I was wondering if members could provide feedback on JMD Gardens, Gurgaon

1. What are the prevailing rates for 3 & 4 BHK?
2. What is the current status of the project?
3. It’s Pros and Cons?
4. Would this be a good investment if I buy a flat in resale which is 25% less that the market price?

Kindly assist.

Thanks
Attachments:
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think the possession for all the 3BHK's are provided. The current rate is around 4600+...so if you are getting 25% on this price then its a good deal..Location wise its on main Sohna road but the surrounding village has held its appreciation in long term compared to other projects on Sohna Road.

Construction is decent but i have heard of people complaining about seepage. So please check the flat and based on what you see take your decision.
    CommentQuote
  • Seepage poses threat to high-rises

The residents of JMD Garden, situated off the Sohna Road, are living on the brink of a collapse. The basements of 14 high-rise towers in the locality have been facing continuous seepages from the last two years. This has weakened the foundations of the 18-storey apartments. Though the basements are used to park vehicles, residents avoid parking their cars due to the fear of damaging vehicles.

The locality residents said they have been urging the developer to rectify the problem of seepage for nearly two years, but all in vain.

“All our complaints have fallen on deaf ears,” alleged a resident, adding that the continuous seepages had also damaged water and sewage pipelines.

“The seepage is damaging our vehicles. We don’t park our cars in the basements anymore. who will compensate us if our vehicles are damaged,” said another resident.

The gravity of the issue can be gauged from the fact that some residents have even sold their properties fearing damage to their apartments.

After all their efforts failed, the residents welfare association (RWA) approached Praveen Kumar, administrator, Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda), to find a solution to the problem.

“The Huda administrator has assured to look into the issue. He has appointed a team of officials to find a solution,” said Pradeep Doda, RWA president, JMD Garden. To protest the developer’s inability to address the issue, a group of 200 residents of JMD Garden, holding black flags and shouting slogans, had led a march from the locality to the office of the JMD Maintenance Private Limited last week.

Meanwhile, a senior official of the JMD Ltd refuted the allegations.

“The residents are trying to sensationalise the issue. The seepages will be repaired by a contractor in a fortnight,” said the JMD Limited official not wishing to be named.

Seepage poses threat to high-rises - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote
  • Cracks in walls...of a building 2 years old...
    Seepage...Bad lifts....
    High maintenance cost with bad maintenance people...

BTW what is the price you are being quoted for this project...?
    CommentQuote
  • entrance of jmd gardens has lot of jhopar patti and dhabas.. doesnt look very attractive..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cheettu
    entrance of jmd gardens has lot of jhopar patti and dhabas.. doesnt look very attractive..

ya rightly said
    CommentQuote
  • JMD Gardens Gurgaon - FEEDBACK

Need suggestions from the fellow members :

Is it worth buying JMD Gardens 1875sq ft at the current market level which is around 1.35 - 1.4Cr? The society do not have very good reputation in terms of upkeep and I heard people complaining of extreme seepage but there is nothing less than 1.5Cr on Sohna Road.

I own a 1450 unit in palm hills which I will have to liquidate (around 90% paid at the moment) and take additional loan.

Does it make sense to get a ready to move right now and invest in some another smaller property?

would greatly appreciate any feedback.
    CommentQuote
  • As identified by you project has lot of issues like seepage and maintainance, I would suggest to stay away because when other projects get delievered in vicinity JMD would loose the only advantage it has as RTM.

Other options you can look out for are Spaze 72, CHD 71, Palm Drive GCX, GPL Eden heights 70. All these would be in your budget.

You can further look into this thread-
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/49568-eden-heights-vs-spaze-privy-72-vs-the-enclave-vs-chd-avenue-gurgaon?t=51269
    CommentQuote
  • JMD Garden

Realvester,

I agree with Himrathore.

As far as nothing on Sohna Road being available in 1.35 Cr is concerned, if you look carefully you'll find options.

Originally Posted by Realvester
    Need suggestions from the fellow members :

Is it worth buying JMD Gardens 1875sq ft at the current market level which is around 1.35 - 1.4Cr? The society do not have very good reputation in terms of upkeep and I heard people complaining of extreme seepage but there is nothing less than 1.5Cr on Sohna Road.

I own a 1450 unit in palm hills which I will have to liquidate (around 90% paid at the moment) and take additional loan.

Does it make sense to get a ready to move right now and invest in some another smaller property?

would greatly appreciate any feedback.
    CommentQuote
  • I would say - just stay away..no matter what you are offered..i have seen a flat in the low rise towers and it was full of seepage!
    CommentQuote
  • E Palm Hills

E Palm Hills is a very good project. It has a 1. good location 2. good future prospects and 3. very good carpet area/ super area ratio.

