Folks,

I visited the site recently. Attached are some of photos from site.

- Ivory and Jemma block construction in full swing

- Amber is the next block for construction

-leveling and demarcation under progress in Amber

- company "claims" to give possession by Q2-Q3 2012.

Thanks
Attachments:
Read more
186 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Not only the thread is inactive, the market is fairly inactive for EFS type units. I think emerald hills is one of the most undervalued project on GCE.. There has been no update from EMAAR till date about status of construction.. Does not speak well about the project and the builder..

Originally Posted by NK2013
    Why is this thread so dead? Is there any other thread for Emerald Floors which is more active or actually no owners are interested to provide or get an update on their project?

I can provide a bit old update and hope that may increase some activity on this project.

I am also registered with Emerald Hills Yahoo Group and some people were planning to meet developer last week. I think the meeting was finally cancelled.

Update: I went to the site last month. Although it is possible that workers were dispersed between locations - but overall I did not get the impression that the site was really active with workers/construction.

Jemma is almost ready (not sure about internal finishing) and there was another block where structure was ready (I think Topaz). Amber/Coral still not started - Need to understand why!!

I saw one sample floor at Jemma and have to say that space efficiency, layout and quality was very good. I strongly think floors have a very high potential for future appreciation (especially given location and the amount of space that one gets at current price), if Emaar can deliver on time and does not continue screwing up this project with delays.

Also, went to their corporate office as well as site office to understand why construction of floors is so delayed versus other parts of the project. For e.g. I went to see Emerald Estate and I was impressed with the progress of that project and Palm Hills construction progress is also good. I tried to understand if there are any legal issues with these two blocks (Amber and Coral) and at least Emaar customer care executives were confident that there are no issues except slow construction progress.

Happy to hear thoughts from everyone else. I am in Gurgaon end of this month if a group of owners are interested to go together to meet Emaar.

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Emerald Floors

Frustrating wait never ends!!! I got the following response from Emaar to my query:

Greetings from Emaar MGF!

In regards to your email below, we shall like to inform that construction is progressing well at the site and considerable milestones have been achieved in Block "Jemma" and "Ivory" of the project "Emerald Hills Floors" and please be informed that construction has taken place at the block "Topaz" and we anticipate to start the construction at Amber block shortly. However we shall keep you intimated on the development of the site and the physical copy of the payment request letter shall be dispatched 15-20 days prior to the due date.

Further as regards to the possession, please note that we are expecting to start giving the possession tentatively by second quarter' 2015 subject to receipt of all clearances from Statutory Authorities.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to email us at feedback@emaarmgf.com or call us on 1-800-103-3643*.

We again thank you for being a valued customer of Emaar MGF.
    CommentQuote
  • There are groups created on Facebook and Yahoo for Emerald Hills Floor.
    Request all to join these groups

Facebook Groups has good no. of members available.

Originally Posted by deepak_aggarwal
    Not only the thread is inactive, the market is fairly inactive for EFS type units. I think emerald hills is one of the most undervalued project on GCE.. There has been no update from EMAAR till date about status of construction.. Does not speak well about the project and the builder..
    CommentQuote
  • There are groups created on Facebook and Yahoo for Emerald Hills Floor.
    Request all to join these groups

Facebook Groups has good no. of members available.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your efforts GGN001. I have joined facebook account.I have 3 more friends who have there units in EMAAR emrold floor. PLease plan a meeting with emaar.
    CommentQuote
  • As per last conversation with emaar helpdesk, they are still waiting some apprvals so they are not sure when the construction work will start. And due to unavailability of approval, bank loans are not possible...:(
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Friends,

I am also a member of the facebook group of

We are organizing a group meeting for people who have booked units in this
    project on 10th Aug Emaar MGF Office, Sikanderpur, Gurgaon at 10:00 AM. A good
    number of members of facebook group have accepted this invite and will join this
    meeting. I want to invite all members of this forum to this meeting. The
    purpose is collectively raise our voice with Emaar management and to decide on
    next steps.

