Greetings,

I am looking to purchase a 3BR for investment purpose and options I have shortlisted are:

A. Mahindra Aura (phase 2 unit - 1550sqft)
B. Alpha Corp Gurgaon One
C. Bestech Ananda

Col. component is managable for any of the three options mentioned above.

May I request you to share your views and opinions.
Read more
43 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by falgun77
    Greetings,

I am looking to purchase a 3BR for investment purpose and options I have shortlisted are:

A. Mahindra Aura (phase 2 unit - 1550sqft)
    B. Alpha Corp Gurgaon One
    C. Bestech Ananda

Col. component is managable for any of the three options mentioned above.

May I request you to share your views and opinions.

Hi
    Greetings

Construction status
    Mahindra: Mahindra Aura | Gurgaon | Green Homes | Residential Property Gurgaon | Properties in Gurgaon - Mahindra Lifespaces
    Alpha: Property in Gurgaon, Housing in Gurgaon, Flat in Gurgaon - Gurgaonone84.com
    Bestech: Park View Ananda Gurgaon | Luxurious Apartments in Gurgaon | Ultra Modern Apartments in Gurgaon

Alpha: Close to NH8 and dway
    Bestech: Close to NH8 access after toll currently

Price
    Mahindra: Rs 4500, Payment gone above 60%, High Coloured
    Alpha: Rs 4000, payment gone 31%, low coloured component
    Bestech: Rs 4200

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Difficult choice . All these r decent Builders .

Some negatives ( if u consider them as negatives ) -

Mahindra - D e way issues . The accessibility to Palam Vihar could be an boon, if D e way gets delayed for long, but ultimately could affect the resale price, if the D e way goes through ( nearness to something not so posh, could be a deterrent ) . High colored component & lot of cash movement in one go .

Gurgaon One - As compared to Mahindra, much smaller, but still looks good . Project is divided into 2 parts ( there is an road between & could be an negative for some ) .

Bestech Ananda - Has the stigma of being an flop on launch, but has somewhat recovered, thanks to the insane pricing of New Launches . Decent Builder, timely deliveries, but has limited presence, like Gurgaon One . This Project is about 1.5 Kms. from NH 8 ( Crosscheck on that 1.5 Kms., which is somewhat a negative, if one compares it to the location of the other two ) .
    CommentQuote
  • LOL:D.

I was checking on my "reputation" & have been marked negative on this post, with an comment that this post is an "personal attack" . I do not know, who marked me negative here, but i can guess ;).

There r several other posts, where negative reputations have been given for equally silly/stupid reasons . Would put an detailed post on that, sometime later .

I am also posting this in the relevant thread, for the Admin. to be aware on what kind of manipulations r going on with the new system .

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Difficult choice . All these r decent Builders .

Some negatives ( if u consider them as negatives ) -

Mahindra - D e way issues . The accessibility to Palam Vihar could be an boon, if D e way gets delayed for long, but ultimately could affect the resale price, if the D e way goes through ( nearness to something not so posh, could be a deterrent ) . High colored component & lot of cash movement in one go .

Gurgaon One - As compared to Mahindra, much smaller, but still looks good . Project is divided into 2 parts ( there is an road between & could be an negative for some ) .

Bestech Ananda - Has the stigma of being an flop on launch, but has somewhat recovered, thanks to the insane pricing of New Launches . Decent Builder, timely deliveries, but has limited presence, like Gurgaon One . This Project is about 1.5 Kms. from NH 8 ( Crosscheck on that 1.5 Kms., which is somewhat a negative, if one compares it to the location of the other two ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    LOL:D.

I was checking on my "reputation" & have been marked negative on this post, with an comment that this post is an "personal attack" . I do not know, who marked me negative here, but i can guess ;).

There r several other posts, where negative reputations have been given for equally silly/stupid reasons . Would put an detailed post on that, sometime later .