I am not invested there but if I had a unit there, I would not sell it to buy anything else.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot of the suggestions, guys!!

Actually, I found the layout of the flat to be very great with good ventilation and sun-light and was thinking that maybe its priced reasonably compared to other properties of sohna road. But, from the feedback it looks clear that negative points far outweighs its positives.

Any other suggestion in this price range? I have looked at SPR projects but somehow that did not struck a cord with me and the main GCX projects have gone out of reach now.

Or is it better to invest in some smaller property (lets say a 2bhk on noida expressway) for the time being.
    CommentQuote
  • JMD Gardens has a very nice location. This housing society is nearest to NH8 among all on the Sohna Road. Its apartment layout is also excellent. All 3BHK & 4BHK apartments have nice wide balconies of east-side as well as west-side.

It is first residential project from JMD. JMD had touted at its launch that it will redefine the quality of residential segment. They promised that they will not leave any stone unturned to make sure its quality is same as that its commercial projects like JMD Regent Square. However,what actually happened was a different story altogether.

In Aug 2010, JMD started offering possession of its so-called luxury apartments tower-by-tower, which continued till Aug 2012. JMD didn't give any penalty to the investors, despite of delay of 3 to 5 years. Despite of the delay in construction, quality of the project was so bad that almost every wall had seepage, basement was filled with construction material. Top floor penthouses were still under construction & lifts were used by the construction labour for carrying the construction material. Since most of buyers were under dual pressure of house rent and EMI of home loan, therefore they decided to take the handover of the apartment, despite of several deficiencies.

Some of the key deficiencies the project are seepage in the building shafts, seepage in basement and poor quality lifts (which breakdown frequently). Security provided by JMD Maintenance is extremely poor and it employs underage as well as very old personnel. Stray dogs keep roaming in the campus and no effort is made by the JMD’s security to remove them.

The cruel irony of the situation is that on one hand, JMD Ltd boasts of building successful commercial projects like JMD Regent Square (it is building new projects like JMD Empire & JMD Suburbio) but on the other hand it has delivered such a poor quality in JMD Gardens project & has failed to fix them for three years. On one hand, JMD is running two premium hotels like Hilton DoubleTree & Hilton GardenInn in Gurgaon but on the other hand it provides such pathetic maintenance & security services to the residents of JMD Gardens.

Three years maintenance contract between the JMD Maintenance Services Ltd and most of the residents has already expired. The RWA has repeatedly made requests to JMD to handover the maintenance services to the RWA but JMD has refused this request without giving any good reason.
    CommentQuote
  • JMD has also recently added one tower of studio apartments called JMD Parkway to the campus of JMD Gardens. JMD is also unable to sell most of its penthouses in this project. That's why both studio apartments & penthouse are still under construction, despite of getting occupancy certificates of all the towers in Mar 2012.
    CommentQuote
  • Seepage blights highrise with flats worth crores

GURGAON: Ever since Anuradha moved into her dream home in JMD Garden, P block, Sector 33, in 2012, she has been facing myriad problems with seepage on the walls and ceilings of her house. Having invested over 1.5 crore, she had expected the best of interiors, but it has been the same two years later.

"We were shocked to see seepage in walls and ceilings the first time we had stepped into the apartment. We had booked an apartment in a township, assuming that this will at least ensure basic standards, but we're extremely disappointed. Not only does the exterior of our tower look worn-out, the seepage has damaged the walls in our living room," she said.

The JMD Garden township was built five years ago. Of its 17 blocks, 14 are high-rises with more than 17 floors each. The problem of seepage has affected more than 450 families residing here.

Residents said the problem was not limited to aesthetics alone. "Last month, I heard a loud sound as I stepped out of the bathroom. I was shocked to notice that a large chunk of false ceiling with plaster and cement had fallen off. By God's grace, I was out of the bathroom by then, else I would have been seriously injured," recounted Rajan, a resident of G block.

Rajeev Chauhan, an RWA member said the problem is worst in the basements. The maintenance staff keep 10 to 15 buckets there to avoid water stagnation.

Chauhan also alleged that the stagnation of water in the basement due to seepage had led to several cases of dengue in the condominium last year.

In response to the residents' concerns, Satish Khosla, vice-president of JMD projects, said, "I think there is a lack of cooperation among residents. Some families throw garbage and plastic bottles in the pipes. Due to this, pipes get blocked and lead to seepage. We have, however, sorted out the problem to a large extent. Almost 98% areas have been repaired."

Seepage blights highrise with flats worth crores - The Times of India
    CommentQuote