As I write this, global markets along with Indian sen have crashed today on concerns of another recession in the US. If this recession is similar to the one in 2008, we may see RE prices correct significantly.

Senior members please comment on whether we should hold onto new investments till the picture gets clear.....
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vshinde98
    As I write this, global markets along with Indian sen have crashed today on concerns of another recession in the US. If this recession is similar to the one in 2008, we may see RE prices correct significantly.

Senior members please comment on whether we should hold onto new investments till the picture gets clear.....

Dont get lured by price only...you must keep in mind the executional capability of the developer...you may get project A cheaper than project B....but what if project A does not get completed etc etc..
    CommentQuote
  • Global Outlook and RE and Gold and Sovereign debt etc

Hi
    Greetings

For those who like to increase their knowledge about factors that matter prices of Gold, Real Estate, Currencies, Stock markets, Sovereign Debt etc etc. the attached link is a must (even a non serious thinker:) has good entertainment value)
    This author was put behind bars without any conviction or trial by the USA, the torch bearer or rights and democracy, becauses he predicted the housing bubble burst, the stock market bubble burst and also the Govt debt crisis... He wrote from his cell in a federal jail in the US without any email, internet etc..
    He talks about India and its status and history as well.
    Best part is this vast repository of knowledge is free...
    Writings « Armstrong Economics

RE in India has to go a long way only if it is disassociated from both illegal and immoral..
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Pending another deep US recession, realty and gold prices will dramatically go up in India due to the wealth and currency security fears.
    CommentQuote

Comment from a non-senior member -
    It is certainly a matter of concern. Fear of another recession is very valid. But i also strongly believe that those who are in Indian RE for long term (5 yrs plus) will not only survive but will make good returns. Those who treat gurgaon RE market as a trading pit (speculation/short term gain) may need to worry.
    CommentQuote
  • RE v/s Gold v/s stocks v/s currency bust

Originally Posted by vkumar1
    Pending another deep US recession, realty and gold prices will dramatically go up in India due to the wealth and currency security fears.

Hi
    Greetings

No govt (including US) has ever paid debts in History charted over more than 1000 years.. Crisis is imminent..
    Check http://armstrongeconomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/armstrongeconomics-sovereign-debt-crisis-dancing-with-death-2-9-2011.pdf

Dont mind the rough print in PDF as was written from a jail cell with a decrepit typewriter.

Check the following link about future of Gold with respect to purchasing power of currency..
    ‪James Turk's presentation on the gold price and the US dollar‬‏ - YouTube

As far as real estate is concerned prices are bound to go north as currency is used to purchase RE and value of currency is diminishing by the day.

Finally all profits should ideally be converted to gold for long term value restoration..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Amazing share Blessu jee, I owe you a chicken burger (read as cheese burger in case you are a veggie) :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

Originally Posted by youngturk
    Amazing share Blessu jee, I owe you a chicken burger (read as cheese burger in case you are a veggie) :)

Hi youngturk
    Greetings

Thanks for the appreciation.. well the insight and bandwidth of this writer surpasses any that I have discovered over a long time.. Good story as most of his articles throughout the first decade of the current century were written from a jail cell and with no access to internet.

Martin Armstrong has absolute grip over the history of trade, commerce, industry, politics, currency, gold, commodities, stock market, housing, oil etc etc..

Amazing stuff

I bet time will come soon when we will be buying stuff in gold!!

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Great News

Have to agree.
    Economics is a science(?) that defies logic. (Would you really consider that economics is a science?) I see a lot of readers here shout blasphemy.
    Sorry I don't have much formal formal education.
    In hindsight, I do not worry about that much. I remember a Joke(?) I read somewhere "I do not have an education, so I will have use my intelligence".
    How apt.
    Does your education prevents you from using your intelligence?
    If you were an average villager would anybody have tried to sell you a particular brand of soap or carbonated sweet drink only because Amitab Bachan or Amjad Khan is drinking it?
    If you were an uneducated villager you would'nt have purchased that mutual fund from a sleazy organisation only because a beautiful girl was chanting hum hei na?
    Sorry friends, the Modern Times as pictured by Charlie Chaplin is coming to an end.
    Most of the Modern Business or economics is based on our animal nature.
    i.e. The egos of smart(meaning average) people instigate the animal fears of ordinary (typically educated) people to elicit a group(animal) response .
    This is typical of modern times.
    But may be we are in the threshold of converting into a CIVILIZED SOCIETY.
    Perhaps it is time we start to believe in our intelligence. I believe that the world is in the verge of converting into a civilized world from a modern world. From a world controlled by fear and ego to a world controlled by courage and ideas.
    The world of tomorrow will not be controlled by any Corporations or individuals (more precisely their egos) but by ideas and by courage.
    More later.
    CommentQuote

This is not similar to the crash in 2008. In 2008, there was a systematic failure in the structure of market as a result of poisonous assets. It was a result of huge amount of debt which could not be repaid.
    Thankfully, at least for now, US does not face this crisis. Its debt can be repaid if it goes for a further decrease in fiscal deficit. While the demand would surely come down in US, the people who would be affected would be America's poor who for once would start living as poor.
    CommentQuote