Hi

According to a broker I talked to today, stilt parking a la Delhi is going to mandatory very soon in residential plotted developments.

Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

Also, what impact do you see in case this is true ?

Best regards

A
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by aj_del
    Hi

According to a broker I talked to today, stilt parking a la Delhi is going to mandatory very soon in residential plotted developments.

Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

Also, what impact do you see in case this is true ?

Best regards

A

petition is pending in HUDA regarding allowing of stilt parking and increasing FAR (increasing the allowed area of built up) .This is a fact. when and if this petition would be cleared is anybodies guess .
    but buzz is it ll be done sooner than later !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ISHANb
    petition is pending in HUDA regarding allowing of stilt parking and increasing FAR (increasing the allowed area of built up) .This is a fact. when and if this petition would be cleared is anybodies guess .
    but buzz is it ll be done sooner than later !

there will be another 20% jump in plot prices in the whole of gurgaon , if that happens
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your replies.

I was talking to the broker regarding disposal of my plots in Sushant Lok - I and he advised me to wait saying that the proposal is in final stages and it would be worthwhile to wait for its approval from Chandigarh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    there will be another 20% jump in plot prices in the whole of gurgaon , if that happens

that is underestimating bhalla ji , i guess increase in FAR proposed is 40 % , if that happens plot rates would jump by 40 % flat , and if stilt is allowed it ll increase the demand for builder flats increasing potentia of returns for local builders .

I dont think stilt would be allowed due to big builder lobby of dlf and others , woh apna maal kaise bechenge , but an increase in FAR would be a welcome move !
    CommentQuote
  • It would be great if this happens and plots prices everywhere in Haryana, be it GGN, Fbd or Sonepat will go up. It would be basically for the colonies where floor registry is allowed and I am not sure what would happen where it isn't?
    CommentQuote
  • Just noticed that Ishanb had mentioned this possibility 3 weeks back

Well i am of a completely different view here , correction in gurgaon is still very far away ... although there might be dead resale for some projects and some locations which is always there (exceptions are always there) . There should be a decent growth rate for apartments !!

And as someone said and i completely agree, RE market is always slow during may-july and december-jan and march (because of fiscal year ending) and relly gets heated up in septemebr- november .

Ready to move in is/always has been a safer bet ...
    i have heard that there is a huge chance of permissible FAR getting increased for builder floors by 30 % , if this happens , expect gurgaon plots to increase by at least 20-30 % minimum , the increase can even be 50 % ......

So just watch out for that .. plot holders hold on to your plots in gurgaon for at least an year , year and a half more !!!

Plots are still the best options in gurgaon , there is a lot of upside still i feel when compared to apartments . there are many cards yet to be opened in the gurgaon plot market like increase in FAR , allowing of stilt parking , allowing third floor to be built which definitely will happen but when is the big question , just remember when the builder floor registries were opened in gurgaon , plot market took a jump of 40-60 % instantly and around 100 % in 1 yrs time !!
    CommentQuote
  • Increase in FAR will give the huge advantage to plot owners as well as the 2nd floor owners where construction is already done because they would be the only to construct a 3rd floor (as long as they have the terrace rights).
    CommentQuote
  • yes aj_del ji i had mentioned this some time back , but this all is only speculation till the time it comes into effect .

and dvjain ji , the petition is for increasing FAR and Stilt , and not allowing third floor , abhi toh filhal third floor allow nahi hone wala hai , usko toh i guess kaafi time lagega aane mei , agar aataa hai toh !!
    CommentQuote
  • ishan, will these rules apply to colonies being developed by vatika and dlf ?

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    yes aj_del ji i had mentioned this some time back , but this all is only speculation till the time it comes into effect .

and dvjain ji , the petition is for increasing FAR and Stilt , and not allowing third floor , abhi toh filhal third floor allow nahi hone wala hai , usko toh i guess kaafi time lagega aane mei , agar aataa hai toh !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vshinde98
    ishan, will these rules apply to colonies being developed by vatika and dlf ?

yes yes of course , it ll be rule by huda for gurgaon , so all plotted developments would have these rules as all pvt colonies are in sectors of huda only !!!!
    CommentQuote
  • If that is the case then I guess only new unused plots will gain maximum appreciation. Houses that are already constructed can't make use of this increase in FAR.

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    yes aj_del ji i had mentioned this some time back , but this all is only speculation till the time it comes into effect .

CommentQuote
  • Any body having any update on this topic ??
    CommentQuote
  • I am keen to get the update too. since i hold a plot of size 400 yds in sec 99
    CommentQuote
  • Stilt parking mandatory in Gurgaon plots ?

Hi,
    The notification seems to be in effect from 30th January.
    What remains to be clarified is whether this approves stilt parking or a3rd floor for residential houses in Haryana.
    Would appreciate feedback from others on this forum.I am looking to construct my house in Nirvana Country 1 Gurgaon on a 360 sq.yard plot & want to construct a stilt parking alongwith Ground & 2 floors on it.

Thanks.

HARYANA GOVERNMENT
    TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
    Notification
    The 30th January, 2013
    No. Misc-382-E/JD(BS)/2013/ 29800.-In exercise of the powers conferred by
    sub-section (1) read with sub-section (2) of section 25 of the Punjab Scheduled Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development Act, 1963 (Punjab Act 41 of 1963), and with reference to Haryana Government, Town and Country Planning Department, Notification no. Misc-382-E/JD(BS)/2012/22971 dated the 16th November, 2012, the Governor of Haryana makes the following rules further to amend herby makes the following rules to amend Punjab Scheduled Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development Act, 1963 (Punjab Act 41 of 1963) namely:-
    1. These rules may be called the Punjab Scheduled Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development (Haryana Amendment) Rules, 2013.
    2. In the Punjab Scheduled Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development Rules 1965 (hereinafter called the said rules), in rule 49, in the Schedule, under column 3, against item (a), (b), (c) and (d), for the figure and words “12 Meters”, the figure and words “14.5 Meters” shall be substituted.
    3. In the said rules, in Form BR-IV(A), Form BR-IV(B), Form BR-V(1), Form BR-V(2), Form BR-V(A1), Form BR-V(A2), for the figure and words “3 storeys or less than 11 Meters”, the figure and words “14.5 meters” respectively shall be substituted.
    Sd/-
    S.S. DHILLON,
    Principal Secretary to Government, Haryana, Town and Country Planning Department
    CommentQuote
  • Sounds great ..if true ! Wow ..one more floor , but right now 2.5 floors were allowed 55% FAR ! I mean now people can make 3.5 floors ??
    CommentQuote