Hello,

I'm new in here.

Could someone please advice if its a good idea to purchase an independent floor in Unitech's South City 2 by Unitech Developers for end use?

the time of delivery is 2-2.5 years which got me interested in the project in the first place ..

But i checked out the location this morning and the surroundings are largely inhabited with ample markets, etc..

What I am concerned about is the return on investment on this property 4-5 years down the line..

Plus I'd also appreciate if people in here could give some details regarding the finished quality of Unitech, and or other parameters I may be missing out on.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Read more
Reply
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • That's a lot of views and not one reply.. :(

    Looking forward to your views.
    CommentQuote
  • hi lacune,
    you must be talking about the I block floors on 360/500 Y plots.

    i think they are priced at 1 cr +. now south city 2 per se is a decent place to stay sharing facilities with nirvana. the only issue i see is that there are still floors available there in resale at 85-95 L on 300/370 plot size so not too sure about appreciation. but they are ok priced seeing the new launch rates lately.
    whats in favour is that its a developed place with ammenities around.

    unitech floor const is at best average..

    Originally Posted by lacuna
    Hello,

    I'm new in here.

    Could someone please advice if its a good idea to purchase an independent floor in Unitech's south city 2 for end use?

    the time of delivery is 2-2.5 years which got me interested in the project in the firts place.

    But i checked out the location this morning and the surroundings are largely inhabited with ample markets, etc..

    What I am concerned about is the return on investment on this property 4-5 years down the line..

    Plus I'd also appreciate if people in here could give some details regarding the finished quality of Unitech, and or other parameters I may be missing out on.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Amit,

    I have a couple of follow up questions if that's alright..

    1) I was also looking at Emaar-mgf's Palm gardens.. really liked their display aprtment. But i was of the opinion that appreciation would be better in low rise floors as compared to high rise apartments. Plus I'm not sure how long it could take them to deliver the project and for the nearby facilities to come around.

    2) Could you also suggest some other low floor options?

    Thanks a lot.. :)

    Originally Posted by AmitMM
    hi lacune,
    you must be talking about the I block floors on 360/500 Y plots.

    i think they are priced at 1 cr +. now south city 2 per se is a decent place to stay sharing facilities with nirvana. the only issue i see is that there are still floors available there in resale at 85-95 L on 300/370 plot size so not too sure about appreciation. but they are ok priced seeing the new launch rates lately.
    whats in favour is that its a developed place with ammenities around.

    unitech floor const is at best average..
    CommentQuote
  • the appreciation view between and high rise and floors is divided with each having its own position.

    the floor options which are currently be looked at are
    1. woodstock floors in nirvana country- various sizes - delivery 6-12 months
    2. orcid island- next to artemis hospital- again delivery 12 months
    3. emerald floorse.floor premier- 267/350 Y delivery 18-24 months
    4. anthea- delivery 36-42 months
    5. ansal essentia 24-30 months
    6.bptp astaire garden. god knows when:bab (45):

    for PG take 36-42 months for delivery. you should be able to use the gcx/sohna facilities as SPR would be ready and the distance would be 8 kms( roughly the distance between sec 56 and MG rd).

    Originally Posted by lacuna
    Thanks Amit,

    I have a couple of follow up questions if that's alright..

    1) I was also looking at Emaar-mgf's Palm gardens.. really liked their display aprtment. But i was of the opinion that appreciation would be better in low rise floors as compared to high rise apartments. Plus I'm not sure how long it could take them to deliver the project and for the nearby facilities to come around.

    2) Could you also suggest some other low floor options?

    Thanks a lot.. :)
    CommentQuote
  • at the risk of being classified as a bug :(

    Thank you Amit sir for providing with all the details.
    I have one (big) final favor to ask of you. That is, your expert advice on this dilemma i find myself in. Could you please suggest me the best possible project given my requirements:

    1) I require the house for end-use and hope to move in within 2-3 years. Thus, I hope to have a house I'd like to live in.. you know with good construction and finish quality, etc.
    2) I require a 3BHK appartment spread over 1800-2000 sqft.
    3) I would prefer a floor, but am okay with high rise apartments as well.
    4) I would also like a good return on my investment were I to sell it in 4-5 years time.
    5) I hope to have the basic amenities for my family around the place, namely a decent market, etc..
    6) A good builder that keeps most of the promises he makes.
    7) I have a budget of 1-1.5 cr.

    I know its a lot to ask :|, but as I have almost no knowledge of real estate in gurgaon, I hope to gain something from your advice.

    Many thanks in advance.. :)

    Originally Posted by AmitMM
    the appreciation view between and high rise and floors is divided with each having its own position.

    the floor options which are currently be looked at are
    1. woodstock floors in nirvana country- various sizes - delivery 6-12 months
    2. orcid island- next to artemis hospital- again delivery 12 months
    3. emerald floorse.floor premier- 267/350 Y delivery 18-24 months
    4. anthea- delivery 36-42 months
    5. ansal essentia 24-30 months
    6.bptp astaire garden. god knows when:bab (45):

    for PG take 36-42 months for delivery. you should be able to use the gcx/sohna facilities as SPR would be ready and the distance would be 8 kms( roughly the distance between sec 56 and MG rd).
    CommentQuote
  • I would greatly appreciate replies from anyone in here, this being a big step and all.

    Thank you
    CommentQuote
  • hi,
    a budget of 1.5 cr will cover most properties which can meet your criteria of end use/appreciation and ammenities.. look at

    a. Ready to move- parkview 1/vipul green- both will come at 1.35-1.45 for 2 bhk 1850 sq ft. good const well maintained.

    b. unitech prop- close/escape/wood stock floor- 2000 odd sq ft/500Y g-f floor-2400 q ft. some ready other 6-12 months delivery

    c. under const.-- palm drive 2150 sq ft- delivery 12-18 months. nice layout/good location

    d. UC- parkview spa next 1900 sq ft/ again bestech has good const. location a challenge. advantage at lower end of your budget.

    could also look at orchid island. good location but lack of club/green puts it lower on my list..


