Hello,
We are looking for an investment property - with the possibility of returning to India in about 5 years.We had intially budgeted around 70 lacs for the property - but per what we have read in the forum - this is highly unacheivable withing Gurgaon - unless we look for further sectors such as Projects on Pataudi Road or Dwarka expressway? Our first question is - Does the Pataudi raod projects or D Exp look like a good investement proposition in the next 5 years.Does anyone think they provide a good value for money.
If we consider incereasing our budget to around a crore (and thats a BIG IF) - can the seniors suggest some good projects which would not only be a good investment but also great as as an end- user property.
We were not sure if we sshould concentrate on high end projects along the goldf course extension road (which would probably get us a small property at exorbitant psf prices- such as ireao/ DLF/Unitech) or go a bit further down NH8 towards Sector 80/83 and get a slightly bigger property for the smae price( godrej, palm hills, palm gardens etc) .Would the projects on NH8 provide a better value for money in terms of investment or the ones at golf course - not forgettign that we might be living in the property in another 5 years.
Regards
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dway option

Originally Posted by resear
    Hello,
    We are looking for an investment property - with the possibility of returning to India in about 5 years.We had intially budgeted around 70 lacs for the property - but per what we have read in the forum - this is highly unacheivable withing Gurgaon - unless we look for further sectors such as Projects on Pataudi Road or Dwarka expressway? Our first question is - Does the Pataudi raod projects or D Exp look like a good investement proposition in the next 5 years.Does anyone think they provide a good value for money.
    If we consider incereasing our budget to around a crore (and thats a BIG IF) - can the seniors suggest some good projects which would not only be a good investment but also great as as an end- user property.
    We were not sure if we sshould concentrate on high end projects along the goldf course extension road (which would probably get us a small property at exorbitant psf prices- such as ireao/ DLF/Unitech) or go a bit further down NH8 towards Sector 80/83 and get a slightly bigger property for the smae price( godrej, palm hills, palm gardens etc) .Would the projects on NH8 provide a better value for money in terms of investment or the ones at golf course - not forgettign that we might be living in the property in another 5 years.
    Regards

Hi
    Greetings
    My POV
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/180-gurgaon-master-plan-2021-live-in-the-present-or-dream-about-future?p=116424#post116424

ROI 10-50% pa expected..

Happy investing
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • thank you - since im new to the forum could you please clarify what do the following mean
    6x,7x,GC,GCex, 9x?Are they sectors?
    thnks
    CommentQuote
  • meanings of x

thank you - since im new to the forum could you please clarify what do the following mean
    6x,7x,GC,GCex, 9x?Are they sectors?
    thnks

Hi
    Greetings

I just remember my struggle with understanding these but would help you
    Certainly.. for example 8x would mean sector 81, 82, 83, 84 etc.. do open the map
    Gurgaon location map
    for a better understanding of the locations.
    Again this map is chosen because of good over all view (not for the builders promotion:D)..

Take care

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • thank you for the clarification.Any one else with their 2 cents?
    Your insight would be greatly appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • I would say i was in a similar boat as you are now. I started my search from GCex, Sohna road and finally ended up in booking a unit at Palm Gardens - 83. My decision was based on 2 main reasons:

1. These sectors do have added advantage in terms of connectivity and better planning.
    2. Prices on GCex and Sohna road were too high and were getting me a unit not bigger than 1500 sq ft area basis my budget. Whereas i could get a 1900 sq ft unit of my choice in Palm Gardens. Since i was looking for end-use so found this as a better option.

Rest points has been listed by BlessU.
    CommentQuote
  • I was interested in the Emaar projects - Palm hills / Palm gardens and others but have been completely put off by the negative reviews of the builder. Almost all their projects have been laden with scams, delayed and questionable construction and accounting practices.The dont seem to hold their selves accountable for anything.
    Are they really worth investing with?
    CommentQuote
  • That is same for all builders in general in India due to non existence of any regulatory body.. Emmar was in news for all the bad reasons recently but I admit that their customer service is much better then most other builders and end product delivered till now are good .. But most of their projects are delayed significantly.. You can look projects of other builders also like godrej , raheja , vatika in 8x sectors.. or look for projects in spr road like unitech vista , sunbreeze , etc ...Also ireo new project is an option which will fall in your budget.. but as sunny said if bsp is more then area will be less...

I was interested in the Emaar projects - Palm hills / Palm gardens and others but have been completely put off by the negative reviews of the builder. Almost all their projects have been laden with scams, delayed and questionable construction and accounting practices.The dont seem to hold their selves accountable for anything.
    Are they really worth investing with?
    CommentQuote
  • I believe Emaar projects have picked up steam lately -

Palm Springs are now being handed over to customers.
    Most towers are already erected at sky terraces and premier terraces.
    Consturction is going on at emerald estate, emerald floors.
    Work started at palm hills at well.

I am looking at these developments positively.

P.S - I hold a unit is Palm Gardens.
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in booking a flat in palm gardens can u tell me at what price u booked also any discount offered to u.And if there is any subvention scheme in Palm Gardens
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, Emaar is introducing subvention scheme for Palm Gardens.

Price for Palm Gardens would vary from tower to tower basis on the dates they were launched.

Tower - 5,6,7,8: 4100 psf
    Tower - 9,10: 4250 psf
    Luxury Tower - 3,4: 4350 psf
    Tower 2: 4550 psf

I got a discount of 2.7%.
    CommentQuote
  • Re:

Sunny,

Could you pls. let me know the broker details?
    CommentQuote
  • I had made a direct booking, didn't involved any broker in between. Apparently all the broker i interacted none of them gave any genuine information on the available units.
    CommentQuote
  • I would really like to book a unit in palm gardens can u elaborate on the subvention scheme.Also i have never seen this project as i live in east delhi can u tell me if this project has direct entry from NH 8 or there is some gali or something to get into its compound.
    CommentQuote
  • There are no residential project which are bang on NH-8 as there is a 500mtr commercial/institutional belt on either side. Refer to Gurgaon Masterplan map that will give you a better idea. For Palm Gardens attached image would help you to understand the location of this project.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I got a discount of 2.7%.

Hmmm... how did you manage that on direct company booking... have never seen more than 2% getting adjusted....
    insight would be helpful...
    CommentQuote