I did not find sectors 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 85, 86,87,89,90, 91-99, in the municipal corporation of gurgaon. What does it mean, are these outside municipal limits, are these sectors likely to be developed later.
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by jatin123
    I did not find sectors 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 85, 86,87,89,90, 91-99, in the municipal corporation of gurgaon. What does it mean, are these outside municipal limits, are these sectors likely to be developed later.

I think you are right. All these sectors may not fall within the municipal limits right now. Though it has been some time, but let me try to recollect the events in chronological order. I may be a bit wrong but if memory serves right, I shouldn't be too off-line :).
    Earlier Gurgaon was under a municipal committee. In 2008, municipal committee in order to increase its area of influence gave a proposal to divide all the area in Gurgaon in 35 wards of around 38-40,000 population each. In order to have a municipal corporation, population needs to be in excess of 5 or 6 lakhs (not sure what exact figure is). This model gave them a chance to formulate a corporation and thus, municipal corporation of Gurgaon was formed. Now, if I am not mistaken then demarcation of these 35 wards was conducted in 2008 and was passed in 2010. Demarcation only took areas/villages from kherki daula to dwarka and kherki daula to faridabad and just some portions on left and right of Jaipur highway. If you look at the sectors which are left out then they are either to the extreme right of Kherki daula or just a bit to the left (77 and 78).
    With time I guess these remaining ones will also come under one ward or the other.
    CommentQuote
  • Residents on the edge as MCG fails to fix civic mess

Residents on the edge as MCG fails to fix civic mess

The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG), which came into existence in June 2008, has failed to live up to the expectations of the residents. Although the city has emerged as an IT hub, Gurgaon’s civic problems are mounting. The MCG which has the mandate to set the civic issues right has failed miserably.
    “Nothing has changed in the past four-and-a-half years. The city’s civic infrastructure is collapsing but the corporation is interested in raking in money by slapping taxes,” said RS Rathee, president of the Gurgaon Citizens’ Council (GCC).

Initially, MCG covered only 22 sqkm area with 36 regularised colonies. But in 2008, the Haryana government, through a notification, increased the MCG’s area of jurisdiction. Now, the MCG has the jurisdiction of 168 sqkm which covers 44 villages, private builders’ areas and Huda sectors.

“In 2010, the Haryana government brought another notification expanding its jurisdiction to 207 sqkm,” said YS Gupta, a former joint commissioner of the MCG.

The MCG with an annual budget of R1,000 crore has failed to improve the infrastructure of the city. Arterial roads and sewage systems are in bad shape. The civic authorities say they do not have enough manpower to cover a vast area. At present MCG has 33 sanitation staff against the required strength of 3,500.

The city generates about 700 tonnes of garbage daily.

Residents on the edge as MCG fails to fix civic mess - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote
  • New Commissioner sets sight on sanitation, hygiene, pollution, signage, new office.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The new commissioner of Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon, Vijay Singh Dahiya, took charge on Tuesday afternoon. He met deputy commissioner P C Meena, various department heads and councillors. Soon after that, Dahiya visited MDI Chowk and Mahaveer Chowk - sites of proposed flyovers. On Wednesday, he is likely to visit the solid waste management plant in Bandhwari. In an interview with Joel Joseph, he emphasizes the need for better sanitation and promises speedy development and effective governance:

How do you view this city?

It is the fastest-growing urban district of the country. I have a fair idea about the challenges ahead.

What are these challenges?

For an emerging city like Gurgaon, we have to plan for the future. This city has various stakeholders and agencies and the need of the hour is to have coordination and synergy so that there is no conflict of interest. The whole city should grow and we will try to ensure holistic development of every area.

What will be your focus areas as the municipal commissioner?

The municipal corporation provides lots of services including issuing various documents and permissions. My focus will be to make these services more efficient and transparent with the help of technology. My predecessor has already introduced a lot of IT-based service and I would like to take them forward. I will try to exapnd the scope of IT services. In fact, the electronic delivery of services started by Sudhir Rajpal has set a new benchmark in the entire state. All other municipalities have been asked to study the model and implement it.

What are the issues you will take up on priority basis?

There are three main concerns related to hygiene and saniation that I will address immediately.

We have to increase the level of sanitation in the city. Within this, there are three things that have to be looked into - collection, segregation and disposal. The efficiency of door-to-door garbage collection needs to be improved and the residents have to be involved actively in the process of segregation the non-biodegradable and biodegradable waste. The involvement of people is very important as the city cannot be clean without their support.