I am also posting this in the relevant thread, for the Admin. to be aware on what kind of manipulations r going on with the new system .

Hi
    Greetings

may I know how can one find out the reputation reasons??
    Just curious..
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Earlier, it was at the bottom of the page of "Favourites", but Phases has turned off the option now & we cannot see the posts & the reasons of + or -ve reputations any longer now .

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/193-will-real-estate-classifieds-disappear?p=116469#post116469

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

may I know how can one find out the reputation reasons??
    Just curious..
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Manoj/BlessU for your views.
    CommentQuote
  • Alpha-gurgaon one better than Mahindra and Bestech

Originally Posted by falgun77
    Thanks Manoj/BlessU for your views.

Hi
    Greetings

Thanks mate, most welcome and absolutely my pleasure..

I would also go a bit further to have a look at this thread which refers to Vipul 2bhk and 3bhk options or DLF NTH purely from the point of better chance of appreciation. This is if you are viewing Bestech https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/17102-roi-for-vipul-s-sec-81-gurgaon-project/page10?t=19306&page=10

Honestly, if returns is your ultimate objective, keeping the recent SEZ news, you might find some good deals in 8x/3x sectors around 3100-3500. However, Since your choice is between Mahindra, Alpha and Bestech, I would rate ALPHA, Mahindra ph2, and not consider Bestech(and consider Vipul/NTH if I have to go beyond toll), in that order.

Mahindra has an advantage of early delivery, the outlook is coming fine and recent reponse for ph4 4375 psf, was mind blowing given the railway track and slightly unplanned surrounding area. In a way, most triggers have been exhausted except dway coming into existence, offer for possession, Closeness to Airport/Delhi and likely high price launches in 10x (low response however due to litigations).

Alpha very rightly pointed by Manoja has a road passing between the project which infact gives a big frontage to the project. It can be looked as a positive for customer (but a loss for developer;)). Also the part with the club is most suitable and luckily has smaller sizes (5 out of 6 total in the project) to chose from according to your budget. Gurgaon One still has to take advantage of triggers like expected launches at higher rates in vicinity (DLF, Emaar etc), early completion advantage, Propopsed dway, closeness to MRTS, ISBT, NH8. The construction quality/delivery/customer service again is immaculate for all existing projects.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

Thanks mate, most welcome and absolutely my pleasure..

I would also go a bit further to have a look at this thread which refers to Vipul 2bhk and 3bhk options or DLF NTH purely from the point of better chance of appreciation. This is if you are viewing Bestech https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/17102-roi-for-vipul-s-sec-81-gurgaon-project/page10?t=19306&page=10

Honestly, if returns is your ultimate objective, keeping the recent SEZ news, you might find some good deals in 8x/3x sectors around 3100-3500. However, Since your choice is between Mahindra, Alpha and Bestech, I would rate ALPHA, Mahindra ph2, and not consider Bestech(and consider Vipul/NTH if I have to go beyond toll), in that order.

Mahindra has an advantage of early delivery, the outlook is coming fine and recent reponse for ph4 4375 psf, was mind blowing given the railway track and slightly unplanned surrounding area. In a way, most triggers have been exhausted except dway coming into existence, offer for possession, Closeness to Airport/Delhi and likely high price launches in 10x (low response however due to litigations).

Alpha very rightly pointed by Manoja has a road passing between the project which infact gives a big frontage to the project. It can be looked as a positive for customer (but a loss for developer;)). Also the part with the club is most suitable and luckily has smaller sizes (5 out of 6 total in the project) to chose from according to your budget. Gurgaon One still has to take advantage of triggers like expected launches at higher rates in vicinity (DLF, Emaar etc), early completion advantage, Propopsed dway, closeness to MRTS, ISBT, NH8. The construction quality/delivery/customer service again is immaculate for all existing projects.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Thanks mate...for taking it lot further than I could think...I am sure I will be able to take a good decision with people like you around us...

