Guys, its a fact that dlf plots in sec91 and 92 have sold like hot cakes. Most posts on this forum rated the price of 40k + crazy. However, all investors who bought this cannot be dumb as there is significant sums of money which seems to have gone into these transactions.

Is there something which we are not able to see now ? Do investors really see a price of 1 lakh on these plots 4-5 years down the line ?

Can someone throw light on whats going on ?
Read more
304 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Atleast the people i know of dont believe in vastu and all so much ,,,may its the in thing now days
    CommentQuote
  • It can be really tough to find a buyer for South facing or Sher-muh plots at least in NCR mkt... specially in case of a sluggish mkt..

BTW: I like your tag line but would not like to be in a situation "Every Thing is fun until it happens to you" :D

Originally Posted by adit0083
    I did not understand if PLC are sold at higher rate the non plc will also be saleable as part of the same project, is anything wrong with the other facing plots as you just mentioned
    CommentQuote
  • Magadh - Did you shortlist anything

my take -

DLF 91 plots a good entry point in CLP plots as there are limited options. I am not too excited about the returns which can be generated by this project

Vatika looks a good bet at 45-47 K. Does nay body has details on down payment required for these plots?

Huda Plots or DLF plots or rosewood plots could be a good option. But identifying could take time and tough for people like me who are not on the ground..

Also does it makes sense to wait for few months before making an investment which will take serious upfront money?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Magadh - Did you shortlist anything

my take -

DLF 91 plots a good entry point in CLP plots as there are limited options. I am not too excited about the returns which can be generated by this project

Vatika looks a good bet at 45-47 K. Does nay body has details on down payment required for these plots?QUOTE]

For Vatika plots, 50-60% payments are gone. You need more cash for plots which were booked in 2009 and early 2010. Thease plots were booked at 22k-35 k PSY. You need less cash for plots which were booked in 2011. Try to make deals for these plots.Magadh - Did you shortlist anything

my take -

Vatika looks a good bet at 45-47 K. Does nay body has details on down payment required for these plots?QUOTE]

For Vatika plots, 50-60% payments are gone. You need more cash for plots which were booked in 2009 and early 2010. Thease plots were booked at 22k-35 k PSY. You need less cash for plots which were booked in 2011. Try to make deals for these plots.
    CommentQuote
  • Agstya - Could you tell me the total upfront payment required for plots booked in 2010/2011
    for a 240 sq yard.. Total amount Payments to company and premium required..

What price were these plots sold in 2011/11

thanks,
    CommentQuote
    Agstya - Could you tell me the total upfront payment required for plots booked in 2010/2011
    for a 240 sq yard.. Total amount Payments to company and premium required..

What price were these plots sold in 2011/11

thanks,

In lates 2010 and 2011 plots were sold between 35k-47K PSY. As I said 50-60% payment are gone to builder. So better try to find resale in latest booking I mean booking which were done in middle of 2011. Your cash payment will be less compare to booking 2009 and early 2010.
    CommentQuote
  • Agstya resale for those plots are near 48-49 K

Assuming they were sold at 40 K..

60% white will be = 240*45 (EDC/IDC etc)*60% = 64 lakhs gone to to the builder and lets say 8*240 premium = 19 lakhs, total outflow = 83 lakhs

I am assuming in any case minimum 70-80 lakh would be the initial cash flow for 240 sq yard..
    CommentQuote
  • Yes you are right. I think this is min. what you have calculated.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Manoja with his initial post on price correction (though neither he or I am 100% sure on price correction but just an expectation)

I have been observing the real estate industry for the past few months, discussed a lot on the real estate price trends with many brokers, real estate company officials and real estate investors/buyers.

Prices in Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai have already corrected. All other major real estate market (Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune) are also on the same track and will see a price correction in 2012. Bangalore & Pune real estate market was riding on IT/other professional and majorly an end user play. Uncertainty in jobs, higher prices, and interest rates are refraining them to commit future cash outflows.