Second is the issue of polythene bags. These are the main component of garbage and cannot be treated or recycled. We have to enforce the ban fully but before that we have to make people aware and provide an alternative. ,Third is to upgrade the machinery and train the manpower in various departments.

Your focus on sanitation will be welcomed by the city. What are the other areas of focus?

At present, there is no central office and all the departments are scattered. There is a need to have our own building so that the overall efficiency of the municipal corporation is improved. Also, it is very important to have proper signage in the city since these are critical for first time visitors for proper directions. We will have modern design signage soon.

When will the changes become visible?

One can see the changes in a fortnight's time. I will like to review things every 15 days.

Clean Gurgaon Dahiya's top priority - The Times of India

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The new commissioner of Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon, Vijay Singh Dahiya, took charge on Tuesday afternoon. He met deputy commissioner P C Meena, various department heads and councillors. Soon after that, Dahiya visited MDI Chowk and Mahaveer Chowk - sites of proposed flyovers. On Wednesday, he is likely to visit the solid waste management plant in Bandhwari. In an interview with Joel Joseph, he emphasizes the need for better sanitation and promises speedy development and effective governance:

How do you view this city?

It is the fastest-growing urban district of the country. I have a fair idea about the challenges ahead.

What are these challenges?

For an emerging city like Gurgaon, we have to plan for the future. This city has various stakeholders and agencies and the need of the hour is to have coordination and synergy so that there is no conflict of interest. The whole city should grow and we will try to ensure holistic development of every area.

What will be your focus areas as the municipal commissioner?

The municipal corporation provides lots of services including issuing various documents and permissions. My focus will be to make these services more efficient and transparent with the help of technology. My predecessor has already introduced a lot of IT-based service and I would like to take them forward. I will try to exapnd the scope of IT services. In fact, the electronic delivery of services started by Sudhir Rajpal has set a new benchmark in the entire state. All other municipalities have been asked to study the model and implement it.

What are the issues you will take up on priority basis?

There are three main concerns related to hygiene and saniation that I will address immediately.

We have to increase the level of sanitation in the city. Within this, there are three things that have to be looked into - collection, segregation and disposal. The efficiency of door-to-door garbage collection needs to be improved and the residents have to be involved actively in the process of segregation the non-biodegradable and biodegradable waste. The involvement of people is very important as the city cannot be clean without their support.

Second is the issue of polythene bags. These are the main component of garbage and cannot be treated or recycled. We have to enforce the ban fully but before that we have to make people aware and provide an alternative. ,Third is to upgrade the machinery and train the manpower in various departments.

Your focus on sanitation will be welcomed by the city. What are the other areas of focus?

At present, there is no central office and all the departments are scattered. There is a need to have our own building so that the overall efficiency of the municipal corporation is improved. Also, it is very important to have proper signage in the city since these are critical for first time visitors for proper directions. We will have modern design signage soon.

When will the changes become visible?

One can see the changes in a fortnight's time. I will like to review things every 15 days.

Clean Gurgaon Dahiya's top priority - The Times of India

New Commissioner sets sight on sanitation, hygiene, pollution, signage, new office.
    All the best
    CommentQuote
  • Councillor threatens chief secretary over 'corrupt' Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon's medical officer

Councillor threatens chief secretary over 'corrupt' Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon's medical officer
    TNN | Dec 1, 2012, 05.36 AM IST

GURGAON: After an ugly spat between the medical officer of the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) and the councillors at the last House meeting, one of the councillors is now planning to approach the court alleging that even though the deputation term of the medical officer has ended, she remains in office because of her corrupt practices.

Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) councillor Sunita Kataria has written to state chief secretary P K Chaudhery 'threatening' him that she would file a PIL against him if he fails to act upon her complaints.

"In the past several months I have made several complaints against the medical officer, Aruna Sangwan, and the sanitation inspector, Bijender Sharma, but no action has been taken against them. The previous municipal commissioner refused to pay any attention to the matter. I have also forwarded the complaints to the chief minister and chief secretary among other senior officials but nothing has been done. I have now decided to file a PIL against the chief secretary for ignoring my complaints," Kataria said.

