Please let me know how an investment in DLF New Town Heights is going to be. I am basically interested in a 3 bedroom flat.
Many Thanks..
Read more
1418 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by saurabh18e
    1. heart of gurgaon is Golf Course + GCX and sectors 86-91 are in the remotest areas......28 KM from ambience mall and 20 KM from MG Road
    2. how do you compare this to DEW in 5 years....DEW has all the malls etc planned and is going to be the new heart of gurgaon, whenever it develops
    3. how do people manage shopping there e.g.
    3a. groceries/fruits/vegetables
    3b. weekly shopping and movies
    3c. adhoc things e.g. mobile repair, banking, buying sweets/crackers
    3d. sports activities like gymming, cricket etc.
    4. I heard maintenance in upcoming DEW societies are nearly zero
    5. Is there any place where I can get development plan around DLF Nth in next 5-10 years
    6. How do you compare DLF Nth with DLF Primus

I guess adhoc things e.g. mobile repairs etc. are imp. specially if you are living with a family

Can people living in DLF Nth help me with above questions
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • tony061111 months ago
      I've answered as I visit NTH on a very regular basis and I have family members living in a complex in new gurgaon (sector 85)
  • Originally Posted by saurabh18e
    1. heart of gurgaon is Golf Course + GCX and sectors 86-91 are in the remotest areas......28 KM from ambience mall and 20 KM from MG Road
    2. how do you compare this to DEW in 5 years....DEW has all the malls etc planned and is going to be the new heart of gurgaon, whenever it develops
    3. how do people manage shopping there e.g.
    3a. groceries/fruits/vegetables
    3b. weekly shopping and movies
    3c. adhoc things e.g. mobile repair, banking, buying sweets/crackers
    3d. sports activities like gymming, cricket etc.
    4. I heard maintenance in upcoming DEW societies are nearly zero
    5. Is there any place where I can get development plan around DLF Nth in next 5-10 years
    6. How do you compare DLF Nth with DLF Primus

I guess adhoc things e.g. mobile repairs etc. are imp. specially if you are living with a family

1. New Gurgaon is planned to be self sufficient.... People will not need to go to an ambiance mall or MG road.... Imagine you asking people that moved from South Ex / Janakpuri to Gurgaon in 2001 - "how can you move to Gurgaon...do you know is 30 kms from CP"

2. Do you know how many years it took gurgaon to have malls , hospitals, other social infra ? 5 years is a short period of time in the age of a city.... People were saying the same things 4-5 years back.... Go back on this thread...there were many ppl in 2012 who were saying New Gurgaon/DEW will become liveable in 3-4 years... Compare that with now.... only brokers / builders talk like those numbers

3b. there are a few stores...like needs...some local shops in nearby villages... its a long way to go

3c. have to go to main gurgaon. Lots of small villages / traditional townships like hyattpur/manesar..some banks are there in new gurgaon

3d... Normally socieities are self sufficient for sports. NTH has pools, tennis, squash, gyms, basketball etc

4. I am not aware of any one complex like that.... how do you think the complex will manage common area electrcity, lifts, maintenance etc... money has to come from somewhere.... In some complexes they have taken maintenance for 1 or 2 or 3 years in advance during possession.... maybe you are referring to that.... Nothing comes free ....

5. Not aware... You can see the garden city plan on DLF website.... no gaurantees on timelines though

6. Primus is far better placed and premium specifications... no doubt about that
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Vibeswalia10 months ago
      Brokers are quoting 85 lacs + registration for 3 bhk in all three dlf 86,90,91 Is it a fair price? Which among the three is better?
  • What are current prices in 91 vs 90 for:
    1. 4BHK, 2727 sqft
    2. 4BHK, 2360 sqft
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • saby.bigdata11 months ago
      thats the problem...how to find the exact price?
      property dealers will give you wrong price mostly.
  • It's a dead place and literally feels ghostly at night.

