Hi,

I am an investor planning to locate an apartment in a shortlisted multistoried complex of 15 floors. There quite few options open. I would like to seek fellow forum members views on the following?

Floors
1. Which are the best floors to buy i.e. lower/middle/higher floors?
2. Is it true that 15th (top) floor should be avoided? (It is not a penthouse)
3. Is it true that G, 1st & 2nd are also not very hot floors?
4. Is it true 13th floor should be avoided? Or if builder has named actual 13th floor as 14th floor should that also be avoided?

Vastu Facing
5. How important is facing vastu wise?
6. Is it facing of Balcony or the door?
7. Which is the best and the worst facing?

Facing from Sun prespective
8. What is the best facing of balcony from sun prespective?

To make things simple please ignore impact of PLCs or any extra premium I may to pay for good location. Kindly also ignore the obvious i.e park / pool facing flat is better that another flat facing than lets say another close-by building. Kindly tell me the best / dream location of the flat.

Views of members will be highly appreciated and may be educative for fellow investors.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ravika
    Hi,

I am an investor planning to locate an apartment in a shortlisted multistoried complex of 15 floors. There quite few options open. I would like to seek fellow forum members views on the following?

Floors
    4. Is it true 13th floor should be avoided? Or if builder has named actual 13th floor as 14th floor should that also be avoided?

Vastu Facing
    5. How important is facing vastu wise?
    6. Is it facing of Balcony or the door?
    7. Which is the best and the worst facing?

8. What is the best facing of balcony from sun prespective?

To make things simple please ignore impact of PLCs or any extra premium I may to pay for good location. Kindly also ignore the obvious i.e park / pool facing flat is better that another flat facing than lets say another close-by building. Kindly tell me the best / dream location of the flat.

Views of members will be highly appreciated and may be educative for fellow investors.

7th floor (lucky)
    CommentQuote
  • find my answers in blue

Originally Posted by ravika
    Hi,

Floors
    nothing in particular , but avoid top and lowest floor
    Yes
    Ground floor to be avoided , 1st and 2nd are ok

4. Is it true 13th floor should be avoided? Yes Or if builder has named actual 13th floor as 14th floor should that also be avoided? Not much problem if name changed

Vastu Facing
    5. How important is facing vastu wise? facing is not important , for vastu finnicky people facing of entrance door/gate to apartment is considered
    6. Is it facing of Balcony or the door? Already answered above
    7. Which is the best and the worst facing? best is east ,north

8. What is the best facing of balcony from sun prespective? South

CommentQuote
  • If the number of floors are more than 10 then i have a personal preference for floors between Mid to High because of the following reasons:

1. Comparative less of dust, mosquitoes and pollution.
    2. More Air

We have a flat in mumbai and i know how important above 2 factors are. Talking about heat only top floor is the one that is most impacted because of the maximum exposure towards sun rays.

But on other hand if the number of floors in a tower are less than 7 then i would prefer lower floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Many thanks to all for the reply.

ISHAANb, your input that as long we avoid ground and top floor we cannot go wrong has been very useful as I being typical delhiwala was missing on fairly good deals due to my personal bias for lower floors.

Thanks, any other views will also be appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • If one were to choose a lawn / pool facing floor in a G+10, then what would be an optimal range of floors for a good view of the lawn / pool , while still getting the benefit of height for lower pollution / mosquitoes ?
    CommentQuote
  • Ideally buy 2 units, the top floor and the floor just below it (second last) good for both summers and winters.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bittuc123
    If one were to choose a lawn / pool facing floor in a G+10, then what would be an optimal range of floors for a good view of the lawn / pool , while still getting the benefit of height for lower pollution / mosquitoes ?

This question is in the context of Ncr region. Any other views based on your past experiences folks?
    CommentQuote