The councillor's primary concern is that the medical officer is illegally occupying the post even though her term has ended. "The medical officer is on deputation and her tenure expired in October. Though the previous commissioner has not extended her term, she continues to be in office," Kataria said.

Besides, Kataria alleges that the medical officer, in collusion with certain sanitation contractors, has successfully ensured that the process of awarding sanitation contract that started in January this year is derailed.

"The sanitation contract for all the four municipal zones expired in January and since then the MCG has not been able to award the contract because of the official using corrupt means to influence which contractor gets which zone. This is the reason that even after 10 months the contracts have still not been handed over formally. I have asked the chief secretary to conduct a vigilance inquiry against the two officials and also find out the total payment made to various contractors since January 2011 till date," Katatria said.

The two MCG officials could not be contacted despite several attempts.

Why do we need a MCG if they cant ensure basic contracts like that for SANITATION??

Tough challenges ahead for th new incumbent.

On a different note the salary being paid to the safai karamcharis is pathetic. Less than Rs 1000 pm and no state insurance or basic benefits.
    CommentQuote
  • Year-old agenda for Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon meet

Year-old agenda for Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon meet
    By Joel Joseph, TNN | Dec 6, 2012, 02.44 AM IST

GURGAON: The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) will have its monthly House meeting on Thursday. However, given the MCG's track record, it may be too much to expect anything productive to come out of this meeting. The one big difference from earlier failed meetings would be the presence of the newly appointed municipal commissioner.

All the 14 items on the agenda for discussion in Thursday's House meeting are old. In fact most of the items on the agenda are being listed at every meeting for the past one year. Despite the previous municipal commissioner requesting all the councillors in the last House meeting to send the list of things they want to be included in the agenda so that they can be discussed, nobody seems to have done so.

The only issues that generate interest among these counclliors and are widely debated are the ones like the town planning (TP) scheme and wall wrap advertisements that are purely in the interest of private builders. None of the issues that are discussed benefit the common resident. All the items seem to be aimed at filling the MCG coffers.

In the last meeting, out of the 16 applications pending ones regarding the TP scheme, the mayor and his team managed to get one of it passed. Moreover at the beginning of the meeting, no response sought either from the officials or the councillors about the action taken about the issues taken in the previous meeting.

Some of the councillors though argue that one of the main reasons why nobody sends the items for discussion is because of the way the meetings are organized. "We never get to know the date of the meeting in advance. The only time we get to know about the meeting is when a copy of the agenda is delivered at our home. There ought to be a fixed date for the meeting and mayor and the commissioner have to ensure it is conducted properly. The municipal Act clearly mentions these two are responsible for holding this meeting and they should be held accountable for the meetings taking place so erratically. The meeting should be held regularly so that the councillors get habituated to attending it and sending items for discussion," says Nisha Singh, councillor, Ward -30.

There are others who point out that the councillors should maintain at least some decorum at these meetings. "One of the INLD councillor makes it a point every time to spoil the entire atmosphere of the House meeting by straight away abusing the officials. However agitated she might be, she has no right to behave this way. This sort of behavior does not help anybody, leave alone her. What message are we sending out?" asked one of them.
    _______

hard to believe these elected representatives are sitting on more than 2000 cr of public money.

Year-old agenda for Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon meet - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • MCG names 24 commercial roads - The Times of India

Printed from

MCG names 24 commercial roads
    By Joel Joseph, TNN | Dec 9, 2012, 02.29 AM IST

GURGAON: In what would be music to the ears of traders in the city and would cut down chances of bribery among MCG officials, the House has passed a resolution declaring 24 important roads in the city as commercial. At present over 90% of the roads in the city are non-commercial which means that all the commercial activities on these roads are illegal.

It also means that that those who are carrying out commercial activity on these roads are doing so after paying bribes to various MCG officials.

The councillors allege that MCG officials have intentionally been delaying the process of assigning commercial tag to the roads because they cannot demand bribes once these are declared commercial.

"Right now there are very few roads that are declared commercial in the city. When someone comes to get the building plan sanctioned for commercial use for a building that is located on a non-commercial road, the MCG officials sanction the plan under residential use but later on they take a bribe and allow commercial activity," said Yashpal Batra, senior deputy mayor.

"However, in the last House meeting we passed the resolution to declare 24 roads as commercial. There are only two criteria that should be met - the road should be 12 metres wide and there should be 40% commercial activity on that road. People are willing to pay the amount to get the commercial building plan sanctioned but officials are not willing to grant it. Once these roads are declared commercial the MCG can earn at least Rs 60 crore. The Municipal Act clearly says that the House has the power to declare a road commercial if the criterion is met. There is no need to seek approval from the state government," he said.