My first criteria is safety of funds (very obvious from my choices above) and then ROI...

With Mahindra Auro, outflow due to 1550sqft will put me through some pressure and 1875 sqft will be a better choice, outflow of funds and location-wise, but thats going to exceed my allocated budget and I dont want to take too much of leaverage in this economic scenario. So this is kind of ruled out.

Advantages of Bestech over Gurgaon One:
    A. Located on 60m road where as G1 is on 24m road
    B. Higher loading in G1 as compared to Bestech.
    C. Semi premium specs in Bestech vs raw flats in G1.

Advantages of Gurgaon One over Bestech Ananda:
    A. Near to DExway which we dont know how long will take to connect to Nh8 (currently the location of G1 is no where, my POV)
    B. 15% less outflow and this difference may reduce in few months when G1 construction picks up.

Vipul is bit further away and near to some industry so did not care to look that deeper. All these three builders have similar reputation and will deliver in time (infact Vipul may deliver earlier than I would like to).

What say ??
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Bless U , Falgun and Manoj Bhai...

Manoj Bhai - Bestech is exactly1.5 Km far away and due to 80 meter road one can reach very easily. I visited the site.

Falgun - you are exact on the loading and on semi premium part

For Mahindra location is plus considering its proximity to delhi and Airport but railway track is a concern

Alpha G delivered only 1 project which was premium.

Bestech location might be good once toll goes out.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hi2sachin
    Thanks Bless U , Falgun and Manoj Bhai...

Manoj Bhai - Bestech is exactly1.5 Km far away and due to 80 meter road one can reach very easily. I visited the site.

For Mahindra location is plus considering its proximity to delhi and Airport but railway track is a concern

Hi
    Greetings

Bestech would be a matter of choice as rightly said once toll goes away.. the distance from NH8 is about 1.5kms and the road access is great..

Now, point is if the toll goes away, why cant we think about something like Emmar PH?? just 100mts from toll probably and ON THE NH8. It is under construction and much cheaper!!!

Alpha has delivered probably one Residential in GGN and still acknowledged for the same. The current premiums are stratospheric. I hear really good about their existing commerical project in GGN and residential projects delivered elsewhere.

If i were invested in Bestech at below 3500 today, i wouldnt have much to worry about but at the price of 4K+ I beg to differ as I have many many other opportunities though outside the purview of discussion of this particular thread..

I may be looking in for Bestech as I have heard good about it, but after toll resolution.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hi2sachin
    Thanks Bless U , Falgun and Manoj Bhai...

I believe that Mahindra and Alpha G are among the best projects in the market..

If I am bullish on NH 8 Properties I will choose Alpha G and if I am bullish on Delhi side of D way I will choose Mahindra (Personally I am more bullish on Delhi side of D way)

My 2 cents on Mahindra

1. Mahindra along with Tata and Godrej are among the safest builders in the market for obvious reasons. Recession or no recession, slowdown or no slow down, investors with these developers will not loose any sleep...Safety of money is one of the key criteria in under construction properties. Personally I will be willing to pay atleast 500-700 INR per sq ft if I am confident of the safety of money like in the case of TATA/Mahindra/Godrej. Buying in these projects is safe as buying in RTM

2. Loading in Mahindra is one of the lowest - 37% excl balconies and 27% including balconies (for Phase 4 to be more specific) hence that is a saving of 5-8% on the carpet area as compared to most of the projects in the market. Hence you can reduce the price by effectively 5-8%

3. Once D way is operational, I am more bullish on properties near Delhi. As for the me that the major USP of D Way. I am bullish on sector 109-112

4. As seen in the market once a project is closer to possession, there is a spike in the resale price. Phase 1 of Mahindra will be delivered in 2012 end/2013 beg and phase 2 will be delivered in 2013 end..so with the delivery of every phase there ill be a spike in the price

5. The payment plan of Mahindra is THE BEST in the market. Only 35% till third floor roof as compared to 50% in most of the new projects. In most of the projects around builder take 80-95% till the completion of the structure , Mahindra will only take 70% on the super strucure completion. If you run the numbers, once can easily save 200-300 rs per sq ft in interest cost

So lets calculate the effective price of Mahindra

Phase IV price = 4375

Less 5-8% for extra loading = 300
    Less Savings because of the attractive Payment Plan = 250
    Less cost of peace of mind/no tensions = 300

Net cost for me = 4375-300-250-300 = 3500

This is how I am analysing...

