There is a peculiar trend in land prices of Noida and Gurgaon. In Gurgaon, (except DLF/SL) HUDA area you can find land available at roughly 60k Rs/sqyd which can go up high depending on the location.
In Noida the land prices are 90K Rs/sqyd to start with and go up further depending on the location and other amenities.

In flats, the pricing is altogether different. In Gurgaon flats are priced at roughly 7000 Rs/sqft in habitated area and underconstruction start from about 5000 rs/sqft or so. I haven't put the details of Dway and sector 9X yet but the pricing is a bit lower there.
In Noida, the undercontruction flats are available at 3000 Rs/sqft levels to start with and RTM is 5000 Rs/sqft and above in most of the locations.

This way there is quite a contrast in terms of land pricing and the pricing for the apartments. Now few of us may say that it is due to FAR which may be true to certain extent but apart from that is there any logic towards it??
Read more
Reply
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 40 visits and no comments???

    Looks that people are either aware of Gurgaon or Noida not both...
    CommentQuote
  • Smart, I think that land prices are equally high in both GGN and Noida. The prices are highest in Noida sector 15a but there are less than 500 plots in that sector ( maybe even less). Top area for plots in GGN is DLF 1 and 2, there must be around 4000 plots in these areas. Considering the number of plots in DLF the prices are doing very well.
    Regarding flats the Market and supply of luxury flats in Noida is virtually non existent, you can only include Pearl in sector 44 and Omaxxe forest in sec 93 B in this list. I have not included ATS in this list as they are not luxury flats, the size is small and specs are ordinary. Forest has a pathetic location, it is a jungle( aptly named Forest), hence prices per sq ft are less. Prices in Pearl are comparable to Golf Course rd in GGN.
    In Noida people with a decent budget always went for Kothies hence the luxury flat Market never took off.
    Coming to GGN , it It has more than 20 RTM options in Luxury and super luxury category. I remember reading that in 2007-08 there was a supply of more than 10000 flats above the price of 1 cr. All these have been absorbed by the Market and the prices have doubled. GGN is at least 10 years ahead of Noida in the luxury flat game. The builders have tasted success and know that there are takers for superior products and hence launching higher priced flats.
    Also the density of flats in GGN is very less , virtually half of the new launches in Noida.
    Noida has never been and currently does not seem to be the place for luxury flats. It remains to be seen if Unitech Grande and some of the JP products can buck this trend, mean while GGN goes along it's merry way.
    CommentQuote
  • Land in Noida is sold in sqm vc sqyd in GGN, that is a 20% difference. This might be one reason for prices appearing higher in Noida. Having said that plots in Noida have outperformed the ones in GGN over the past 2 years.
    Noida is just not cosmopolitian enough to absorb lifestyle offerings like luxury/ concept flats, hence lagging in flat prices. One more reason for better plot prices in Noida is that the authority gives you 2 years from possession time to get completion therefore the sectors get developed and occupied faster. In GGN pvt developers have no such restriction and HUDA gives 8 years( might be wrong here) thus leaving most plots unoccupied . I was amazed to see empty plots in great locations in GGN. This last point is actually better for investors in GGN but not end users.
    CommentQuote
  • i think main reason in infra

    noida have good sector road ,electricity ,water and etc
    so no deed power backup,water backup ect
    so its very easy to leave in govt sec

    but in gurgaon have not good infra

    not good sector road, electricity ,water and etc
    so they need power backup,water backup ect
    so thay prefer to flat as compare to govt sec house
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajesh_vsworx
    i think main reason in infra

    noida have good sector road ,electricity ,water and etc
    so no deed power backup,water backup ect
    so its very easy to leave in govt sec

    but in gurgaon have not good infra

    not good sector road, electricity ,water and etc
    so they need power backup,water backup ect
    so thay prefer to flat as compare to govt sec house


    Mr. Rajesh Its totally unbelievable that Noida has better infra than The Gurgoan. I guess its a joke, GGN is always better in terms of highways, roads, sectors, development and JOBS.
    CommentQuote
  • I don't agree for the roads and parks but GGN was a pretty decent social infrastructure in terms of schools, hospitals and entertainment.
    CommentQuote
  • Atlast some sensible talks here.. Otherwise so called senior members have made this place like a s-h-i-t. No sensible talks at all.

    My POV

    Everything is demand and supply funda. Noida Authority has kept new supply for plots very limited, I dont see any new plot options in Noida apart from Jaypee which is bit too far on expressway. So limited supply high rates. Most of the plotted area is already occupied. On other hand Gurgaon has lots of HUDA sectors and existing builder plots. On the top of that every upcoming area in Gurgaon has fresh plots supply for investors be it NPR, SPR or sectors 9X.

