Just looking for opinions on this comparison. I know some people will say that Yamuna expressway is risky at this stage due to legalities but I think this is THE BEST time to get in there. I strongly believe that all these recent happening will not result into anything earth shattering. Worst case, builders might have to pay some additional money to farmers, which itself will increase the prices there sharply. Investor, who have bought in allotted plots are not going to lose their money. This is my opinion. Next 4 yrs, Yamuna e-way is going to attract the investments never before seen in India.

On the other hand, we have ever booming Gurgaon...new sectors in 80s and 90s and Dwarka e-way in sector 100s. Though it already looks overpriced but more wait is only going to make it even more pricey as always happens in Indian RE.

So if you had 45-50 lakhs (Spread over 3 yrs), where would you go?
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by onesachin
    Just looking for opinions on this comparison. I know some people will say that Yamuna expressway is risky at this stage due to legalities but I think this is THE BEST time to get in there. I strongly believe that all these recent happening will not result into anything earth shattering. Worst case, builders might have to pay some additional money to farmers, which itself will increase the prices there sharply. Investor, who have bought in allotted plots are not going to lose their money. This is my opinion. Next 4 yrs, Yamuna e-way is going to attract the investments never before seen in India.

On the other hand, we have ever booming Gurgaon...new sectors in 80s and 90s and Dwarka e-way in sector 100s. Though it already looks overpriced but more wait is only going to make it even more pricey as always happens in Indian RE.

Comparing Gurgaon with Yamuna Expressway is same as comparing GOLD with COAL, choice is yours.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Comparing Gurgaon with Yamuna Expressway is same as comparing GOLD with COAL, choice is yours.

I don't mind putting all my money in coal if it doubles in price in 3 yrs, whereas gold increases only by 40-50%. I am not biased towards yamuna e-way but just clarifying what I meant to ask.
    CommentQuote
    I don't mind putting all my money in coal if it doubles in price in 3 yrs, whereas gold increases only by 40-50%. I am not biased towards yamuna e-way but just clarifying what I meant to ask.

:D :D :D , Yamuna Expressway is a gone case from any POV. If looking for same area then GN is better to invest in place of Yamuna Expressway, because GN is 10+ KM more close from DELHI/NOIDA then Yamuna Expressway and already well developed. Next important thing several sectors of GN are only 40-60% costlier then Yamuna Expressway (rates for same plots sizes). Whenever BOOM with shift to that areas then first it will touch GN and then after 10 years it will touch Yamuna Expressway (due to its unrealistic distances). Rest all depends upon individual, several persons already has been trapped in GN 5 years before and now once GN is becoming some stable market then several new persons now has been trapped in Yamuna Expressway and suffering.
    CommentQuote
  • How about Tendulkar vs Yusuf pathan?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vireshsangwan
    What about Tendulkar vs Yusuf pathan?

A great investor once said "when something looks too attractive (like Gold or Tendulkar), run away from it and when something looks like a crap (like coal), but its fundamentals are strong, put all money onto it" :-) :-)

Herd mentality is not good for investments.
    CommentQuote

If you are at a g a mb ling table and are looking to hit a jackpot then definitely this comparison makes sense but in real estate you can't really predict which area or infact project will be a blockbuster proposition. You just have to go with sound reasoning. First of all, noone can really predict how yamuna e-way will shape up in future and who knows maybe that area will experience rainfall of NRI investors' money which will double current rates in near future. But you should also agree that in India prices move with hype and emotion. Right now there is too much negative sentiment attached with that area and it is hard to see that feeling die down anytime soon. Also, if you look at past precedents and do a comparison of Noida(& nearby areas) vs Gurgaon(& nearby areas) then Gurgaon has given much better returns. Besides, Gurgaon and Noida are built on two separate models. In gurgaon, buildings come up first and then civic amenities etc. while in Noida it is other way around. So, once you have invested in a project and a road comes up nearby it gives a boom to that property and investors reap rewards. In noida, everything is already there before a project starts and you don't see these bump in prices at such regular intervals as you experience in Gurgaon. If I am in your position and want to invest this money, then I will go for assured returns in Gurgaon (no matter how small they may be) rather than putting it in a volatile area. But that's just again me and you may have a bigger appetite for risk and could hit that ever elusive jackpot. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ggnkaaadmi
    If you are at a g a mb ling table and are looking to hit a jackpot then definitely this comparison makes sense but in real estate you can't really predict which area or infact project will be a blockbuster proposition. You just have to go with sound reasoning. First of all, noone can really predict how yamuna e-way will shape up in future and who knows maybe that area will experience rainfall of NRI investors' money which will double current rates in near future. But you should also agree that in India prices move with hype and emotion. Right now there is too much negative sentiment attached with that area and it is hard to see that feeling die down anytime soon. Also, if you look at past precedents and do a comparison of Noida(& nearby areas) vs Gurgaon(& nearby areas) then Gurgaon has given much better returns. Besides, Gurgaon and Noida are built on two separate models. In gurgaon, buildings come up first and then civic amenities etc. while in Noida it is other way around. So, once you have invested in a project and a road comes up nearby it gives a boom to that property and investors reap rewards. In noida, everything is already there before a project starts and you don't see these bump in prices at such regular intervals as you experience in Gurgaon. If I am in your position and want to invest this money, then I will go for assured returns in Gurgaon (no matter how small they may be) rather than putting it in a volatile area. But that's just again me and you may have a bigger appetite for risk and could hit that ever elusive jackpot. :D

