Last updated: December 28 2018
8 | Posts
2426 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector 46 - Gurgaon

Hello Senior members,
    I am looking for some advice on my existing investment as well as new investment. I own a 161 sq yard house in sector-46 Gurgaon and given on rent. I am not planning to stay in this house for minimum of 3 yrs and likelihood of staying after 3 yrs is also very less. I am seeing price hike is almost stopped in this sector since last 6 months. Is it worth to sell this and acquire a new plot at some other location? What is the upside in this sector for next 5 years? if you advice to sell it, What are the other areas in Gurgaon where it is wise to invest? Also is it worth to invest in DLF garden city Hyderabad - I am looking for long term investment for 10-15 years. What could the return in long term?
    Last edited November 24 2016, 04:18 PM.

Re : Sector 46 - Gurgaon

what is the current price you are getting per sqyd for this plot?

Comment

I haven't done any reality check but i believe this could be in range of 90-100K/psy only for plot.

Comment

Originally posted by happymanocha View Post
        I haven't done any reality check but i believe this could be in range of 90-100K/psy only for plot.
        yes , the resale rates for 100 sqyd plot is in range of 80-90K.

though the plots keep on appreciating but personally i feel until or unless the govt allows construction of 3rd floor as well...or there is increase of FAR, there is not any substancial upside.

considering the current rates in sector 46, i would suggest you to switch your investment to little under-developed area where there could be little more chances of upside.

Comment

Originally posted by happymanocha View Post
          Hello Senior members,
          I am looking for some advice on my existing investment as well as new investment. I own a 161 sq yard house in sector-46 Gurgaon and given on rent. I am not planning to stay in this house for minimum of 3 yrs and likelihood of staying after 3 yrs is also very less. I am seeing price hike is almost stopped in this sector since last 6 months. Is it worth to sell this and acquire a new plot at some other location? What is the upside in this sector for next 5 years? if you advice to sell it, What are the other areas in Gurgaon where it is wise to invest? Also is it worth to invest in DLF garden city Hyderabad - I am looking for long term investment for 10-15 years. What could the return in long term?
          Plots prices not just in SEC 46 but all other Ggn sectors are stagnant for around 3-5 months. Your plot size is excellent as smaller plots always fetch more premium provided the location within the Sector is good. Sector 46 location as such is also pretty good.

Note that plots in Central Gurgaon are going to become premium in future as there's no fresh release happening here by Huda. Looking at the farmers issues & enhancement issues, no plots will be released even at the current circle rates...it will be much higher (sure circle rate will also be increased to align accordingly)

Look at the future development plans (Metro in next phase hopefully, not the 3rd), Appu Ghar coming around 29 & 52A, ISBT planned near Huda City Center, etc...all major civic development lined up for this area...great prospects.

The FAR will increase in future as available land goes dry & Huda will have little option but to do so. The prices will increase on such a move for sure. Plus you could also look at the possibility of building the builder floors & sell the floors individually...Will make atleast 30% more by selling of the floors rather the house.

You are also getting a rental income as you mentioned & unless you have any significant financial pressure or any enhancement demands that you may be trying to ward off, no point in selling it off & trying to invest in any far off places which may have no development around as of now ...just stay put & forget about your Sec 46 plot and revisit the prices after a year...it will surely be better than today (if the economic conditions support India)...My POV.

As regards DLF Hyderabad, my take is to keep property which you can visit locally & care take. So unless you have any link with Hyderabad, investing so far off is not recommended. Don't get lured by the name DLF..they are not as good in South as they are in North so you may like to do a thorough due diligence for that project.

Take a informed decision. Hope this helps.
          Last edited March 6 2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I think the rates for a 161 sqyd plots are around 80 - 85K in Sector 46 and have been almost stagnant..

Comment

Not only rates are uner perssure, getting real buyer to close the deal is pretty tough. One of my friend took 6 months to close the deal - all the brokers say that market is very down....finally a broker took the file and now searching for the real buyer - he regrets for hs decision.

So I do agree that unless you have real need, don't sale to buy another one......you'll end-up wasting lots of money on brokers/stamp duty and builders.

Comment

I would advice to switch over your investment. Gurgaon land property is not much in demand. I would say rather buy a property in Noida as there is Jewar airport to come up which will cause companies and investors moving there.

Gurgaon has become saturated. Also, there is huge water supply issues, bad infrastructure, costly rates etc. Noida is cheaper, flow of events like airport and better roads make Noida as an investment destination.
                Last edited December 29 2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• erabhiwadi
                  erabhiwadi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kuch bhi....

Gurgaon's per capita income is higher than noida...... It will always remain same.....

further, Investment in Gurgaon always be better than noida.....

kuch bhi post karte hai...
              Tags: Sector 46
              Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X