Hello Folks, :bab (26):

I need your expert advice on a RE investment from an END-USE perspective. Before i go further, like they say, "don't hide any facts from counselor/Advocate/Doctor", i would like to give a stock of my current position:

Situation
1) I'm living in the US from last 1 years and worst case scenario, will have to leave by 2014 and best case scenario (once i feel like leaving) , five years from now, i.e. by 2016.
2) I have a flat in Mumbai but i lived in ggn for 5 years and i've fallen in LOVE with NCR :bab (41):and would like to settle here.
3) I'm looking for a property with following features:
a) Around 65 Lakhs
b) I would like to finance it ~50 Lakhs
c) Property should be inhabitable by 2013-15 timeframe
d) Property is for end-use but if i needed to, i would like to have an exit criteria
e) I will be visiting delhi, November 1st week (but want to book it before)
g) > 1500 sqft (built-up area) + 3 BHK
f) My knowledge is very limited, in terms of arranging finance without travelling to India (though, i have overheard that it's possible).Before jumping all the hoops, i would like to understand if it's POSSIBLE TO AVAIL A FINANCE WITHOUT GOING TO INDIA:bab (59):

PROJECTS CONSIDERED
1) Skyz - Sector 37D (3400 psft)
2) Uniworld Resorts The Residence - Sector 33 (3295 psft)
3) I don't want to go down towards manser - TOO FAR
I need your help with (more projects suggestions) and pros/cons for point (2) , i have been confused enough with Skyz by reading this forum

Legality:bab (30):
1) I'm in touch with some of the companies ( allcheckdeals) and they seemingly sounded very confident that for the "booking and securing a finance", I need not need to travel India and everything could be arranged. I need your help, in evaluating this statement, on a high level, whether it's true or NOT?

2) Power Of Attorney - Any information about the procedure (though i have to accept that, i am asking without searching for it over net - The thing, which i don't like myself- Seeking answers, without first making an attempt myself to find it - too much)

3) Broker / Service companies contacts - I will highly appreciate, if you could DM me some reliable sources in GGN to reach out and hold a conversation further.

I really THANK YOU guys in advance for answering my post and congratulate you for your efforts for helping people out, sitting 1000 miles away!!!
As i said above in my post, I’m just trying to make some effort to gain more insight before i zeroed down with my choice but at the same time, as someone said: “It is human nature to think wisely and act foolishly.”

Cheers,
Amit
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Uniworld Resorts The Residence - Sector 33 (3295 psft)

I think its a 3 year old price???????

Am i missing something

Originally Posted by NewKidInTown

I need your expert advice on a RE investment from an END-USE perspective. Before i go further, like they say, "don't hide any facts from counselor/Advocate/Doctor", i would like to give a stock of my current position:

Situation
    1) I'm living in the US from last 1 years and worst case scenario, will have to leave by 2014 and best case scenario (once i feel like leaving) , five years from now, i.e. by 2016.
    2) I have a flat in Mumbai but i lived in ggn for 5 years and i've fallen in LOVE with NCR :bab (41):and would like to settle here.
    a) Around 65 Lakhs
    d) Property is for end-use but if i needed to, i would like to have an exit criteria
    g) > 1500 sqft (carpet area) + 3 BHK
    f) My knowledge is very limited, in terms of arranging finance without travelling to India (though, i have overheard that it's possible).Before jumping all the hoops, i would like to understand if it's POSSIBLE TO AVAIL A FINANCE WITHOUT GOING TO INDIA:bab (59):

PROJECTS CONSIDERED
    I need your help with (more projects suggestions) and pros/cons for point (2) , i have been confused enough with Skyz by reading this forum

1) I'm in touch with some of the companies ( allcheckdeals) and they seemingly sounded very confident that for the "booking and securing a finance", I need not need to travel India and everything could be arranged. I need your help, in evaluating this statement, on a high level, whether it's true or NOT?

2) Power Of Attorney - Any information about the procedure (though i have to accept that, i am asking without searching for it over net - The thing, which i don't like myself- Seeking answers, without first making an attempt myself to find it - too much)

3) Broker / Service companies contacts - I will highly appreciate, if you could DM me some reliable sources in GGN to reach out and hold a conversation further.

I really THANK YOU guys in advance for answering my post and congratulate you for your efforts for helping people out, sitting 1000 miles away!!!
    As i said above in my post, I’m just trying to make some effort to gain more insight before i zeroed down with my choice but at the same time, as someone said: “It is human nature to think wisely and act foolishly.”

Cheers,
    Amit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Uniworld Resorts The Residence - Sector 33 (3295 psft)

I think its a 3 year old price???????

Am i missing something

You are right, correct one is: 3395/-

Please see here: AllCheckDeals.com - Unitech Builder Developer - Unitech Residential Property - Original Booking - Unitech Group - New Projects - India
    CommentQuote
  • Sir the correct price is 5800-6000
    CommentQuote
  • This is a BUMMR now..does it mean that all the deals shown on CheckAllDeals.com are not updated? If so, what is indeed a reliable source of finding the deals with CORRECT price?

BTW, Any insight on my queries? Please excuse me for my ignorance of the correct price...isn't the name says it all: NewKidInTown :P
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NewKidInTown
    This is a BUMMR now..does it mean that all the deals shown on CheckAllDeals.com are not updated? If so, what is indeed a reliable source of finding the deals with CORRECT price?