You are all requested to come forward and attend this meeting. It is only when
    we unite can we fight for our cause

Looking forward for your participation.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Friends,
    This is in continuation to my earlier mail regarding Group meeting of Emerald Hills Owners.
    Please note that apart from change in venue, there is no other change in plan. Now the meeting is being held at project site of Emerald Hills, Sector 65, Gurgaon. Request all to gather at entrance gate sharp 10:00 AM.
    The objective of this meeting is to form a group and decide on next steps and setup agenda/date/time for meeting with emaar management, and come prepared for it.
    Request all to come forward and attend this meeting. I am sure if we unite and move together, we will definitively turn things around.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, was looking to invest in this project, but looks like the EC is pending since May 2012. Anybody got clear answers from Emaar on this. Was looking to invest here but can't find any demarcation on where is Ivory, Topaz, Amber, Jemma. Brokers are saying Ivory and Jemma are ready not sure what that means after reading above discussions. Please suggest what are the resale prices here for a Ground Floor 350 sqyd.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Everyone,

Here are highlights of the meeting .

-We had a gathering of 17 people (of various blocks of this project) yesterday
    at Emerald Hills Site and had meeting at their site/project office.
    Unfortunately, 3-4 members landed up at Sikanderpur office. So in all 20+ people
    came up for this meeting. It was an excellent participation considering it being
    our first meeting. This is very encouraging.
    -We agreed that we all will try to bring more participants for the next meeting.
    We will spread the message to people whom we know have also invested here. Try
    to get details of investors from brokers etc.,.
    -We created a database of participants of yesterday's meeting with contact
    details... and Unit details. This will help in organizing next meeting. I will
    distribute this list to all participants.
    -We have also agreed to take help of press media to add pressure on Emaar MGF.
    One of our members has agreed to arrange for media coverage in coming
    meeting/protests. But we need to add more strength to gain their interest.
    -A complaint letter was drafted at site office signed by all participants, and
    handed over at officials at site. This letter is addressed to top officials of
    Emaar MGF asking for written clarification on below given 3 specific points
    latest by Wednesday, 14-Aug-13. The same is also being emailed to customer care
    and top management.

1.What is the construction status of the overall project?
    2.Why is there such a long delay in the project? In particular, are all
    approvals and land acquisition etc. in place?
    3.What is the realistic timeline for delivery of various blocks in the project?

-Also we have asked for a confirmed appointment with top management for
    Saturday, 17-Aug-2013.
    -Tentatively we have agreed our next meeting to be at Sikandarpur office on
    Saturday, 17-Aug-2013 at 10:30 AM. We fill finalize this after receiving or not
    receiving response from Emaar MGF.

Originally Posted by GGN0001
    Dear Friends,
    This is in continuation to my earlier mail regarding Group meeting of Emerald Hills Owners.
    Please note that apart from change in venue, there is no other change in plan. Now the meeting is being held at project site of Emerald Hills, Sector 65, Gurgaon. Request all to gather at entrance gate sharp 10:00 AM.
    The objective of this meeting is to form a group and decide on next steps and setup agenda/date/time for meeting with emaar management, and come prepared for it.
    Request all to come forward and attend this meeting. I am sure if we unite and move together, we will definitively turn things around.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks GGN for taking extra efforts to keep this forum members updated. I have joined Facebook forum as well and will try to help out as much possible.

Hope your efforts bring some life to this forum.

Cheers

Originally Posted by GGN0001
    Hi Everyone,

Here are highlights of the meeting .

-We had a gathering of 17 people (of various blocks of this project) yesterday
    at Emerald Hills Site and had meeting at their site/project office.
    Unfortunately, 3-4 members landed up at Sikanderpur office. So in all 20+ people
    came up for this meeting. It was an excellent participation considering it being
    our first meeting. This is very encouraging.
    -We agreed that we all will try to bring more participants for the next meeting.
    We will spread the message to people whom we know have also invested here. Try
    to get details of investors from brokers etc.,.
    -We created a database of participants of yesterday's meeting with contact
    details... and Unit details. This will help in organizing next meeting. I will
    distribute this list to all participants.
    -We have also agreed to take help of press media to add pressure on Emaar MGF.
    One of our members has agreed to arrange for media coverage in coming
    meeting/protests. But we need to add more strength to gain their interest.
    -A complaint letter was drafted at site office signed by all participants, and
    handed over at officials at site. This letter is addressed to top officials of
    Emaar MGF asking for written clarification on below given 3 specific points
    latest by Wednesday, 14-Aug-13. The same is also being emailed to customer care
    and top management.

1.What is the construction status of the overall project?
    2.Why is there such a long delay in the project? In particular, are all
    approvals and land acquisition etc. in place?
    3.What is the realistic timeline for delivery of various blocks in the project?

