Has anybody an idea whether necessary approvals for this project are in place?
Universal has still not given buyer seller agreement. They say the necessary approvals are not in place as yet. If that is so nobody will be able to take a loan for the installment they have demanded.
Pl share if you are facing same dilemma...
Read more
1324 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Gurgaon007
    My tower is J

Thanks . When do they want the extra money.
    CommentQuote
  • This is more than 10% which is against the BBA terms and conditions
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumar77
    This is more than 10% which is against the BBA terms and conditions

+-15% mentioned in BBA..Pls check if I m wrong

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

Got additional demand from the bulder for increasing the super area of the flats to 1331.54 sqft. Please help me to clear some doubts.

1. This is an increase in the Super area, does that mean the carpet area will also increase, means bigger room sizes?

2.Will we be having any advantage of this increased area, or is it another trick of the builder to receive more funds from the customers.

3.Is it a standard practice from the builder's end or any gimmick to exploit the customers.

Thanks,
    Abhishek
    CommentQuote
  • As the building is already under construction , i highly doubt if we are going to get any additional carpet area. Its just another way of looting our hard earned money.
    It was recently done in by Vatika in emilia floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manmohits
    As the building is already under construction , i highly doubt if we are going to get any additional carpet area. Its just another way of looting our hard earned money.
    It was recently done in by Vatika in emilia floors.

This is absolutely ridiculous......how come they suddenly realised that the unit sizes are bigger after reaching halfway through the construction. Also they have not shown the minimum courtesy to explain how the size increased in their demand note. This is highly suspicious.

Also, could anyone inform when this amount should be paid. As per my understanding, after reading the BBA, any changes in the size should be adjusted during the final measurement, which I guess should be at the time of registration.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Suman78
    This is absolutely ridiculous......how come they suddenly realised that the unit sizes are bigger after reaching halfway through the construction. Also they have not shown the minimum courtesy to explain how the size increased in their demand note. This is highly suspicious.

Also, could anyone inform when this amount should be paid. As per my understanding, after reading the BBA, any changes in the size should be adjusted during the final measurement, which I guess should be at the time of registration.

Has anyone come across a 1331.54 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment in India ever :bab (38):? Seems like these builders :bab (59): could even sell push-carts (thela) at the price of shops in some high end mall.

Jago India jago....:bab (3):
    CommentQuote
  • Annoyed

I too have got the demand letter for the payment of the increased area (mine is in Tower H).

huh....

This is ridiculous...really annoyed....Guys please suggest on this.
    CommentQuote

Ask for building plan approvals and revised increased layouts before making payments. You have the right to refuse paying the demand unless revised layouts are sent to you.
    Builders are very clever these days and may have put this clause in BBA that actual apartment sizes will be subject to approval. In some cases they even put escalation clauses making these agreements completely one-sided.
    Unfortunately, if you have agreed upon these clauses in BBA by signing it, there is nothing as an individual you can do now. One option you have is though to accumulate others who are facing similar issue and together if you all visit their office and put pressure on builder, at best they will give you some discounts like maybe paying 5% extra and let builder foot the other 5% increase. But this would require a lot of people to come together.
    CommentQuote
    Has anyone come across a 1331.54 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment in India ever :bab (38):? Seems like these builders :bab (59): could even sell push-carts (thela) at the price of shops in some high end mall.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending upon a persons preference, there are a lot of projects in Gurgaon itself where 2 bhks are bigger than 1500 sqft.
    Some people with small families prefer lesser but bigger rooms while some want servant quarter with their 2 bhk. As its said one size doesn't fit all :D
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, any change in size should be adjusted during final measurement..but they are sending request for extra area as of now.. how they can do this ...?
    It is high time that we can gather and have words with management..

Originally Posted by Suman78

CommentQuote
  • hi

Hi all

After reading the CHANGE IN LAYOUT PLAN, LOCATION & SIZE i found the clause in BBA as under

In every case mentioned, where there is any change in location and/or size of the said apartment, a fresh floor plan/unit layout shall be prepared by the company to this agreement shall deemed to be substituted by such fresh floor plan/unit layout, a copy of which shall be sent by the company to the allottee by post for its record.

it seems that builder is sending the demand only but not new changed layout plans, which the builder is bound to provide as per BBA.

Seniors pls advise in this regard:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gautamjkb
    Hi all

After reading the CHANGE IN LAYOUT PLAN, LOCATION & SIZE i found the clause in BBA as under

In every case mentioned, where there is any change in location and/or size of the said apartment, a fresh floor plan/unit layout shall be prepared by the company to this agreement shall deemed to be substituted by such fresh floor plan/unit layout, a copy of which shall be sent by the company to the allottee by post for its record.

it seems that builder is sending the demand only but not new changed layout plans, which the builder is bound to provide as per BBA.

Seniors pls advise in this regard:

I believe I mentioned the same in my earlier post. Kindly read it
    CommentQuote
  • Lets join guys and meet the builder ASAP....people in Delhi NCR please respond...
    CommentQuote
  • Well many new projects have 2BHK's in the range of 1400-1500 sq. feet. Skyon has 1524 size.

Originally Posted by Suman78

CommentQuote