Friends, Need your opinion on which is a better city to invest & live.

As on today, Gurgaon is much ahead of Noida in terms of RE values & industries. Huge job market & an established city. But now it seems the growth in uncontrollable & gurgaon is going to be a mess. Lot of traffic jams & very poor infra not able to support the growth. Cost of living is comparatively too high.

On other hands, Noida is not so industrialized yet. But many companies are now moving to noida (Ericsson, -Siemens, Accenture, Metlife, Alcatel-Lucent, TCS etc) have already started there offices in Noida. Noida is having comparatively a much better infrastructure & good proximity to Delhi. Noida-gr Noida expressway is coming up like anything with lots of new commercial spaces & 5 star hotels.

5-6 years down the line, which woule be a better city in terms of appreciation & in terms of living.
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by arpitk1008

As on today, Gurgaon is much ahead of Noida in terms of RE values & industries. Huge job market & an established city. But now it seems the growth in uncontrollable & gurgaon is going to be a mess. Lot of traffic jams & very poor infra not able to support the growth. Cost of living is comparatively too high.

On other hands, Noida is not so industrialized yet. But many companies are now moving to noida (Ericsson, -Siemens, Accenture, Metlife, Alcatel-Lucent, TCS etc) have already started there offices in Noida. Noida is having comparatively a much better infrastructure & good proximity to Delhi. Noida-gr Noida expressway is coming up like anything with lots of new commercial spaces & 5 star hotels.

5-6 years down the line, which woule be a better city in terms of appreciation & in terms of living.

Arpit

I am not a real estate expert but I can say........ Noida-Gr Noida Expressway is better than Dwarka Expressway( which is not existing as if now) in Gurgaon. I can't comment on other areas of Both Cities.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • HOw can u compare Yamuna expressway with dwarika expressway...its is yet to come up.. so no question of comparison..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by adit0083
    HOw can u compare Yamuna expressway with dwarika expressway...its is yet to come up.. so no question of comparison..

Go get yourself updated.......Yummuna Expressway is all set to start in next 2 months.
    though I made comparison between Dwarka Expressway and Noida-Gr Noida Expressway, Not Yummuna Expressway.

Thanks
    CommentQuote

I know i am inviting loads of criticism...
    So questions is gurgaon or noida...let me put it this way...Haryana or Uttar pardesh.......Toh jawab hai...any day haryana........

Despite of the fact that Noida infra..is way better then gurgaon...also the place is cheaper to live...but Safety is a huge concern there...

I have worked in GGN for long ..and now I am working in Noida......I never experienced cheap crimes in GGN, GGN main bhi sab kuch hota hai..but Sau-Sau rupey ke liye nahi.....

Noida, I hear crimes which are committed for as low as Rs 100.....Even the Villagers around...just look for a chance to get hold of a badi gaadi wala..so that they can make some money...

But in Gurgaon,,atleast the villagers are real rich...probably richer then many of us searching properties over these forums.......

I apologies if I hurt any sentiments...but this is just my personal experience
    CommentQuote
  • I am basically from NCR but spent several years in south india. Recently returned back to my home in NCR.

Honestly, i feel, whether its Noida or Gurgaon or GZB or Faridabad etc whatever, there is an attitute problem. After coming back, i feel the difference.

Local People here are very arrogant & need to learn a lot. On average, the civic sense here is very poor.

Adding to this are the lads of those farmers who have got huge compensation against lands. They very often create a big mess & gundagardi. They don't know how to behave, the way they talk, the way they drive, the way they behave in public, its all horrible.

If you locate such a group in a good mall or a restaurent, i feel immediately to run away from that place. Uuuf, they are very hard to tolerate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by karan.singh

I have worked in GGN for long ..and now I am working in Noida......I never experienced cheap crimes in GGN, GGN main bhi sab kuch hota hai..but Sau-Sau rupey ke liye nahi.....

Get your fact right. Gurgaon mei to sau rs. se kam me bhi murder hota hai. I think you forgot the toll gate incident. The murderer were from Haryana and Delhi.
    CommentQuote
  • Karan ji bilkul sahi jawab :)))

Haryana is and would always be better for living and working too.

Plus ggn is expending towards Manesar.... so after some time they would become twin cities.

RE is giving better returns at ggn than Noida.

Mostly new companies are coming to ggn. better metro connectivity at ggn... they may sound a few pluses.

purely my point of view.
    CommentQuote
    I am basically from NCR but spent several years in south india. Recently returned back to my home in NCR.

Honestly, i feel, whether its Noida or Gurgaon or GZB or Faridabad etc whatever, there is an attitute problem. After coming back, i feel the difference.

Mate I fully agree with you. Please add Delhi the rape City of India in this list. I have never heard a murder for Parking lot. This happens in Delhi only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Agastya07
    Get your fact right. Gurgaon mei to sau rs. se kam me bhi murder hota hai. I think you forgot the toll gate incident. The murderer were from Haryana and Delhi.

Agastya Sahab....that murder was not for Rs 27...rather it was result of attitude of a rich/alcoholic villager.....

Out of curiosity I spoke to people on toll gate..I was told..the villagers in nearby villages are suppose to free access to toll but they have to show Car RC....which was asked from that idiot..he instead gave his license...but the stupid toll guy was adament...finally he did let him go and closed his windows but along with some Gaali etc....which made the villager furious and he shot him....

It was a all attitude/alcohol and momentary anger..which I am sure even he is regreting today.....

and believe me even a bullet is costlier then rs 27 or rs 100 even.......
    :D
    CommentQuote
  • We are talking of attitude only.. these farmers who got huge compensation, are really becoming un-tolerable.

Other-wise also, north indians are viewed as arrogant.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Go get yourself updated.......Yummuna Expressway is all set to start in next 2 months.
    though I made comparison between Dwarka Expressway and Noida-Gr Noida Expressway, Not Yummuna Expressway.

Thanks

This is what i meant one is yet to come in existense and other has been for number of years so how can they be compared...

and yes we north indian are very rude...punjabis, haryana, UP, Rajasthanis, kam koi bhi nahi hai...very rude and to the point..and one of the above mentioned only
    CommentQuote