    Noida has too much supply in flats. All new projects have around 1000 flats min. which makes it over supply as of now. In Gurgaon there are fewer launches as compared to Gurgaon and also specs are not that luxurious which drives lower flats rates there

    -Gaurav
    CommentQuote
  • I think, though not sure Noida has higher FAR , which makes cost of construction of flats cheaper than Gurgaon
    This could be one of the reasons of lower cost flats in Noida vis a vis in Gurgaon
    CommentQuote
  • Very Interesting thread...

    This is very interesting thread and great observation. I was not aware of this fact that plots in Noida have high rates then Gurgaon....
    CommentQuote
  • I assume this could be the basic reason for high prices of plots in Noida because the more inhabitable the place is the more price it derives provided it is planned as well.. this is general rule ...

    otherwise if the investor have no pressure to build plots in case of GGN these plots are traded like stocks and end user will not come because of less habitation...


    Originally Posted by Trickcyclist
    One more reason for better plot prices in Noida is that the authority gives you 2 years from possession time to get completion therefore the sectors get developed and occupied faster. In GGN pvt developers have no such restriction and HUDA gives 8 years( might be wrong here) thus leaving most plots unoccupied . I was amazed to see empty plots in great locations in GGN. This last point is actually better for investors in GGN but not end users.
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think that plot prices are any cheaper in GGN compared to Noida. Top locations like DLF 1/2 can go for around 2 lacs/sq yd. Others like SL 1, south city1,Nirvana plots also go for more than 1 lacs easily. The issue is with the Price of some HUDA sectors. I think that the buyer has so much choice in GGN in the 2.5 to 5 cr price bracket that the HUDA sectors lag behind as they are not considered posh enough compared to the snazzy offerings of pvt players. Another advantage of luxury flats in this price range is the availability of loans and non involvement of coloured money. There are lots of salaried people who are in this price range and they don't relish the prospect of black money. In Noida there is very little competition for the NA plots as there are very few flats in this price range. I remember a member was trying to look for a RTM flat in Noida with a budget of 2.5 cr, he had limited success in his search. In GGN he would have been spoilt for choice.
    The success of projects like Lotus 300 with a min flat size of 3500 sqft shows that there is untapped demand for for luxury even in Noida. Pvt players like unitech and JP have been offering plots in their townships and it will be interesting to see how they fare in comparison to the NA sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Trickcyclist
    Land in Noida is sold in sqm vc sqyd in GGN, that is a 20% difference. This might be one reason for prices appearing higher in Noida. Having said that plots in Noida have outperformed the ones in GGN over the past 2 years.
    Noida is just not cosmopolitian enough to absorb lifestyle offerings like luxury/ concept flats, hence lagging in flat prices. One more reason for better plot prices in Noida is that the authority gives you 2 years from possession time to get completion therefore the sectors get developed and occupied faster. In GGN pvt developers have no such restriction and HUDA gives 8 years( might be wrong here) thus leaving most plots unoccupied . I was amazed to see empty plots in great locations in GGN. This last point is actually better for investors in GGN but not end users.


    Agree with you tricky that HUDA gives 8 years time for building up plots whereas in Noida its less therefore less investors and more endusers and colonies are habitable.
    Thinking loud, does it mean that Gurgaon land prices will increase when these sectors allocated by HUDA will be built up completely in comparison to Noida?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    I assume this could be the basic reason for high prices of plots in Noida because the more inhabitable the place is the more price it derives provided it is planned as well.. this is general rule ...

    otherwise if the investor have no pressure to build plots in case of GGN these plots are traded like stocks and end user will not come because of less habitation...


    My two take aways from this discussion is

    1. Noida sectors are habitable as compared to HUDA where you get about 8 years for construction therefore demand of plots is more there and thereby higher prices.

    2. Loans are workable with salary class and typically its easier available for flats and working class's presence in gurgaon is more as compared to Noida (businessmen) therefore flats are expensive in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav_chugh
    Atlast some sensible talks here.. Otherwise so called senior members have made this place like a s-h-i-t. No sensible talks at all.

    My POV

    Everything is demand and supply funda. Noida Authority has kept new supply for plots very limited, I dont see any new plot options in Noida apart from Jaypee which is bit too far on expressway. So limited supply high rates. Most of the plotted area is already occupied. On other hand Gurgaon has lots of HUDA sectors and existing builder plots. On the top of that every upcoming area in Gurgaon has fresh plots supply for investors be it NPR, SPR or sectors 9X.

    Noida has too much supply in flats. All new projects have around 1000 flats min. which makes it over supply as of now. In Gurgaon there are fewer launches as compared to Gurgaon and also specs are not that luxurious which drives lower flats rates there

    -Gaurav


    Chugh saab, can't agree with you more on this. completely in line with the availability of plots in Gurgaon and high availability of flats in Noida (thanks to high FAR).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    This is very interesting thread and great observation. I was not aware of this fact that plots in Noida have high rates then Gurgaon....


    I was trying to gauge the markets in Noida and Gurgaon and after analysis got to know about it and thought of sharing with other fellow members for their comments.
    CommentQuote