17912 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plotoder
    started a topic How is GCX Sohna SPR better than NH8 Projects 8x

How is GCX Sohna SPR better than NH8 Projects 8x

Hey,
    I have been a regular IREF "observer" for a while and have an apartment booked in Emaar Palm Gardens. I am also a recent Gurgaon 'settler' so I might not have a good insight into Gurgaon RE market (hence this question) as the veterans here.

What I am constantly confused or stumped by is how people here are claiming that GCX, Sohna or SPR projects are in a better location than say anything on NH8. Before I dive into my thoughts, I would like to list my personal opinion on each of those roads.

GCX: Far away from a livable area, I am sure this will be very vibrant in future to come but I really didnt like the location. Drive to prominent business points like Cyber City or malls like Ambience require *multiple stops* and jams during rush hour.

Sohna: Similar story as above but found it much more vibrant except for the villages smack on the road, that really deterred me up. Additionally, the jams at NH8 intersection also add to the stress point.

SPR: Not that livable yet but still an 'interior' location compared to something on NH8.

Pros for NH8 (these are my personal thoughts):

1) Non stop connectivity to all important hubs like Cyber City, Malls like Ambience, Airport or Delhi
    2) Gives a feeling of living in US etc where you get out of the suburbs right onto an interstate
    3) The driving distance to Cyber City is 14KM and time taken averages between 12-15 minutes (non stop)
    4) Similar non stop driving to upcoming important commercial hubs like Mall of India
    5) Closer connectivity to KMP almost smack on DE

Cons for NH8:
    1) Toll Plaza, I am sure this will be moved in future to come but as of today this is a negative point
    2) Might be further from the likes of GCX (but driving time is much much shorter)

Potential Positives:
    1) ISBT
    2) When/If Toll gets moved
    3) NH8 widening and improvements (FOB at Rajiv Chowk, Widening from six lane to eight lane in later stretch.. almost all of these are beyond the approval stage)

Would love to hear your thoughts, I would again like to clarify that these are my personal opinions and I could be wrong.. but this is why am asking this question!

- Plot

• greatman
    replied
    Hi, I am new to this site. I invested in MV Buildcon's projects(Precore city-sohna) through one broker, expecting good returns in future 26000/sq yards, 6 months back. Now I need to withdraw from it due to some urgent need of money. Seniors, Please advice and guide regarding this project(approvals/registration/resale etc). Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• sohnaroad
    replied
    Originally posted by Amit1319 View Post
    Mate.....1000 families is a no figure considering the number of projects that have already come and will be coming up in future.

The true rate of an area is indicated by the level of maturity it has. What is happening these days is that builders in new projects are charging a premium which is worth 4-5 years from now.

The area is still livable. Take a look at tulip petals. All you need is 10 minutes via car to reach NH 8. As per you sector 92 would also be livable where you can find crescent parc... Just try to reach parkwood westend from crescent parc, there is a speed breaker beyond which you would not prefer to drive cos your car would be virtually standing on that speed breaker.

My point is that the premium should be based on what has happened, not what is proposed. And this proposed story has been going on for the past 5 years..

If you look at sector 8x,9x etc., most of the projects were launched at 1500 per sqt, 2200 per sq. ft range or nearby. Now in 4 years what development has happened that projects in the same areas are now launched at 4000-5000 per sq ft and onwards. Nothing has happened.!!

Now if I have to spend 5k-7k per sq ft on new gurgaon, why would I not put my money on sohna road??

In my opinion its an overall hype that is created by builders. When all the projects are at 5000 and a person lands up with 4200 per sq ft deal , he would be happy that he got a steal deal. Fact is in actual that area doesn't even command 3k per sq ft.

In gurgaon everything is proposed, so therefore the investment should also be proposed....lol

The funny thing is nobody wants to talk about what is happening on dway front, DDA has not even issued a clearance that the land in delhi can be used. Consider litgation by people living in a 4 km stretch. Every person is entitled to ask for 3 stays from the court. Hope that dway comes in 2020.
    DEW wont come before 2016 surely..

Leave a comment:

• Amit1319
    replied
    Mate.....1000 families is a no figure considering the number of projects that have already come and will be coming up in future.

The true rate of an area is indicated by the level of maturity it has. What is happening these days is that builders in new projects are charging a premium which is worth 4-5 years from now.

The area is still livable. Take a look at tulip petals. All you need is 10 minutes via car to reach NH 8. As per you sector 92 would also be livable where you can find crescent parc... Just try to reach parkwood westend from crescent parc, there is a speed breaker beyond which you would not prefer to drive cos your car would be virtually standing on that speed breaker.

My point is that the premium should be based on what has happened, not what is proposed. And this proposed story has been going on for the past 5 years..

If you look at sector 8x,9x etc., most of the projects were launched at 1500 per sqt, 2200 per sq. ft range or nearby. Now in 4 years what development has happened that projects in the same areas are now launched at 4000-5000 per sq ft and onwards. Nothing has happened.!!

