NH8 Vatika Next and while coming back to Gurgaon I took Patudi Road->Herohonda Chowk...did not find much traffic which is obvious because of Sunday...i agree during office hrs it will be big mess... I also met one of the family who has already shifted and staying there for few months.. they were very optimistic about location ... below are their response

1. Good construction and safety inside society
    2. Grocery were near by towards patudi road
    3. They were very optimistic toward location development in upcoming time..
    4. Nearest big hospitals they mentioned was in manesar(arnd 2.5 KM)

I also like the flat construction, only issue is travelling b/w central gurgaon to NTH arnd 25 KM one side.. this place will be livable after 1 year as per my understanding once all family moves in.... and price may touch 5500pqft...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by itmbharat
    Thanks tyler_durden, i visited the site last Sunday. While going i took NH8 Vatika Next and while coming back to Gurgaon I took Patudi Road->Herohonda Chowk...did not find much traffic which is obvious because of Sunday...i agree during office hrs it will be big mess... I also met one of the family who has already shifted and staying there for few months.. they were very optimistic about location ... below are their response

1. Good construction and safety inside society
    2. Grocery were near by towards patudi road
    3. They were very optimistic toward location development in upcoming time..
    4. Nearest big hospitals they mentioned was in manesar(arnd 2.5 KM)

I also like the flat construction, only issue is travelling b/w central gurgaon to NTH arnd 25 KM one side.. this place will be livable after 1 year as per my understanding once all family moves in.... and price may touch 5500pqft...

In which sector were the family you met were residing?
    CommentQuote
  • dlf again cci scanner for the DLF new town heights project

DLF again under competition watchdog's lens | Business Standard
    CommentQuote