BTW, Any insight on my queries? Please excuse me for my ignorance of the correct price...isn't the name says it all: NewKidInTown :P

Yes, allcheck deals is not updated in prices.
    3395 price in Sector 33 will cause a stampede of buyers in Gurgaon :)

I generally go to 99 acres and make few calls to find out a reliable market price. But I would be happy to learn from senior members in this forum on how to find out reliable prices.
    CommentQuote
  • ha ha ha...Well said Sachin.
    Indeed it cause stampede..LOL

Originally Posted by onesachin
    Yes, allcheck deals is not updated in prices.
    3395 price in Sector 33 will cause a stampede of buyers in Gurgaon :)

CommentQuote
  • With type of budget you have mentioned you need to search for properties which have bsp around 3500 psf because there will be additional charges you need to be aware of.

- EDC/IDC charges
    - Preferred location charges
    - Club membership
    - IFMS

These will contribute an addition of 500 to 1000 psf price.
    CommentQuote
    This is a BUMMR now..does it mean that all the deals shown on CheckAllDeals.com are not updated? If so, what is indeed a reliable source of finding the deals with CORRECT price?

I usually check on Magicbricks.com. Here also its just an indicator of the price trend as Brokers like to quote lower prices to attract people and later if you call them, they would tell you a higher price. Also the prices quoted usually are BSP and dont include PLC/EDC/Club etc. Still you would get an idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Mate I am an NRI myself. My sincere advice to you will be do not buy anything unless u do thorough on the ground market research and see the property yourself.

Dont be in hurry. Buy when you are here in India. However in case you like any prelaunch u can do thorough research on this forum and may go for it, still it is advisable that you have some idea about various location in ggn, which from your posts it seems you do not have. Please visit the entire gurgaon market understand various micro markets and only then buy....

As they say Dhurgatna se der bhali...

Also one wrong decision will give you a lot of unnecessary tension, since you are away from India you wont even have the opportunity to quickly dispose off a wrongly bought project.

Also keep in mind that there are large numbers of brokers and manipulators in the forum who try each and every trick in the book to lure a gullible and naive investor like you. So do not believe an argument or suggestion or a supposed fact unless 5-6 more people agree to it. There are lot of nice people on the foum also who will come forward and help you.

Best of Luck and Be Careful -

CommentQuote

Yup. prices are not updated.. I sent a query and got a call from them after 3 days. their response was "sir humko prices aise rakhne padte hain queries generate karne ke liye":bab (45):

in fact its bringing negative marketing for allcheckdeal:bab (35):
    CommentQuote
  • What kind of a service can we expect from allcheckdeals if they can't set right the basics, such as updating its website. Its sheer unprofessionalism.
    CommentQuote

Situation
    a) Around 65 Lakhs

PROJECTS CONSIDERED

Cheers,
    Amit

Kamaal hai yaar 65 lakh ke property aur 50 lakh ka loan wo bhi by someone which is staying in US for 5 years (till 2014 worst case)

yaar etne paise to yahi mil jaayege fir waha kya kar rahe ho ?

bhai waha se paise kama kar laao aur India mai poora lagao - kyu pange lete ho banks ko involve karke.

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • property in GGN

Situation
    a) Around 65 Lakhs

PROJECTS CONSIDERED

Cheers,
    Amit

Hi Amit
    Greetings

My problems were very very similar to yours but I was generally scouting for investment/end use/50-90lacs/Horizon 3-5years/100%own capital/Low risk as own capital and have tried to tabulate opportunites around dway in the open link.. Hope it is helpful for you! Do update if you find anything useful for others help..

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren

Kamaal hai yaar 65 lakh ke property aur 50 lakh ka loan wo bhi by someone which is staying in US for 5 years (till 2014 worst case)

yaar etne paise to yahi mil jaayege fir waha kya kar rahe ho ?

bhai waha se paise kama kar laao aur India mai poora lagao - kyu pange lete ho banks ko involve karke.

Rohit

2014 is 3 years :bab (59):. His visa could be expiring in that year and maybe he just wants to plan accordingly. I agree that he should try to avoid banks if possible. But since he has been in States since only last one year, maybe he is taking the best course of action already as one needs money for other purposes as well and not all money is for RE investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Newkid,

My advice to you would be to look for apartments on a site like 99acres or magicbricks as others have stated. This would give you an idea about the localities/areas of Gurgaon which are within your budget. You can then search for long-term positives/negatives of that particular area first by going over various threads like SPR, NPR etc. Once you are comfortable with the area to invest then shortlist projects based on your requirement of : quality, builder repo, floor plan, neighborhood etc. You can read more about those projects in their specific threads on this forum. One thing to know is that if you go for original booking from a builder, your broker should get you some discount which you have to negotiate with him. If you buy in resale, then you may have to give 1% to a broker (again negotiate with him). I have heard positive things about allcheckdeals but don't have any personal experience. As long as you are being diligent in checking all the property facts before doing the transaction, it should be okay. No, you do not have to come to India to buy the property but I hope you already have a PAN card (I didn't have it when I was an NRI and had to apply first before investing).
    Good luck in your search!
    CommentQuote