Now if I have to spend 5k-7k per sq ft on new gurgaon, why would I not put my money on sohna road??

In my opinion its an overall hype that is created by builders. When all the projects are at 5000 and a person lands up with 4200 per sq ft deal , he would be happy that he got a steal deal. Fact is in actual that area doesn't even command 3k per sq ft.

In gurgaon everything is proposed, so therefore the investment should also be proposed....lol

The funny thing is nobody wants to talk about what is happening on dway front, DDA has not even issued a clearance that the land in delhi can be used. Consider litgation by people living in a 4 km stretch. Every person is entitled to ask for 3 stays from the court. Hope that dway comes in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• sohnaroad
    replied
    Originally posted by Amit1319 View Post
    From an analytical perspective, SPR doesnt require much work to get a preminum on the investment. For the properties of NH 8 there are so many dependencies which will have to be sorted out before things actually happen.

Let me give an example. I have recently sold a unit in sector 89 that i owned. When I bought it, mujhe dway aur metro ki kahani pilayi gayi.. project ban gaya ..pataudi road vaisi ki vaisi hain. 4 saal se kuch khaas nahin hua.. People are saying in this forum.. in the next 5 years, every flyover or expressway will be there including hotels, malls etc etc. on NH 8

Ab dway expressway ki kahani main pila raha hun aur bewakoof janta khush ho rahi hain ( jaise main khush hua tha )

My point is simple, lets look at the pace at which state government work. If i just need an approach road from SPR to link to GCX, i can expect a premium quickly. For sectors 8x,9x etc. the horizon should be minimum 10 years, not 5 years. An example is crescent parc, just pay a visit and you will laugh at the location...people call it one of the prime sectors of new gurgaon...funny !!

The best example is sector 102, you travel via basai road to get a glimpse of the jungle where the project is located.

I would ideally like to hedge but since I dont have the option, my best bet would be SPR.
    I agree things will take time.. but definitely not 10 years.. New GGN would be livable by 2015 safely.. I see atleast 1000 families shifted by then as many projects DLF, orris, vatika, bestech, tulip, antriksh, Vipul, Sare would be complete and delivered.. I am however, very skeptical of DEW..

Initial 3-4 years were a seperate story.. Now things are moving at a fast pace.. For long term investors, there is no better place than New Gurgaon..

Leave a comment:

• Amit1319
    replied
    From an analytical perspective, SPR doesnt require much work to get a preminum on the investment. For the properties of NH 8 there are so many dependencies which will have to be sorted out before things actually happen.

Let me give an example. I have recently sold a unit in sector 89 that i owned. When I bought it, mujhe dway aur metro ki kahani pilayi gayi.. project ban gaya ..pataudi road vaisi ki vaisi hain. 4 saal se kuch khaas nahin hua.. People are saying in this forum.. in the next 5 years, every flyover or expressway will be there including hotels, malls etc etc. on NH 8

Ab dway expressway ki kahani main pila raha hun aur bewakoof janta khush ho rahi hain ( jaise main khush hua tha )

My point is simple, lets look at the pace at which state government work. If i just need an approach road from SPR to link to GCX, i can expect a premium quickly. For sectors 8x,9x etc. the horizon should be minimum 10 years, not 5 years. An example is crescent parc, just pay a visit and you will laugh at the location...people call it one of the prime sectors of new gurgaon...funny !!

The best example is sector 102, you travel via basai road to get a glimpse of the jungle where the project is located.

I would ideally like to hedge but since I dont have the option, my best bet would be SPR.

Leave a comment:

• PappuPilot
    replied
    Originally posted by sohnaroad View Post
    when New GGN will touch 8K, Sohna Road will be minimum 12-14K
    Now who would know better . But, I was wondering the prices can't keep increasing for ever and they won't always maintain the relative ratio, some would bypass others. How would SohnaRoad do amid the massive real state expansion in say next 2-5 years and further?

Leave a comment:

• sohnaroad
    replied
    Originally posted by PappuPilot View Post
    I am seeing on various threads the projected prices for New Gurgaon Sectors 8x,3x, 9x-NH8 Projects in the year 2014 (and some even 2013) are being quoted as 7.5 to 8. I am wondering what will be the resale prices for already developed areas such as Sohna Road for projects such as Malibu, Vipul, Parkview, Orchid, Parsvnath etc at that time??
    when New GGN will touch 8K, Sohna Road will be minimum 12-14K

Leave a comment:

• sohnaroad
    replied
    Originally posted by PappuPilot View Post
    I am seeing on various threads the projected prices for New Gurgaon Sectors 8x,3x, 9x-NH8 Projects in the year 2014 (and some even 2013) are being quoted as 7.5 to 8. I am wondering what will be the resale prices for already developed areas such as Sohna Road for projects such as Malibu, Vipul, Parkview, Orchid, Parsvnath etc at that time??
    2014 is very aggressive.. but yes by 2015, they will touch 8K as there are major projects slated to come there including the DLF's largest mall of Asia..

Leave a comment:

• PappuPilot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
Working...
X