Hi

According to a broker I talked to today, stilt parking a la Delhi is going to mandatory very soon in residential plotted developments.

Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

Also, what impact do you see in case this is true ?

Best regards

A
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi
    Greetings

There you go once again.. scheme to provide permission for stilt parking even in 6 marla plots!!!

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure if any new house construction is happening with Stilt Parking.

Until & unless FAR is increased or 4 floor construction is allowed , going for Stilt Parking structure can be a costlier of an affair.
    CommentQuote
  • Has HUDA started to approve building plans according to stilt?

What I have heard is that there are some procedural delays and HUDA has not yet implemented the rule .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoluBuilder
    I am not sure if any new house construction is happening with Stilt Parking.

Until & unless FAR is increased or 4 floor construction is allowed , going for Stilt Parking structure can be a costlier of an affair.

First of all, I want to thank Golubuilder, ABC111 and Chhatri who cared to respond to my PM and as a result, I was able to buy an 8M plot in Sector-57.
    I want to start constructing soon and am in a dilemma whether I should go for Basement, ground, first second or ground, first, second on stilt.
    My plot is two side open so I was of the opinion that there would be ample parking space even without stilt but one has to plan for future.
    I want to rent it out once I construct 2.5 floors.
    Would appreciate comments and suggestions.
    thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rickysh
    First of all, I want to thank Golubuilder, ABC111 and Chhatri who cared to respond to my PM and as a result, I was able to buy an 8M plot in Sector-57.
    I want to start constructing soon and am in a dilemma whether I should go for Basement, ground, first second or ground, first, second on stilt.
    My plot is two side open so I was of the opinion that there would be ample parking space even without stilt but one has to plan for future.
    I want to rent it out once I construct 2.5 floors.
    Would appreciate comments and suggestions.
    thanks in advance.

Its always a huge added advantage with 2 side open Plot.

I personally feel that you should not worry about stilt parking in your case.
    8M Plot with 2 side opening can easily accommodate 6 cars , So you may look for Basement + Ground floor as duplex & can further construct first & 2nd floor.

Rest all depends upon your preferences .

Even I am planning to construct some floors in cpl of months So might need your advice at that time :)
    CommentQuote
  • Sector-57 is a HUDA Sector.. I dont think Stilt parking is approved for HUDA sectors.
    Looks like its only for Private sectors like DLF, Sushant, RD City..
    Please update in case u have any confirmation on it..

Have you confirmed from your architect or HUDA officials about Stilt for your plot.

-Vishal
    CommentQuote
  • Stilt parking is very much applicable to HUDA plots...& its confirmed
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rakesh311
    Stilt parking is very much applicable to HUDA plots...& its confirmed

Do you know someone who is building new house with stilt on a HUDA plot?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, many in pipeline...cannot say if people already started construction like this today,since the policy is new.I keep speaking to brokers/contractors in various HUDA sectors..many plot owners are planning to put stilts...& going by the innovative nature of Indians, don't be surprised if stilt space is sold out/rented out at hefty prices(of course..not legally!) to nearby commercial est too..as I have seen in many upmarket/congested areas of Hyderabad....
    CommentQuote
  • Stilt PArking is not yet approved for HUDA sectors. Its only for Licenced colonies as per order from DTCP
    CommentQuote
  • But thats at the moment. It would get applied to HUDA sectors sooner rather than latter
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Greetings

Thanks for the info.

Kindly confirm Permissible
    - new height 14 mtrs
    - Basement 100% coverage (subject to approval),
    - Stilt 60%, Height 2mtrs
    - First Floor? % min Height?
    - Second Floor?% Min Height?
    - Third Floor? % Min Height?

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • 1)New height = 14.5 Mtr
    2) Basement coverage = Under consideration. Question on how to provide for shaft areas is still under Dept review.
    3) Stilt Height = 8 feet
    4) With 14.5meters less 8 feet for stilt there is more than 10 feet clear area for each floor height which is very good. For instance, in Delhi, with 15metres building height you can build 4 floors.

Open Questions -
    a) How to provide for natural light in basement? In existing building plans (without stilt), you need to have a minimum of 3 - 4 feet basement height from road level.With stilt, this height is not practically prossible! So i guess it would come down to say 1.5feet. But no answer yet.
    b) Will the staircase area on stilt be counted as part of FAR? In Delhi thats not the case. This is a rediculous question from Dept. as per my opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatin_ncr
    1)New height = 14.5 Mtr
    2) Basement coverage = Under consideration. Question on how to provide for shaft areas is still under Dept review.
    3) Stilt Height = 8 feet
    4) With 14.5meters less 8 feet for stilt there is more than 10 feet clear area for each floor height which is very good. For instance, in Delhi, with 15metres building height you can build 4 floors.

Open Questions -
    a) How to provide for natural light in basement? In existing building plans (without stilt), you need to have a minimum of 3 - 4 feet basement height from road level.With stilt, this height is not practically prossible! So i guess it would come down to say 1.5feet. But no answer yet.
    b) Will the staircase area on stilt be counted as part of FAR? In Delhi thats not the case. This is a rediculous question from Dept. as per my opinion.

Hi
    Greetings

Thanks for revert.

I guess if you can help file an RTI, it would help. List of questions

- Coverage for Basement
    - similarly coverage for stilt, First (or ground), second and third floor
    - Is the area under stairs/lifts considered in FAR
    - Far permitted for various sizes of plots floor wise and total.
    - Compounding charges and maximum permissible limits with compounding
    - Height of basement from ground
    - is self certification allowed

Add any further questions and let us file a RTI.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Any clarification about Basement and Stilt parking on HUDA plots?
    CommentQuote