The MCG authorities have decided to conduct a survey to ensure that the criteria are met. The 24 roads declared commercial are New Railway Road, Old Railway Road, Sohna Road and MG Road.

The residents though say that the councillors seem to be interested only in filling their pockets. "The proposal they have passed does not benefit the residents and serves the interest of only traders. The councillors should think about the common man too," said Rajni Sharma, a DLF Phase-II resident.
    _______

Batra ji is a happy man, gets his own residential properties regularised as commercial with this. Till now quiet a few properties in residential areas being used for commercial purpose were under thread/notice for demolition had been issued.

Even after regularisation of many Municipal Counsellors residential properties as Commercial, they still dont follow the FAR rules of the state govt..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • MCG pushes for recovery of Rs. 600 crore house tax dues

MCG pushes for recovery of Rs. 600 crore house tax dues

The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) is going the whole hog to collect Rs. 600 crore as house tax from the residents of New Gurgaon areas in the next one and a half month. The collection has been pending since the inception of MCG in 2008. Now, the civic body has planned to link the payment of house tax or property tax with fire NOCs (No Objection Certificates) and trade licences. A property owner will not be issued NoC from the fire department or get the trade licences renewed without the payment of house tax.

The new norms will be implemented on malls, hotels, cinema complexes and even group housing societies and residential high rises. Mall owners and RWAs will be asked to make individual property owners in their complexes pay up, failing which the complex will not get the fire NoC or trade licence from the MCG.

MCG Commissioner Vijay Singh Dahiya who held a meeting on Monday to chalk out the strategy for recovering house tax, said, “This is the core source of revenue for us. We will engage in discussion the industrial associations and RWAs to seek their support.”

The MCG is expecting the recovery of house tax from at least 4 lakh properties in Gurgaon. Two sub committees have been formed to recover the money. One committee is assigned for redressal of complaints as there are around 50,000 objections of various nature have been raised by the residents. According to the MCG’s assessment, more than Rs. 200 crore of outstanding tax can be recovered if objections are taken care of. These objections range an error in the name and address of the property owner to discrepancies in calculation of tax.

Till December 31, the tax payers can avail rebates on dues as per the new property tax policy which came in June 2012.

MCG pushes for recovery of Rs. 600 crore house tax dues - Hindustan Times
    _______

Pay monthly maintenance and pay House tax as well to MCGo
    CommentQuote
  • Residents’ group to defy MCG tax notice

Residents’ group to defy MCG tax notice

A residents’ group that represents people living in private colonies has asked flat owners not to pay house tax to the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG). The Gurgaon Citizens’ Council (GCC) has appealed to the residents to approach the council, if they fear any action from the civic agency for defying its notice.
    GCC representatives said that a senior MCG official on December 5 had assured them that no more bills will be sent.

According to the residents, the MCG cannot levy house tax because it is yet to take over the maintenance of their colonies from private developers.

The MCG could not take the maintenance responsibility because not a single developer has obtained a completion certificate. Each locality lacks basic amenities and the transfer may lead to an additional financial burden on the MCG as admitted in the Supreme Court,” said a GCC member. On December 3, the apex court had ordered the Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) to provide basic services in private colonies and directed the Haryana government to begin the process of handing over the maintenance to MCG.

The apex court also allowed the GCC to move the Punjab and Haryana High Court, if the government does not follow its direction. “The court’s direction indirectly bars MCG from harassing us with house tax bills till our localities are transferred to it. The court was convinced with our plea against double taxation — maintenance charges to our developers and house tax to the corporation,” said RS Rathee, president of GCC.

Several colonies, including Sun City, Ambience Group Housing, Rose Wood City, Green Wood City, Malibu Towne, South City 1 & 2, Sushant Lok 1, 2 & 3, Palam Vihar DLF, Vatika City, and Ardee City, have opposed the house tax and moved court. These areas roughly accommodate 66,500 houses and more than 9 lakh residents.

MCG commissioner Vijay Singh Dahiya said he will discuss the issue with the residents. “I will hold a meeting in this regard. Until I understand the court order and the house tax issues in detail, I would not comment,” he said.

Residents
    CommentQuote