Ongoing Plot Rates in Gurgaon

Last updated: August 25 2013
17 | Posts
6290 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing Plot Rates in Gurgaon

As we all r investing either in plots or flats or both...

Would b gr8 2 discuss which is better for better returns....

Re : Ongoing Plot Rates in Gurgaon

I thin short term it will flats i mean returns within an year....but longer term has to be plots for sure..

Comment

thats a given ..Plots in 3-5 years time frame give much more..eg..vatika plots 2 years back 18000 now 40000. malibu 28000 now 70000, emmar 30000 now 75000, vipul 27000 now 55000..2 years also i have taken extreme ....infact in some cases it only last 1 and half...

Comment

Difference is black vs white
        Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

thankfully this factor is now less due to quite a few new plot options which are all white...
          long term plots anyday...

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          Difference is black vs white

Comment

Originally posted by AmitMM View Post
            thankfully this factor is now less due to quite a few new plot options which are all white...
            long term plots anyday...
            I will quote an example... The house that we live in today... its in Delhi in Pitampura about 250 sq yards.

It was available at about 50 K in 1980... around 1990 some people sold off their plots at about 3-4 Lakhs . It was considered huge at that time. In 1995 -96 the rate went up to 15 -20 Lakh... It was mind blowing... the people who had invested in 1980, it was 40-50 times return in 15 years, i.e 4000 to 5000 %. The parents of one of our friends sold of his plot at main road for about 35 lakhs, and bought a gas agency, a flat and a car. We all friends tried to force our parents to follow the trend, but they didnt budge.

Around Year 2000, the rate was about 1 crore, which one of my friends predicted will reach 5 crores.
            We all laughed at him.

Year 2011... A friend sold off his plot for 10 crores (size 200 sq yards)
            It has been resold thrice, the last time at 11.5 crores, a month back...

So ours is almost at 15 Crores if not more ! Try calucating ROI on it...

Now the guy who had purchased the flat at that point ... He bought it at 13 Lakhs... Its currently around 1 Crore. Suppose he had bought three from all the money he had... it would have been 3 crors today... So plots effectively grew 5 times more during this period !

I rest my case !
            If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Comment

Very true!!!!!! Rightly said!!!!

Nowadays plots are just of reach in Delhi....

So in Gurgaon one should go for plots or flats?????

Seniors......INputs ????

Comment

decided i go for vtika india next new launch gated power backed plots. at 52000 they are a bit expensive now but in 5 years i am sure it will touch 75-100

Comment

Originally posted by zorin111 View Post
                  I will quote an example... The house that we live in today... its in Delhi in Pitampura about 250 sq yards.

It was available at about 50 K in 1980... around 1990 some people sold off their plots at about 3-4 Lakhs . It was considered huge at that time. In 1995 -96 the rate went up to 15 -20 Lakh... It was mind blowing... the people who had invested in 1980, it was 40-50 times return in 15 years, i.e 4000 to 5000 %. The parents of one of our friends sold of his plot at main road for about 35 lakhs, and bought a gas agency, a flat and a car. We all friends tried to force our parents to follow the trend, but they didnt budge.

Around Year 2000, the rate was about 1 crore, which one of my friends predicted will reach 5 crores.
                  We all laughed at him.

Year 2011... A friend sold off his plot for 10 crores (size 200 sq yards)
                  It has been resold thrice, the last time at 11.5 crores, a month back...

So ours is almost at 15 Crores if not more ! Try calucating ROI on it...

Now the guy who had purchased the flat at that point ... He bought it at 13 Lakhs... Its currently around 1 Crore. Suppose he had bought three from all the money he had... it would have been 3 crors today... So plots effectively grew 5 times more during this period !

I rest my case !
                  No doubt more often than not plots give better returns than apartments in the longer run but location/luck also plays a crucial factor. I know a lot of people in old Gurgaon who had sold off their plots in old Gurgaon and invested in apartments in new Gurgaon and ended up getting better returns than what they could've received holding on to their plots. Also, I feel it is grossly unfair to even talk about ROI till one liquidates his/her property. On paper, prices keep increasing but it is only till one goes in the market to find a buyer for his/her property that one gets a true picture. Expensive properties may not always be the easiest to dispose off. Holding one prime property is like keeping all eggs in one basket. Something else which can be discussed as a separate topic is also whether it is wise to keep holding a 15-20 crore property or to invest 15-20 crore in 5-6 properties(couple of crores each) for 10-11 years in future because I feel:
                  A) One can get a bigger and better construction in one of those properties for living purposes and rest can be held for longer duration.
                  B) After 10-11 years 15-20 crore property may not go to 50 crore and again finding a buyer at that rate may be difficult. Properties appreciate to a certain level and then prices get stagnant for quite a while.
                  C) Over this period, other properties at a lesser sum should be easier to liquidate and collectively may have a much better chance to appreciate.
                  Again, this is just my POV and I am sure quite a lot will differ with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ggnkaaadmi View Post
                    No doubt more often than not plots give better returns than apartments in the longer run but location/luck also plays a crucial factor. I know a lot of people in old Gurgaon who had sold off their plots in old Gurgaon and invested in apartments in new Gurgaon and ended up getting better returns than what they could've received holding on to their plots. Also, I feel it is grossly unfair to even talk about ROI till one liquidates his/her property. On paper, prices keep increasing but it is only till one goes in the market to find a buyer for his/her property that one gets a true picture. Expensive properties may not always be the easiest to dispose off. Holding one prime property is like keeping all eggs in one basket. Something else which can be discussed as a separate topic is also whether it is wise to keep holding a 15-20 crore property or to invest 15-20 crore in 5-6 properties(couple of crores each) for 10-11 years in future because I feel:
                    A) One can get a bigger and better construction in one of those properties for living purposes and rest can be held for longer duration.
                    B) After 10-11 years 15-20 crore property may not go to 50 crore and again finding a buyer at that rate may be difficult. Properties appreciate to a certain level and then prices get stagnant for quite a while.
                    C) Over this period, other properties at a lesser sum should be easier to liquidate and collectively may have a much better chance to appreciate.
                    Again, this is just my POV and I am sure quite a lot will differ with it.
                    I completely agree with what you have said ! 100% true
                    If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X