16 | Posts
11445 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurgaon's Living Standards are Higher than Delhi's

Bhai Log,

I have a feeling that

1) Life in Gurgaon is Posh compared to many parts of Delhi for average middle class or (slightly) upper middle class. (I am not considering super rich people.)

2) You will get young educated neighbors in Gurgaon.

3) Its more spacious. Population density is low so quality of life is better compared to Delhi.

4) Also cost of living is more in Gurgaon because of these reasons compared to Delhi. (at least 20%)

5) I may be completely wrong as I have never lived in Delhi. Have been living in Gurgaon for 8 months.

Please share your comments.
    Last edited March 4 2012, 04:17 PM.

Re : Gurgaon's Living Standards are Higher than Delhi's

I have lived in Delhi, Mumbai and now Gurgaon. And though I belong to Mumbai (and prefer Mumbai best as a city), I find quality of life best in Gurgaon - gated community/two-tiered security, full power backup, pool/gym/nice playground, educated cosmopolitan neighbors, malls/shopping area/school/office nearby. And such luxury housing is available at a cheaper cost to buy than plain-vanilla housing in Delhi/Mumbai.

Comment

I have heard many Delhi guys wish to move to Gurgaon for a better life and better proximity to their jobs. So yeah I quite agree that most part of livable Gurgaon is better than average Delhi areas.

Comment

Originally posted by sh-saxena View Post
        I have lived in Delhi, Mumbai and now Gurgaon. And though I belong to Mumbai (and prefer Mumbai best as a city), I find quality of life best in Gurgaon - gated community/two-tiered security, full power backup, pool/gym/nice playground, educated cosmopolitan neighbors, malls/shopping area/school/office nearby. And such luxury housing is available at a cheaper cost to buy than plain-vanilla housing in Delhi/Mumbai.

Maybe so only in a hi-rise....mainly being gated/two-tier security etc etc

Comment

Yeah, I meant only high-rises. But then all the new projects being built are high-rises and offer these facilities. In Mumbai you dont have such facilities readily available apart from basic security and havent seen any project in Delhi offering these. So yes, quality of life is surely better in Gurgaon high-rises.

Comment

other senior members

realacres, rishi, tinesha, Bishnu Amit , BlessU , rahul2011 , ISHANb

PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS.

Comment

STILL a LONG LONG WAY TO GO FOR GGN

My POV in Red

Originally posted by gurgaon79 View Post
              Bhai Log,

I have a feeling that

1) Life in Gurgaon is Posh compared to many parts of Delhi for average middle class or (slightly) upper middle class. (I am not considering super rich people.)

POSH--- Beauty lies in the eye of beerholder...... barring NH not even a single raod is worth mention here.....all arterial roads are clogged to hilt almost all thru out the day.

2) You will get young educated neighbors in Gurgaon.

Provided you live in a good gated apartment. This I have to agree with you.

3) Its more spacious. Population density is low so quality of life is better compared to Delhi.

Nope this assessment is wrong. Gurgaon is not a planned city like certain planned areas in Delhi, so you find mix of commercial and residential in almost all the sectors which leads to total chaos for residential inhabitants.
              in next 2-3 years once Golf course road get fully populated it will be next hell in the making like areas around cybercity and infinity towers.

4) Also cost of living is more in Gurgaon because of these reasons compared to Delhi. (at least 20%)

So is this good or bad for middle class??

5) I may be completely wrong as I have never lived in Delhi. Have been living in Gurgaon for 8 months.

Depends which area in Delhi are you comparing Gurgaon to.....this comparsion itself is scewed...You cannot compare All of Gurgaon to All of Delhi... you can only compare pockets in both the cities

With better supply of BSP (bijli, sadak, paani) and a little better security situation Delhi is any day better in terms of livability. But if GGN admin tries recitifying most of the anamolies and haryana govt puts some focus on Ggn, it can develop better but it will take long time to become a world class city (just a pointer there is not even a proper sewage system in place in Gurgaon).

Please share your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Dheer View Post
                I have heard many Delhi guys wish to move to Gurgaon for a better life and better proximity to their jobs. So yeah I quite agree that most part of livable Gurgaon is better than average Delhi areas.
                What kind of conclusion is that:

I live in Delhi and work in Gurgaon, I will like to shift to ggn only because of proximity to work that doesn't mean ggn is a nice place to live in.

How can we reach conclusion that proximity to workplace= better place to live please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by sh-saxena View Post
                  This is true picture of Gurgaon High Rise flats . When i shifted to india , i never imagined that life can be so good in these flats . We can even leave our children alone at home at night time...

Comment

Originally posted by tinesha View Post
                    This is true picture of Gurgaon High Rise flats . When i shifted to india , i never imagined that life can be so good in these flats . We can even leave our children alone at home at night time...
                    It would be better if you state some facts on bijli, sadak, paani in Gurgaon to make this discussions fruitful... you can take RISK of leaving your children alone in any village or city in India how does that make an area better livable? that shows you are a risk taking person and not that GGN is better place to live.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X