Hello Frenz,

I am an engineer working in Middle East. I am interested in buying a flat in Delhi/ NCR region. My budget is 50 to 55 lakhs and i would prefer a 2 or 3 BHK flat in prime location; with a reliable builder.

My requirements - i basically, wish to purchase a flat for temporary stay, as a vacation or getaway spot. i don't plan to stay there permanently or rent it. Moreover, i don't have much contacts in this area. So, i am looking for a secure and reliable construction group.

I did some ground work on this issue which i would like to share with you all.

1. JP - They have a good reputation. Their projects are Kosmos, Krescent and Garden Isles (all in Noida). Kosmos/ Krescent are almost fully booked ( ~ 90 %) while bookings are on for Garden Isles (newly launched). Rate - < 4000 per sq.feet. From what i have gathered from online discussions, i feel their projects are very slow and they don't meet their deadline. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

2. The 3C - They speak a lot of green buildings which are energy efficient. Their main projects are Lotus Panache, Lotus Boulevard (both in Noida) Lotus Panache is fully booked & Lotus Boulevard is available but very expensive ( 5,800 per sq.feet) so, beyond my budget. They have an upcoming project, 3C Sports village. I called the 3C sales and was told that when booking opens, the rates shall be low and i may find a deal within my budget.

3. Amrapali group - They have projects; the Heartbeat city and Hanging Gardens in Noida in prime locations. However, there were some negative reviews regarding their reputation and quality of accommodations. I liked their single room fully furnished, available in Hanging gardens.

4. DLF - They have 2 project in Gurgaon which are totally sold out except for few 4 BHK flats that are beyond my budget. I wish they had more projects in the Delhi/ NCR region.

Having shared whatever info i collected, i request members to help me with more information (esp. those who have a good idea of real estate in Delhi-NCR) and correct me if i have picked up any wrong cues. Please help me decide the best deal to suit my requirements as i posted above.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sunnytomy
    Hello Frenz,

I am an engineer working in Middle East. I am interested in buying a flat in Delhi/ NCR region. My budget is 50 to 55 lakhs and i would prefer a 2 or 3 BHK flat in prime location; with a reliable builder.

My requirements - i basically, wish to purchase a flat for temporary stay, as a vacation or getaway spot. i don't plan to stay there permanently or rent it. Moreover, i don't have much contacts in this area. So, i am looking for a secure and reliable construction group.

I did some ground work on this issue which i would like to share with you all.

1. JP - They have a good reputation. Their projects are Kosmos, Krescent and Garden Isles (all in Noida). Kosmos/ Krescent are almost fully booked ( ~ 90 %) while bookings are on for Garden Isles (newly launched). Rate - < 4000 per sq.feet. From what i have gathered from online discussions, i feel their projects are very slow and they don't meet their deadline. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

2. The 3C - They speak a lot of green buildings which are energy efficient. Their main projects are Lotus Panache, Lotus Boulevard (both in Noida) Lotus Panache is fully booked & Lotus Boulevard is available but very expensive ( 5,800 per sq.feet) so, beyond my budget. They have an upcoming project, 3C Sports village. I called the 3C sales and was told that when booking opens, the rates shall be low and i may find a deal within my budget.

3. Amrapali group - They have projects; the Heartbeat city and Hanging Gardens in Noida in prime locations. However, there were some negative reviews regarding their reputation and quality of accommodations. I liked their single room fully furnished, available in Hanging gardens.

4. DLF - They have 2 project in Gurgaon which are totally sold out except for few 4 BHK flats that are beyond my budget. I wish they had more projects in the Delhi/ NCR region.

Having shared whatever info i collected, i request members to help me with more information (esp. those who have a good idea of real estate in Delhi-NCR) and correct me if i have picked up any wrong cues. Please help me decide the best deal to suit my requirements as i posted above.

Well as per my knowledge I think as follows ;

1. JP I consider to be the best especially in the case like you and me where we do not intend to stay regularly but stay during our visits to India . Though JP may take time but I feel will be a Gap above the others . Secondly it will not be just apartments but complete township with everything within your reach and of course all the past projects of Jaypee stand witness to its highest quality standards. If all goes fine as per the plans wishtown should be a place worth staying , Honest confession I still do not have any bookings in Jaypee but I am in the process of booking in the same . And I am not an investor but an end user who plans to use the place for self .

