Sort by :
Filter by :
- Originally Posted by sharmafireGovt to reclaim 1,900 acres of Sohna land
Farmhouses To Get Eviction Notice, Officials Face Action, 20 Yrs After Landgrab
Tanushree Roy Chowdhury TNN
Gurgaon: In a major crackdown on the land mafia, the district administration has ordered transfer of close to 1,900 acres of land in Sohna region back to the local municipal committee. This has happened 20 years after the land was allegedly grabbed.
With this the earlier titles of this land stand dissolved, say officials. This includes 150 acres on which farmhouses have come up. The area falls inside the Aravalli forest area on Sohna-Tauru road. The land was bought by a private developer in the late 1990s, allegedly in violation of the Forest Act and sections 4&5 of the Punjab Land Preservation Act (PLPA), according to officials. According to the norms, any land falling under the PLPA can’t be used for non-forest activity without prior approval from the ministry of environment and forest.
Gurgaon deputy commissioner P C Meena told TOI that notices for evacuation will be sent soon to the owners of these farmhouses. “Criminal cases will be lodged against all revenue officials found guilty and disciplinary action will also be initiated. Due process of law will be followed to send notices. The legal procedures have already been initiated,” he confirmed.
Revenue department officials said there are more violations in the case of these farmhouses. While under the norms, the total built-up area on a two-acre farmhouse cannot be over 850 sq ft, many of these properties have been built much beyond this limit.
According to revenue records, 1,900 acres of land had been mutated in names of different individuals between 1990 and 2000. However, all the land is shamlat deh i.e it is meant for the common purpose of village development.
Under the law, the villagers have shares but the common land remains undivided. However, in this case, the land mafia colluded with the revenue officials and fraudulently partitioned the land and registered the plots in the names of individual farmers/villagers. These were then sold off further and registered in the names of private players, including real estate players.
The villagers had complained to the district administration recently and an inquiry into the case exposed the allegedly gross violations.
Revenue records show that 80% of the 1,900 acres is agricultural land and free from construction and can be immediately utilized by the Sohna municipal committee for developmental activities. However, 20% of the land has dwelling units around the municipal office and over 70 farmhouses inside the Aravallis.
The deputy commissioner has confirmed that once the fraud came to light, the revenue office was immediately instructed to stop registration of all sale deeds for these lands. The administration has already initiated a demolition drive in some parts.
GETTING IT BACK: The 1,900 acres of land is meant for village development and not for private ownership. Eviction notices will soon be sent to the farmhouse owners
Late 1990's??..by now the original buyer would have sold off most of the property, and registration deeds done for the sale by Haryana govt. most of the farmhouse owners would be in as sorry a state as the farmers / villagers asking the land backCommentQuote0Flag
- Any details on which sectors is this ? or which r the adjacent Sectors ?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by MANOJaAny details on which sectors is this ? or which r the adjacent Sectors ?
The article says Sohna land ..looks like it will be land around Sohna and not sohna road landCommentQuote0Flag
- ye farm house hai ansals ke..aravali naam ke...this is as per ma knowledge...CommentQuote0Flag
- U could be right . I had heard regarding some dispute on Ansal's Farm houses . This was long time back .Originally Posted by newguyreye farm house hai ansals ke..aravali naam ke...this is as per ma knowledge...CommentQuote0Flag
- haanji manoj bhaiya tabhi to 2 acre ka farmhouse 60 lakh ka mil jata tha thode mahine pehle....abka mujhe pata nahiCommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by newguyrehaanji manoj bhaiya tabhi to 2 acre ka farmhouse 60 lakh ka mil jata tha thode mahine pehle....abka mujhe pata nahi
ab to aur sasta ho gaya hoga due to all these news?CommentQuote0Flag