Delhi/NCR and Mumbai real estate market is a game of investors and end users. End users are mainly in jobs, and again for the uncertainty in jobs, higher prices, and interest rates are refraining them to commit future cash outflows. Investors know this very well and want to exit from their investments asap in 2012 even at a lower price than what was prevailing in 2011.

Mr. Madhur, brokers would never say there is slowdown when you visit them to buy and always agree on slowdown when you want to sell. I have been in touch with many brokers to buy few properties (for e.g. Crescent Parc, Anantraj Maceo, Paras Tierea etc.) and get to know a sentence "file humne utha rakhi hai" i.e. no meeting of buyer and seller. This process creates a difference between the prices that an actual seller wants to sell and the prices that a broker wants to sell.

You have decent amount to invest in properties, the current prices are weak. Do your own research and put a little bit effort to get a decent price.
    CommentQuote
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick

Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, honesty, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation and naïveté. The common factor is that the victim (mark) relies on the good faith of the con artist.
    Just as there is no typical profile for swindlers, neither is there one for their victims. Virtually anyone can fall prey to fraudulent crimes. ... Certainly victims of high-yield investment frauds may possess a level of greed which exceeds their caution as well as a willingness to believe what they want to believe. However, not all fraud victims are greedy, risk-taking, self-deceptive individuals looking to make a quick dollar. Nor are all fraud victims naïve, uneducated or elderly.
    A greedy or dishonest mark may attempt to out-cheat the con artist, only to discover that he or she has been manipulated into losing from the very beginning.
    Shills, also known as accomplices, help manipulate the mark into accepting the con man's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past
    Shills, also known as accomplices, help manipulate the mark into accepting the con man's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past
    CommentQuote

my take -

Vatika looks a good bet at 45-47 K. Does nay body has details on down payment required for these plots?
    Vatika has launched in sector 82 gated community plots with pwer back up. The company price is 62 K BSP
    Huda Plots or DLF plots or rosewood plots could be a good option. But identifying could take time and tough for people like me who are not on the ground..

You are right on this . Only resale and lot of hassles with the middle man.

Also does it makes sense to wait for few months before making an investment which will take serious upfront money?

DLF sector 73 and Vatika sector 82 are directly from the company.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Confidence trick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, honesty, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation and naïveté. The common factor is that the victim (mark) relies on the good faith of the con artist.
    Just as there is no typical profile for swindlers, neither is there one for their victims. Virtually anyone can fall prey to fraudulent crimes. ... Certainly victims of high-yield investment frauds may possess a level of greed which exceeds their caution as well as a willingness to believe what they want to believe. However, not all fraud victims are greedy, risk-taking, self-deceptive individuals looking to make a quick dollar. Nor are all fraud victims naïve, uneducated or elderly.
    A greedy or dishonest mark may attempt to out-cheat the con artist, only to discover that he or she has been manipulated into losing from the very beginning.

hi
    greetings

good share mate!! lol

In the RE game in question who is the conman, the shill, the mark..please elucidate for the benefit of the common man.

My favourite similii is "Natwarlal" Natwarlal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. An independent survey conducted amongst IREF members, about Crooks in RE with genuine complaints in sheet "HOMES FROM HELL" about graphical Recipes of these conman in the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCW4pub6d78dGxWN2VRZGdva1hmaC1UVklMRE5hVEE&pli=1#gid=1

Current Holder of the trophy is "Kabool Chalawa" of the Blood Pressure Through Property fame:bab (59):

Cheers fame:bab (59):

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Amit, DLF-91 are the only plots which my cashflow allows... But I am not too comfortable with blocking 1.6 cr with suspect ROI in a 3 yr horizon..

Vatika, I have got mixed reviews from both this forum and also the brokers... based on their developmental track record ... In any case I dont have 80lacs to pay upfront for Vatika..

So, basically back to square one

Originally Posted by amit001

my take -

CommentQuote
  • Just spoke to few brokers..

New DLF project in sector 81 to come at 6500.
    CommentQuote
  • hey amit
    I have the same information but the sector told to me is 82 A , this is by a DLF official .
    can someone confirm the correct sector
    thanks
    CommentQuote