Good perspective. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • I'd say compare Yamuna expressway with Dharuhera!! :D
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon, w/o any doubt. Safe investment, which will grow with decent appreciation is all you need in RE.
    CommentQuote
    :D :D :D , Yamuna Expressway is a gone case from any POV. If looking for same area then GN is better to invest in place of Yamuna Expressway, because GN is 10+ KM more close from DELHI/NOIDA then Yamuna Expressway and already well developed. Next important thing several sectors of GN are only 40-60% costlier then Yamuna Expressway (rates for same plots sizes). Whenever BOOM with shift to that areas then first it will touch GN and then after 10 years it will touch Yamuna Expressway (due to its unrealistic distances). Rest all depends upon individual, several persons already has been trapped in GN 5 years before and now once GN is becoming some stable market then several new persons now has been trapped in Yamuna Expressway and suffering.

Good logical and sensible view bro !
    CommentQuote

I do not think calling Yamuna expressway a gone case is a right statement (no offense to your insight Saurabh). I guess it will catch up really fast once the express way starts functioning. The reasoning behind this is that when Noida - Greater noida express way was coming into existence the rates shooted up (and are still rising) but before that no one saw potential there. And regarding the 10+ km thing, I would personally prefer to drive 10 KMs on a relatively free expressway rather than getting stuck at bad traffic jams. But again, this is just my point of view.

:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vaibhav009
    I do not think calling Yamuna expressway a gone case is a right statement (no offense to your insight Saurabh). I guess it will catch up really fast once the express way starts functioning. The reasoning behind this is that when Noida - Greater noida express way was coming into existence the rates shooted up (and are still rising) but before that no one saw potential there. And regarding the 10+ km thing, I would personally prefer to drive 10 KMs on a relatively free expressway rather than getting stuck at bad traffic jams. But again, this is just my point of view.

Yamuna expressway have gave maximum return in NCR in last one year

4750 + 1000 P to 4750 + 7000P

but now its rate now comparable with GN plote rate
    YE 4750 + 7000P=11750 for 300 M plot
    in GN well develop sector 350 m plot in 20k/m and 10 km before YE

so i think GN plot is batter to compare to YE plot
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajesh_vsworx
    Yamuna expressway have gave maximum return in NCR in last one year

4750 + 1000 P to 4750 + 7000P

but now its rate now comparable with GN plote rate
    YE 4750 + 7000P=11750 for 300 M plot
    in GN well develop sector 350 m plot in 20k/m and 10 km before YE

so i think GN plot is batter to compare to YE plot

you are wrong , dharuhera HUDA sectors has give highest return in last 1 yr in NCR , and its livable

rs 5000 psy to 18-20000 psy today. no risks compared to YEW
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vaibhav009

Sorry if you feel bad about my YEW comment. YEW is 10+ more far from GN not from NOIDA / DELHI. GN is not a hot spot at this time to consider distances. From Delhi BORDER YEW Societies will be around 40+ KM ie Minimum 500 Rupees Patrol Wastage + TOLL TAXes for just 1 Return Drive (80+ KM) from YEW to DELHI BORDER.

As for risk even at this time most of the plots has not be acquired by farmers by authority however has been sold to buyers from 8000 PSY to 15000 PSY rates, and still on that plots farmers are there. Too much scary in current scenario. Outer location of GN is better bet in 20K to 25K PSY Rates. however I understand views changes as per personal thinking.
    CommentQuote