1. DLF did big time frauds in this project and was fined 650 Crore penalty....and from that point on, this project has been neglected
    2. DLF stocks are going down and the company is selling major chunks of it's business
    3. At night, the area around society is ghostly
    4. In each tower, there are around 100 flats, around 10-12 are occupied....so building itself is ghostly if you look from outside
    5. Rate of DLF Nth is decreasing by the hour
    6. No major construction planned for next few years
    7. Water sepage problem is starting
    8. High maintenance 5k-8k
    9. Isolated area: no malls/shops around....so you have to travel 8-10 KM to buy anything
    10. Buildings don't have fire exits....i.e. no stairs
    11. Lobby size is extremely small
    12. It feels suffocated when in lobby or lift
    13. View is good only for from few apartments
    14. It's total jungle around the society at night
    15. Rent is as low as 10k Rs per month for 4BHK, while maintenance is 8k per month on top of rent

Only upside for me is cheap price.
    CommentQuote
  • DLF properties are just DLF properties.... You can check for them in whole gurgaon. The time you enter and the time you exit. There is no point discussing about the high standards of corporate governance the builder has been following and the construction quality. The only - factor is it is a bit far from Gurgaon downtown, but that gives you the price advantage... But the property is surely worth more words.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saby.bigdata
    It's a dead place and literally feels ghostly at night.

1. DLF did big time frauds in this project and was fined 650 Crore penalty....and from that point on, this project has been neglected
    2. DLF stocks are going down and the company is selling major chunks of it's business
    3. At night, the area around society is ghostly
    4. In each tower, there are around 100 flats, around 10-12 are occupied....so building itself is ghostly if you look from outside
    5. Rate of DLF Nth is decreasing by the hour
    6. No major construction planned for next few years
    7. Water sepage problem is starting
    8. High maintenance 5k-8k
    9. Isolated area: no malls/shops around....so you have to travel 8-10 KM to buy anything
    11. Lobby size is extremely small
    12. It feels suffocated when in lobby or lift
    13. View is good only for from few apartments
    14. It's total jungle around the society at night
    15. Rent is as low as 10k Rs per month for 4BHK, while maintenance is 8k per month on top of rent

Only upside for me is cheap price.

most of the apartments that different dealers showed me are rotting with bad smell....no one actually ever lived in most of these apartments since last 3 years
    sector 90 has additional problem of revenue rasta

to add to the problem, dealers are quoting prices 10-15 lakhs above the market price, no end users are there to sell as most of the apartments are there with investors only
    If anyone plans to buy here, make sure that your money will be stuck for next 5-7 years as you probably won't be able to sell it...the property is already 4 years old
    CommentQuote
  • Guys what is the gentry mix in nth - I heard mostly people from south india residing there?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Guys what is the gentry mix in nth - I heard mostly people from south india residing there?

I personally know a couple of families there (Punjabis/Himachali). They don't feel there are mainly South Indians there.

Anyway considering the size of the society, its hard to generalize anyway. I am not biased towards or against any region.
    CommentQuote
  • what a racist comment...BTW, from where did u get the south indian thing info....
    it's completely wrong...most of the people are from Haryana
    having said that, there are hardly any families living there....occupancy is around 30%(40% in few buildings)
    and even the owners are trying to sell...but there are no buyers :(
    CommentQuote
  • Insults/Flaming
    IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.
    CommentQuote
    what a racist comment...BTW, from where did u get the south indian thing info....
    it's completely wrong...most of the people are from Haryana
    having said that, there are hardly any families living there....occupancy is around 30%(40% in few buildings)
    and even the owners are trying to sell...but there are no buyers :(

What is racist about it ? I simply asked about the gentry mix - it might be your thinking not mine
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • saby.bigdata10 months ago
      Forget it Rohit, small thing....take it lightly :)
  • Is there whatsapp group for the owners?
    CommentQuote
    It's a dead place and literally feels ghostly at night.

What ??? Are you sure ? This sounds incredible (and impossible?) to me. I am sure this is covered in some fire safety norms.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • saby.bigdata10 months ago
      Yes, apology for this....it does have stairs but they are gated so remains a bit hidden.
  • any idea on resale price for 3bhk?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • saby.bigdata9 months ago
      depends on the sector:

sector 91 - 4200 per square feet
      sector 90 and 86 - 4000 per square feet

Also depends on
      1. the view from the apartment: better view will cost more by 5 lakhs
      2. floor number: higher floor cost less by 5 lakhs
      3. tower number: some towers like M and N in sector 90 will cost less by 10 lakhs due to revenue road problem
      4. furnishing: semi furnished flats will cost 2-5 lakhs more

• Above are the planned projects near DLF New town heights, Sector-91
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote