Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Scale Business Ideas

Collapse
X
Collapse

Small Scale Business Ideas

Last updated: January 26 2012
42 | Posts
13591 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Small Scale Business Ideas

    India is going to see lot of entrepreneurs in coming decades I am starting this thread to discuss business ideas.

    1) This is to share the knowledge and experience of different members.

    2) We can discuss the feasibility of different ideas and experienced members can comments and provide relevant feedback.

    3) We need to have constructive analysis and criticism of different ideas and no shooting the messenger.

    4) The Thread is aimed at increasing the overall Investment awareness and not for soliciting.

    5) We already have enough threads on Real Estate Stocks/Commodities on this forum. Let us concentrate on other investment/business ideas here.

    The starting capital for the Business can be
    1) 5 to 10 lakhs.
    2) 10 to 20 Lakhs
    3) 20 to 50 lakhs
    4) 50 Lakhs to 1 Crore.
    5) 1Cr +

    It can be a active full time business or Side Business generating passive income like rentals.

    Few samples Ideas that I have come up with are

    1) Selling things on E-bay
    2) Getting a dealership Nestle / Honda etc
    3) Starting a food joint.
    4) Farming or leasing Farm
    5) Renting Cabs

    Note: Please write meaningful and useful posts only. Let us refrain from posts which may not add any value e.g. one liners like "Thanks" "great.."
    Last edited September 13 2011, 12:07 PM.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

    Something interesting, i saw on youtube -


    Isang Litrong Liwanag ADVERTISEMENT - YouTube
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

      Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
      Something interesting, i saw on youtube -


      Isang Litrong Liwanag ADVERTISEMENT - YouTube
      Nice Video Manoja. What are your views on Cab Business in Gurgaon ?

      If we Buy 4 Cabs (close to 20 lakhs or on loan) and have drivers hired. How much return can be expected and prospects in future after 2-3 years?

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

        1. Franchise of good brands is a growing business. It is also an real estate play on the side. Your investment in real estate (showroom space) grows along with regular income from business.

        2. Petrol Pumps: Once again a real estate play with regular income selling something for which demand will likely never go down (petrol). There were 2-3 ads in The Hindustan Times of Sep 15 by HPCL and BPCL inviting applications from people for opening petrol pumps in areas across Delhi and UP. Of course investment required is high if one includes the cost of land for petrol pump and I assume payment of big amounts as bribe will be mandatory. So this is an opportunity for those with deep pockets.

        3. Play schools and day care is a growing business. With nuclear families becoming more common in big cities, there is growing demand for quality day care for infants and young kids.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

          Originally posted by silly_boy20
          naukari karo sarkari nahi to becho tarkari
          Ha Ha Ha.....

          When Anna Agitation was on in full swing, one of my friend put status as:

          "All my friends who left private job and shifted to Patna / Allahabad for IAS preperation might want to review their decision, since it appears that , JanLokPal Bill might get passed" :P
          A Desi, far away from Desh !!!

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

            Originally posted by ThePunjabi View Post
            1. Franchise of good brands is a growing business. It is also an real estate play on the side. Your investment in real estate (showroom space) grows along with regular income from business.
            Can you give more details ?

            1) like how much investment is needed and which products are best to start with ?

            2) Will it be a full time business or part time ?

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

              Could give decent yield . The problem is handling of the Drivers . A work class, real difficult to handle . So, if one has the mentality to match with the Drivers, could give decent returns .

              A friend here in Shimla ( Shimla being a tourist place ) runs a travel agency & has a fleet of 12/13 taxis . He earns decent money from his Taxi business, but his language ( after dealing with the Drivers ) is horrific .

              Originally posted by Reevaa View Post
              Nice Video Manoja. What are your views on Cab Business in Gurgaon ?

              If we Buy 4 Cabs (close to 20 lakhs or on loan) and have drivers hired. How much return can be expected and prospects in future after 2-3 years?
              Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

                Originally posted by Reevaa View Post
                Can you give more details ?

                1) like how much investment is needed and which products are best to start with ?

                2) Will it be a full time business or part time ?
                Franchise of most brands will be full time business. I have no idea what are the best products to start with.

                Say, you are opening a franchise of a garments brand. You will need showroom space, you will need to get the interior of the showroom done and then cost of staff, advertising, inventory and everything that comes with a retail business. Prices of these things vary from area to area and from business to business. You will need to make a good business plan.

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

                  Originally posted by ThePunjabi View Post
                  Franchise of most brands will be full time business. I have no idea what are the best products to start with.

                  Say, you are opening a franchise of a garments brand. You will need showroom space, you will need to get the interior of the showroom done and then cost of staff, advertising, inventory and everything that comes with a retail business. Prices of these things vary from area to area and from business to business. You will need to make a good business plan.
                  On the contrary, what I am aware is that the brands gets the interiors done so they have a consistency all accross their outlets. Also if it a brand like Pizza Hut or Subway or Mc Ds they provide the machinery as well at their cost.

                  The investment on a high level mostly in the scenario is,
                  Fixed Cost
                  1) Commercial space to match the standard size descriptions of the brands.
                  2) Franchise royalty to use the brand name

                  Variable Cost
                  1) Staff required to handle the work
                  2) Transportation as needed

                  Ongoing cost
                  1) You pay the brand a % of the income each month. This varies for brand to brand like I think for Subway is b/w 5-10% and for Pizza Hut its as high as 20-25%.

                  I may be wrong but one of my friend was hunting to acquire one such eating joint when he told me a bit about it.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : Small Scale Business Ideas

                    Originally posted by Reevaa View Post
                    Can you give more details ?

                    1) like how much investment is needed and which products are best to start with ?

                    2) Will it be a full time business or part time ?
                    Is this some sort of Project report ur trying to complete by taaking surveys from ppl without their knowledge............

                    SOme time ago I got some PM from a member (something like this for RE)
                    who was wanting some views about some things

                    I mean its nothing wrong in it but atleast ppl should be aware about it......

                    Comment

                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X