Though dont know much abt 3C but still I am not all that impressed with them. Maybe lack of information / knowledge but somehow I find 3 C group more of a gimmick and hype they have created in Noida. maybe they are better off among all Noida region builders with 1-2 success stories and I like their spirit and concept of setting up small townships with everything within their townships but somehow the concept fails to impress me . They cannot compete against Jay pee standards as far as I couldunderstand . maybe from the investors perspective deals in 3C may give best returns but still they seem to be hollow.. Maybe ATS or some other gud buiders in the area can be a better idea. Infact I am much more impressed with ATS or new builders like Sunshine / Victory.

Btw I have made a booking with Victory crossroad. Its a small project with 240 odd apartments .. Reasonably priced but they plan to give it partially furnished like AC / Cupboards , modular kitchen etc . Though their open space is very less around 1 Acre but I believe it should be a well maintained society with less apartments . Builder is new but till now had been working meeting expectations . I think booking apartment in it can be a good idea atleast if you have small budget like mine and you plan to use the place only during your visits . Though all apartments are 3 BHK and above but being partially furnished should not be a pain in getting things done . More over the price is quite reasonable . Though the location will be livable after 4-5 years down the line as per suggestions from IREF members.
    CommentQuote
  • In Noida region ATS and Purvanchal commands great respect among End Users...Their past projects are top notch but these builders are costly too. You can google a bit about Purvanchal Royal Park in sector 137, noida. It fits in your budget easily. But their maintenance cost will be higher than other societies by 30-35% per month. There are lot of housing projects in NCR where dogs come inside your basement parking and shit near your car..dead rats lying around...cleaned after 2-3 days post complaining....but they hardly charge 50 paisa per sq feet as maintenance so one has to live with these issues..Jaipuria Sunrise Greens in Indirapuram is a classic case for this kind of category....and there are also projects where the charges are around Rs 3-4 per sq feet. So its about what you want. In your budget you will easily get flat with reputed builders and a little bigger flat with average builders. But once you have the flat the Gentry inside your society and maintenance will matter the most. Budget buyers will never pay Rs 3 per sq feet as maintenance...never. Their expectations are also different as far as living standards are concerned. :)

Choose your builder carefully if you plan to live in your flat even once a year. So that for every moment spent inside your home you get that "achha lagta hain" feeling. :D
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure how long is your holiday in a year. Whether it is worth to buy an apartment or just stay in a comparable hotel (same like your planned apartment or even better)? Mind that you still need to pay maintenance cost, lease rent/property tax and many more in a year. You will be surprised to know that the expenses will be enough to cover your hotel stay..... unless you have long term investment angle in mind.

Once you settled that part and confirmed that buy is the way to go then visit different areas of NCR. Once you personally visit different areas, you will develop love and hate for different areas. This is pure personal, depends on your priority.

Once you selected the area then only look at the projects on that area. It is never the other way.

There are many and many good projects in NCR region. Select the area first and then many people here will be able to advise you.

Sorry, your research findings at the moment looks very superficial and amateurish.

Unless you do your homework properly, you will be another NRI victim cheated by the brokers!!
    CommentQuote
  • Go for a 3 BHK in Jaypee Kosmos , among the choices listed by you it falls in your budget. Expect some delay in possession , but final product quality and township experience will be top notch , there is no doubting Jaypee's credentials on that. Try to find deal in the 6 Kosmos Towers which are close to the Expressway and upcoming 5 star Hotel. If you go for Krescent, you will have to buy a 2 BHK.

All the best for your home hunt :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    I am not sure how long is your holiday in a year. Whether it is worth to buy an apartment or just stay in a comparable hotel (same like your planned apartment or even better)? Mind that you still need to pay maintenance cost, lease rent/property tax and many more in a year. You will be surprised to know that the expenses will be enough to cover your hotel stay..... unless you have long term investment angle in mind.

Once you settled that part and confirmed that buy is the way to go then visit different areas of NCR. Once you personally visit different areas, you will develop love and hate for different areas. This is pure personal, depends on your priority.

Once you selected the area then only look at the projects on that area. It is never the other way.

There are many and many good projects in NCR region. Select the area first and then many people here will be able to advise you.

Sorry, your research findings at the moment looks very superficial and amateurish.

Unless you do your homework properly, you will be another NRI victim cheated by the brokers!!

Thanx for taking time out to respond to my post. Well, i do have long term investment in mind. Besides, my family members keep visiting delhi for various reasons, so i thought its a good idea to buy a flat there. Moreover, as a i specified earlier, neither i belong to the Delhi/ NCR region.. nor do i have any reliable contacts there.