Coming to negetives.. I do not see Railway line is an issue, its 600 metres from main gate/phase IV and 400 metres from phase 3...

Unplanned development around the site is a dampner but certainly not a deal breaker and the advantages outweight the negetives by a big margin..

Vo kehte hain na "kisi ko mukammal jahaan nahi milta kahi jameen to aasman nahi milta". There is nothing like a 10/10 project ever...

Now coming to Alpha G . This is the only project on NH8 which has given some serious return to investors...This speaks volume about the brand. Godrej/Emaar/Vatika/Vipul none of the projects has given more than 300-500 return where as Alpha has given 600-800+ return in less than a year...

In my books both projects are neck to neck with each having different advantages...

Hence if you think NH8 area will turn out to be better in long run go for Alpha and if you think Delhi side of D way would appreciate more go for Mahindra..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001

Vo kehte hain na "Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahaan nahi milta kahi jameen to aasman nahi milta". There is nothing like a 10/10 project ever...

Hi
    Greetings

well said mate.. amazing cliche!!!

Manoja said right at the very start it is a difficult comparison. mere pas Paise hon to dono me laga ke dekoon!!! revanta was another thing I didnt have money to put in..:o

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Phase IV price = 4375
    Less 5-8% for extra loading = 300
    Less Savings because of the attractive Payment Plan = 250
    Less cost of peace of mind/no tensions = 300
    Net cost for me = 4375-300-250-300 = 3500

Agree to all other points but this looks funny to me..

Think what will happen if people will start adding costs for tension/no-tension factor and other things you mentioned. This is totally relative factor and can't be standardized and monetized.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinaybhatia
    Agree to all other points but this looks funny to me..

Think what will happen if people will start adding costs for tension/no-tension factor and other things you mentioned. This is totally relative factor and can't be standardized and monetized.

Hi
    Greetings

When a builder charges price for super area he does calculate a proper costing and implication of every single inch to be sold.. He even increased the super area without increasing carpet area latter.. this is despite the fact that he employs engineers to ensure economical construction and minimum wastage, he deploys an architect to ensure maximum uitilisation of FAR to bring maximum revenue and put in an extra dingly room called utility/servant room, deploys CA to ensure that taxes are saved and purchases are monitored..

i think amit being qualified person in finance is truly reliable on this count as it makes a big difference to the value being purchased for the Cost paid to the builder over which he has no say and is treated without obligation by the builder.

Infact, I am delighted by Amits calculations and exhaustive insight which also is my nature.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Yes Vinay - I agree and I have mentioned that this is relative..

However the "loading" and "payment plan" factor can be very well monetized...

Calculate a financial model and put payments plans you can easily see 200-300 psft savings...

I wont take names but almost all new projects take 50% payments till 3rd floor vs only 35% in Mahindra and many take 95% payment on structure completion vs only 70% in Mahindra..If you model this 9% FD rate you will get a savings of 300 rs per sq ft for an 1800-1900 sq ft apaartment

Also Most of the projects have 40-45% carpet area excluding balconies vs 37% in Mahindra...

So the both the above mentioned savings can be very well monetized..

Ys I agree the peace of mind this can not be monetized, hence I mentioned that I will be willing to pay 300-500 psqft extra if I get complete peace of mind in a under constriction property..and no delays/surprises.. In this marker I can have such peace of mind only with TATA/Mahindra/Godrej only!!!
    CommentQuote