-Also we have asked for a confirmed appointment with top management for
    Saturday, 17-Aug-2013.
    -Tentatively we have agreed our next meeting to be at Sikandarpur office on
    Saturday, 17-Aug-2013 at 10:30 AM. We fill finalize this after receiving or not
    receiving response from Emaar MGF.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello ..I just discovered this forum. Any update from the meeting. I wud like to join such meetings in future. hv sent request on face book group. Request group owner to accept
    CommentQuote
  • Isnt this the same developer who boasts of an association with the tallest tower of the world?

It took Emaar a lot less time to come up with Burj Khalifa then what it would take to finish Emerald Hills. It becomes more shameful when one realises that Ansal Esensia launched after Emerald Hills has offered deliveries and infrastructure in time. It hurts more when we compare the expectations and the delivery schedule of both the developers. Its worth mentioning here that a couple of blocks in Emerald Hills have not been subjected to any construction activity even 4 years beyond the launch. What adds salt to the wound is that the reason behind this delay aint public yet.

Okay , the sample floor looks decent but when can we expect the dream of hundreds to get realised? What adds salt to the wounds is the absence of clarity on the issues faced and action taken.

I wonder, how can the developer afford this delay with the ever increasing cost of construction and absence of escalation cost from the BBAs?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, but that was dubai where they come up with the tallest tower and this is India, Emaar is in a big mess here so cant say about the delivery of its projects, we can see palm drive which is standing for over 2 years and no possession till now.

An off topic point - regarding revanta, i was having a word with someone in Raheja, the guy told that Arabtec is committed to deliver the project in 3 years but Raheja is telling them to slow down the construction speed as people don't have money and if demands are raised fast there will be lot of defaults in payments, so this is truth of Indian business scenario.

Originally Posted by 2numbari
    Isnt this the same developer who boasts of an association with the tallest tower of the world?

It took Emaar a lot less time to come up with Burj Khalifa then what it would take to finish Emerald Hills. It becomes more shameful when one realises that Ansal Esensia launched after Emerald Hills has offered deliveries and infrastructure in time. It hurts more when we compare the expectations and the delivery schedule of both the developers. Its worth mentioning here that a couple of blocks in Emerald Hills have not been subjected to any construction activity even 4 years beyond the launch. What adds salt to the wound is that the reason behind this delay aint public yet.

Okay , the sample floor looks decent but when can we expect the dream of hundreds to get realised? What adds salt to the wounds is the absence of clarity on the issues faced and action taken.

I wonder, how can the developer afford this delay with the ever increasing cost of construction and absence of escalation cost from the BBAs?
    CommentQuote
  • Emerald Hills TCP approved site layout

The initial plan approved by the Town & Country department is attached for a basic understanding of the township.

Some observations:-
    1) Revenue rastas intruding into the site plan but not bisecting - 1
    2) Revenue rastas along the boundary of the plan - 1
    3) Revenue rastas bisecting the project - 1 , the one which alienates the EWS section from the regular section.
    4) Nallahs passing through the plan -1 , again its at one far end and alienates the EWS section and taxi stand. Any reasons of worry?
    5) Unacquired patches within the plan - 2 , which have been aquired laong back.
    6) High tension wires passing through the project - None
    7) Bundhs passing through the site - None
    8) Gas/Fuel pipelines passing through the community - None
    9) Distance from the Golf Course Road Ext- 200 m onwards
    10) Sector roads (24m) being developed by the developer - All which are a part of the plan.

The most important question:-
    How much of the above mentioned information was hidden by Emaar MGF in their numbering plan while achieving sales:- NONE , from day 1.

Returns on investment for investors- among the highest in gurgaon* (avoiding %)

*( Based on the knowledge that The people who have paid 18 lakhs get 55 lakhs premium and the ones who have paid 40 gets 75-80 lakhs premium
    Plots sold initially at 30 k finds buyers at 85-95k )
    {i hope somebody does not quote some random high valued purchase of 2012/ office space returns just to contest this point}

The points which a few of my friends would want me to mention:-
    1) Delayed project
    2) No construction in two blocks yet
    3) The interest charged for delayed payment is high
    4) No clarity on the club amenities yet.
    5) Not that big a brand , not reputed , smaller FDI, poor customer services ,FEMA voilations .. really?

The clean site plan looks more cleaner when compared with the site plan of IREO city , not very far away in terms of location. Maybe a similar evaluation of Ansal Esencia and IREO City sites and comparisons on pro rata basis would be a fair job.

Disclaimer:- The site has grown in size over the time. Some un-acquired patches shown above have been acquired and some new may have been created. My post is based on the available data only

Joy!
    CommentQuote