Will it make sense to sell 173 sq. yds plot in 'B' block Palam Vihar Gurgaon and buy 250 sq. yds on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. Road in Ansal's project, Rosewood city etc.

Location of my Palam Vihar plot is reasonably good (though its not a corner or park facing plot, but still the block is very good, very near to Palam Vyapar Kendra and almost fully inhabited). I am being quoted 75,000 per sq. yd.

Broker is suggesting Ansal's 250 sq. yds. plot on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. road Rs. 55,000. (Ansal's Esencia floor's location is the same).

I would like to swipe the plots without adding more amount while buying.

Advise of learned members is solicited in terms of :

- Prudence of taking this action (Will a plot size of 180 Sq. yds and above on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. Road fetch greater returns in times to come?).

- The fact that floor registry is allowed only on 180 sq. yds and above plots which will have greater demand in future should also be considered

- With metro connectivity, expressway, etc. can we expect considerable increase in the value of plots in Palam Vihar vis-a-vis plots around Sohna/Golf Course Ext. Road (in which case I will hold on to Palam Vihar plot)?

- If such an action is advisable, then most suitable and promising plot options and their current rates.

I will proceed as per views of experts.
Thanks
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dineshmea
    Will it make sense to sell 173 sq. yds plot in 'B' block Palam Vihar Gurgaon and buy 250 sq. yds on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. Road in Ansal's project, Rosewood city etc.

Location of my Palam Vihar plot is reasonably good (though its not a corner or park facing plot, but still the block is very good, very near to Palam Vyapar Kendra and almost fully inhabited). I am being quoted 75,000 per sq. yd.

Broker is suggesting Ansal's 250 sq. yds. plot on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. road Rs. 55,000. (Ansal's Esencia floor's location is the same).

I would like to swipe the plots without adding more amount while buying.

Advise of learned members is solicited in terms of :

- Prudence of taking this action (Will a plot size of 180 Sq. yds and above on Sohna Road/Golf Course Ext. Road fetch greater returns in times to come?).

- The fact that floor registry is allowed only on 180 sq. yds and above plots which will have greater demand in future should also be considered

- With metro connectivity, expressway, etc. can we expect considerable increase in the value of plots in Palam Vihar vis-a-vis plots around Sohna/Golf Course Ext. Road (in which case I will hold on to Palam Vihar plot)?

- If such an action is advisable, then most suitable and promising plot options and their current rates.

I will proceed as per views of experts.
    Thanks

never evere do this mistake :)
    CommentQuote
  • What price r u getting for the Palam Vihar plot ( ignore this, if u do not wish to answer, just curious to know ) ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Manoj,

He mentioned 75K for Palam. Must be a good location within Palam Vihar as it seems to be good price.
    CommentQuote
  • As local brokers know that I own a plot in Palam Vihar, I got a call from another broker offering 80K. Location is not that excellent (not on main road, not park facing or corner plot, but in a good block).

Expressway is the old news. Is it metro factor that is driving local brokers in Palam Vihar hyper?

I am also a bit reluctant to swipe the plots as I don't have sufficient time to look out for alternative options. Then, expenditure on brokerage, stamp charges etc. is also discouraging me.
    CommentQuote
  • Metro Route

Airport Metro Extension to Gurgaon - Going by the recent news articles, Metro route allignment news is imminent, within the coming month. There is a high probability that Palam Vihar will have a station in this new metro route. So I am assuming the market is picking up for plots in Palam Vihar.

In my opinion.....rates in Palam Vihar will see very good appreciation in the near term once the news is finally announced and also in the coming 3 years once Metro is operational. Thats what happened in Delhi and other places.....wherever Metro has reached. I am expecting a 50-100% gains over the next 3 years ( may seem unrealistic at this point in time). Also D-way and Rapid Raid Transit System will help the whole area as well in addition to Metro.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.
    CommentQuote
  • I would also say the same - just hold on to it.
    CommentQuote
  • I agee with lovehate and others. Don't sell the pot of gold to buy ton of silver.

You just saw the pricing of Sobha villa around 1,40,000 per sq. yds. And also nearby Indiabulls' Enigma having similar price. Palam Vihar & Dwarka Eway are the fastest growing areas today. Rates would more than double in next three years.
    CommentQuote
  • Going by last two years record silver has given good returns than gold :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harpreetsg_delhi
    Going by last two years record silver has given good returns than gold :)

But SIlver has beeen the most volatile of the two as well , AGain it boils down to HIGH RISK HIGH GAIN

those who want peace of mind should hold onto PV
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I am looking to buy builder floor in Palam vihar (270 yd) , and current built up area is in excess of the FAR (~200 sq feet) allowed even with the penalty --- basis the current regulation.

Though, they have got the CC and OC and one family residing on one floor; what's your view on

how much safe is it to buy the property and
      can HUDA or MCG or any other authority come for bribe later
      or give notice or threat to demolish illegal construction

would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,

PS: Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RADdel
    Hi All,

I am looking to buy builder floor in Palam vihar (270 yd) , and current built up area is in excess of the FAR (~200 sq feet) allowed even with the penalty --- basis the current regulation.

Though, they have got the CC and OC and one family residing on one floor; what's your view on

how much safe is it to buy the property and
      can HUDA or MCG or any other authority come for bribe later
      or give notice or threat to demolish illegal construction

would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,

PS: Every builder floor has this issue so is it worth buying or not --- looking for self use.

Hi
      Greetings

On a lighter note:

Response to questions as follows
      How much safe??
      -110% safe.. all unauthorised and illegal construction get special protection from HUDA/DTCP employees and even from local politicians. There is always a possibility that FAR will be increased to protect illegal construction by builder lobby through change in the Act.

Can HUDA/MCG/DTCP employees come for bribe??
      -Oh yes they are the ones who will provide the protection. All HUDA/DTCP posts hold a commercial value and all posts come with political protection. Those officers not following the unwritten code get transferred.. twice in a year on punishment postings.

Give threat to destroy construction??
      -Follow q2 above and if still face a problem contact a lawyer to get stay.

More than 200 unauthorised construction on agricultural land and on un recognised Power or Attorney, en route dway are pending demolition since 2008. Campa Cola case took 25 yrs + and still not demolished.. Not sure about status of HC order for demolition of illegal structures in Ardee City.

For all practical purposes, unauthorised constructions from above examples appear to be more secure, safe and have more rights than authorised construction being sold by LICENSED developers.

On a serious note:
      It would never be advisable to go for an illegal structure, even if available at a bargain. Or feel safe if others are doing something illegally. Actual structure will not be same as mentioned on OC/CC. Extensions are always done post OC/CC

Cheers
      It would never be advisable to go for an illegal structure, even if available at a bargain. Or feel safe if others are doing something illegally. Actual structure will not be same as mentioned on OC/CC. Extensions are always done post OC/CC

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers
    CommentQuote