You are right about falling prey to brokers which is why i tried to put together bits and pieces from my colleagues & online forums. My groundwork is far from complete. Some colleagues/ relatives suggested me to invest where they have viz. Kosmos (JP), Lotus Panache etc. But i wanted opinion from a third "neutral" party as well as from someone who has a fair idea of the region.

As far as area is concerned, it makes no difference as i don't really have to stay long/ permanently. So, anywhere in Delhi/ Noida/ even Gurgaon would do as long it falls within my expectations.

I am just interested in getting the best deal within my budget (50- 55 lacs) with a reliable builder/ project in prime location (i.e good approach, well connected to the city). I don't want to invest in resale flats.. will invest in a fresh project.

I have picked up some favourable reports about Purvanchal Group about their Royal Park Noida in these forums. I am trying to ascertain whther its as good as it sounds.! I have heard regarding availability of unit at higher floor 19+ if u're looking for parking facing and availability of unit at lower floor ( upto 8th ) with back facing unit.

I would welcome more suggestions/ inputs on the same lines.!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suavedude
    Go for a 3 BHK in Jaypee Kosmos , among the choices listed by you it falls in your budget. Expect some delay in possession , but final product quality and township experience will be top notch , there is no doubting Jaypee's credentials on that. Try to find deal in the 6 Kosmos Towers which are close to the Expressway and upcoming 5 star Hotel. If you go for Krescent, you will have to buy a 2 BHK.

According to the Jaypee sales following units arr only available with Kosmos, rate approx 3500.

1150 sq ft

KM - 19/506

1280 sq ft

KM - 3/805

KM - 7/402

KM - 9/701

KM - 20/904

1310 sq ft

KM - 53/801

KM - 70/1201 & 1401

KM - 71/901 & 1001

KM - 72/1401, 1404 & 1604

Krescent units are available at higher floor only.
    CommentQuote
  • Can have a look at AverageJoe's research.
    CommentQuote
  • You will get the units , do not worry about that. Negotiate hard with Jaypee Sales Team. In case , you can not get a unit of choice, let me know. Either of Kosmos / Krescent is a good option.
    CommentQuote
    Go for a 3 BHK in Jaypee Kosmos , among the choices listed by you it falls in your budget. Expect some delay in possession , but final product quality and township experience will be top notch , there is no doubting Jaypee's credentials on that. Try to find deal in the 6 Kosmos Towers which are close to the Expressway and upcoming 5 star Hotel. If you go for Krescent, you will have to buy a 2 BHK.

Suavedude, Which are the towers in Kosmos which are having better locations. I like the plan for 3 BHK 1150, 1280 and 1310. But I was not able to idetify the tower nos. for these 3 BHK units.
    CommentQuote
  • Even , i do not remember the tower numbers now. But, this may help. These are just 6 Towers which have a separate Club House. Also, there are just 4 apartments per floor in these. Location is very close to Expressway and upcoming Commercials / Hotels. You can check the layout plan or simply ask any broker.

A 18th floor unit was available when i checked out with a broker around a week back. I am sure some more units could be available on account of cancellations.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you very much for your input. I think these are bigger size apartments and not 1150/1280/1310. I will check with broker.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, all these towers are having 1500 square feet + units as per info shared by broker.
    CommentQuote
  • If we leave the Komos towers close to Expressway then Klassic wish town and Klassic height are having better location over cosmos. Klassic height is just opposite Krescent homes.
    CommentQuote
  • Purvanchal Royal Park sector 137: I am getting offer at 15th floor, back side but one balcony facing towards park side, other balcony facing back side.

Rate 3700 CLP 3500 Flexi

Is it good deal?

Or should I wait for their upcoming new launch at GN near Pari Chowk.
    CommentQuote
    Even , i do not remember the tower numbers now. But, this may help. These are just 6 Towers which have a separate Club House. Also, there are just 4 apartments per floor in these. Location is very close to Expressway and upcoming Commercials / Hotels. You can check the layout plan or simply ask any broker.

A 18th floor unit was available when i checked out with a broker around a week back. I am sure some more units could be available on account of cancellations.

That six towers at Kosmos are all Sold Out, and they are offering me as below

1150 sq ft

KM - 19/506

1280 sq ft

KM - 3/805
    KM - 7/402
    KM - 9/701
    KM - 20/904

1310 sq ft

KM - 53/801
    KM - 70/1201 & 1401
    KM - 71/901 & 1001
    KM - 72/1401, 1404 & 1604