Folks,

I wanted to know your views on DLF NTH. What do you think of this project? I was launched in 2009 2250 and the current price is around 2700.

Now if I look at the project; its in advanced stages of development. The sample flat at NTH is fabulous. And flats that are being recently launched in that area are being sold for >2700 psft. This project has a 3 years head-start on the recently launched projects and its DLF quality construction. To add to that DLF is creating a 90 meter road from NH8 to NTH.

Is this project good for investment?
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good Investment poised for a leap

I think that with all the development happening in that area, it is a good investment. I own a flat and had an offer to buy at 3000. I think it will soon touch 4000 per sq. ft.
    CommentQuote
  • what is the time frame do you expect the rate to touch 4000. 4000 in that area is too optimistic, my POV
    CommentQuote
  • DLF is expected to give possession to the customers around June/July next year. If that is accurate then the rates will rise for this property atleast to the rates of still to be started projects on Dwarika Expressway. My guess would be the rate would be close to 4000 in a 1 year time. Remember ready-to-move in property gives the highest premium.

I am hoping to get 4000-2700 = 1300 i.e. 48% premium in 1 year. That is what was attracting me towards DLF even in this eco state.

Please comment.

Originally Posted by propsearch
    what is the time frame do you expect the rate to touch 4000. 4000 in that area is too optimistic, my POV
    CommentQuote
  • I have been to that place two weeks back, there you can see only farm lands. even if DLF gives possession it will be very difficult to stay their. no amenities, i personlay feel that living there at this stage will be unsecure as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul05
    DLF is expected to give possession to the customers around June/July next year. If that is accurate then the rates will rise for this property atleast to the rates of still to be started projects on Dwarika Expressway. My guess would be the rate would be close to 4000 in a 1 year time. Remember ready-to-move in property gives the highest premium.

I am hoping to get 4000-2700 = 1300 i.e. 48% premium in 1 year. That is what was attracting me towards DLF even in this eco state.

Please comment.

rahul05,

I am sure NTH even averagely located should be around Rs 3000 psf.

The prices would jump a bit around possession however i.e is true like any other property in Gurgaon. As an investor you you may have factor that you would have to invest around 70% payment plus premium upfront to calculate your return.

However good news is that road leading NTH directly from NH8 is under construction and it is motorable even now. Hence it being in farmlands and approach being poor may not hold good. I feel within 2.5 years this place will surely be habitable Dwarka express way or not. Another point the sample flat is pretty impressive.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul05
    Folks,

I wanted to know your views on DLF NTH. What do you think of this project? I was launched in 2009 2250 and the current price is around 2700.

Now if I look at the project; its in advanced stages of development. The sample flat at NTH is fabulous. And flats that are being recently launched in that area are being sold for >2700 psft. This project has a 3 years head-start on the recently launched projects and its DLF quality construction. To add to that DLF is creating a 90 meter road from NH8 to NTH.

Is this project good for investment?

Rahul/Sanjeev, can you guys lend any reference of a broker/seller. I may be interested in NTH. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • My perspective as an investor:
    1) Property was launched at 2150 almost 3 years back and though is nearing completion is still lingering at 2700-2900. Not very impressive ROI as compared to other gurgaon projects.
    2) Bunch of launches in that area with comparable/better specs where my payment will be spread out. Here I will have to pay a larger premium and disburse higher payment.
    3) Not much rental income will be generated after completion as the property is in middle of nowhere.

My perspective as an end user:
    1) Why buy a property so far off from central gurgaon when I can get comparable rates in sectors 37c,d with better specs.
    2) Only motorable roads wouldn't make this area inhabitable. Schools,colleges, hospitals need to come up in vicinity too. Looking at a time frame of minimum 5 or more years for that to come up here.
    3) If Dlf name at this rate is what is forcing my decision then their project in Manesar with same specs is a much better bet. Then again that would be good if my job is in Manesar otherwise it is a long commute to central gurgaon.At least that area is inhabitable and could generate very decent rental income.

Hopefully some of you might share my perspective. For others who don't, sorry can't give you back your 2 minutes of life which you spent on reading this post. :)
    CommentQuote
  • I have seen in various posts and discussions where it is felt NTH has given poor return since its launch 3 years back i.e. 2150 to now 3000 psft hence it is a poor investment.

According to my POV the return has indeed been low over last 3.5 years or so primarily because it was sold very high for following reasons
    1. it was peak time before recession set in.
    2 It's investors were primarily NRIs and probably they still make majority, and they had invested in name of DLF and without seeing the actual site. Any way subsequently even they got some discounts on 2150.

However now the prices are pretty much market linked people now exactly know where it is and its relative distant location is very much factored in its cost as most projects near NH-8 even by relatively poor builders are being sold at 3500 to 4000 psf. Infact last 6 months has seen substantial movement and sale price has moved from 2500 to crossing 3000 psf.

Hence buying NTH 3 years back was expensive however now it is market linked and hence returns now also would be linked to over all growth of these sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by propsearch
    I have been to that place two weeks back, there you can see only farm lands. even if DLF gives possession it will be very difficult to stay their. no amenities, i personlay feel that living there at this stage will be unsecure as well.

I second that I had also visited this place a month ago and there is nothing other than those towers.. I would rather suggest to invest in Vipul Lavanya which is on the same road and is just 1.9 KM away from NH 8.
    CommentQuote
  • This is a duplicate thread & is being closed .

For further information & discussion on this project, please visit:

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/16940-new-town-heights-by-dlf-in-sector-86-90-91-new-gurgaon?t=19138
    CommentQuote