    Originally Posted by lacuna
    Thank you Amit sir for providing with all the details.
    I have one (big) final favor to ask of you. That is, your expert advice on this dilemma i find myself in. Could you please suggest me the best possible project given my requirements:

    1) I require the house for end-use and hope to move in within 2-3 years. Thus, I hope to have a house I'd like to live in.. you know with good construction and finish quality, etc.
    2) I require a 3BHK appartment spread over 1800-2000 sqft.
    3) I would prefer a floor, but am okay with high rise apartments as well.
    4) I would also like a good return on my investment were I to sell it in 4-5 years time.
    5) I hope to have the basic amenities for my family around the place, namely a decent market, etc..
    6) A good builder that keeps most of the promises he makes.
    7) I have a budget of 1-1.5 cr.

    I know its a lot to ask :|, but as I have almost no knowledge of real estate in gurgaon, I hope to gain something from your advice.

    Many thanks in advance.. :)
    CommentQuote
  • South City II protests maintenance fee hike

    GURGAON: Residents of South City II have been protesting for the last three days, demanding basic amenities in return for the high maintenance charges they pay to the builder.

    On Saturday, they alleged that maintenance charges have been hiked in spite of poor sanitation, erratic water supply and absence of medical services in the township. Also the colony's community centre is being used for commercial purposes.

    They alleged that they were forced to live in unacceptable conditions even though the developers regularly increased the maintenance charges over the years. "

    The rates have been increased without prior consultation with residents and the RWA," said K K Singh, joint secretary of South City II RWA.

    Some residents alleged that the developer recently withdrew a few security guards, cleaning staffers and horticulturists. "Security is a major concern in the colony now. The builder has withdrawn several security guards to cut costs. I have no option but to restrict my children from going out in the evening," said Namarta Singh, a resident.

    Residents also expressed concern about commercial use of community centre and absence of a dispensary in the colony. "The developer sold off the community centre to some private company. Residents have to pay a heavy amount to the private firm to book the community centre.

    Besides, the land allocated for a medical dispensary has been sold off to a private hospital, which is hardly of any use to the residents," said Shanta Ram, 50, who has been living in the colony for the last 10 years.

    Meanwhile, a Unitech spokesperson said the residents owed the builder maintenance dues to the tune of Rs 3.5 crore. "The residents are yet to pay pending charges of over Rs 3.5 crore. Moreover, they are not paying the current maintenance fee either. It is becoming difficult to finance the services which are provided to them," the spokesperson said.

    "We have increased the maintenance fee from Rs 2.50/sq yard to only Rs 3.50/sq yard in 11 years and that too because input and manpower costs have gone up substantially. The protest is all the more surprising as the new charge was fixed in consultation with the residents and the RWA and they have been provided with the cost break-up of the various charges," he said.









    South City II protests maintenance fee hike - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

    How is south city 2 F block from end use perspective. I found it rather unoccupied. How is the security in this block.
    Any inputs from your experience will be appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • South City II RWA takes over colony's upkeep

    GURGAON: The district administration has ordered the transfer of non-mandatory services from the developer to the RWA of South City II. The move came after such services were handed over to Nirvana Country in August.

    According to an order issued by the deputy commissioner, non-mandatory services such as security, power back-up and horticulture should be transferred to the RWA immediately. Mandatory services, including water supply, drainage, common area lighting, on the other hand, will continue to be provided by the developer.

    Applauding the initiative of the district administration, SC Sharma, president of South City II RWA, said, "We have been demanding the transfer of services for a long time now. It is important so that residents can participate in the functioning of the colony and get better services for themselves."

    "Recently, there has been a spate of robberies in the colony. The RWA can now hire a better security service, depending on the needs of the residents," said Sachin, a resident of block A of South City II.

    According to the residents of Nirvana Country, the condition in the township has improved since the RWA took over the non-mandatory services. "Now, we have better security staff. The best thing is that the RWA is quite responsive to the residents' needs. Earlier, we were forced to use security services given by the developer. Besides, the RWA is training stray dogs for patrolling of the society," said Deepti, a resident of Nirvana Country.

    Deputy commissioner T L Satyaprakash said that empowering the RWAs in the city was important. "There is a need to transfer responsibility to the RWA if the residents are not satisfied with the services provided by the developer. Non-mandatory services in South City II have been transferred to the RWA," Satyaprakash said.

    When asked about the plans to empower more RWAs in the city, he said, "It depends on the coordinated efforts of RWAs. If the residents are dissatisfied and want to work on coordination for the betterment of their entire colony, they should be allowed to take over the non-mandatory services, at least."

    When contacted, a spokesperson for the developer, Unitech, refused to comment on the matter.







    South City II RWA takes over colony's upkeep - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • What should be the ongoing rate for bigger plots 360 sqyd or 500 sqyd in this distress market?

    I heard somebody strike a deal for 2.4 crore for 500 sqyd, (C Block - Plot no 147). I am not sure whether around 50K is ongoing rate for these higher sizes plots or this was because of some distress deal...

    Is it possible to get 360 sqyd plot between 50K to 55K?

    Also if anybody has an idea whether bank loan can be availed for these plots. I don't want to construct the house for next 2-3 years on this plot.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello, Is 1.45 Cr for a 2400 ft floor a good price in Unitech South City 2 (I am looking to buy - this is offered price - 1st floor out of 3). Any opinions appreciated.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • rinkeljindal2 years ago
      In which Block..and what is the size of the plot?