Every day there are numerous views on real estate by experts, investors, end users, my neighbors, our domestic help, even my dog.

Many predicting impending correction (or as some say stagnation) while others raving about re-rating (upwards) of property prices with all the new launches at crazy prices.

And the views change more frequently than I go to wash my hands

Every one knows that no one knows which way the market is headed but still every one secretly (or even overtly) hopes to have a crystal ball to gaze into the future which could tell:
- How will DEway shape up?
- Are NH8 properties better than SPR?
- GC and GCX -sirf naam hi kaafi hai !
- Is there an arbitrage in sec 9x vs 8x?
- Is resale better than fresh launches?
- Should we look at Bhiwadi/Dharuhera options?
- Which builder, which project, what size, what location - aaaaaargggh !

And the list goes on...

This leaves a huge set of confused investors/end users seeking help from equally confused investors/end users (no offense to anyone please - I really respect views of some relatively more enlightened souls here)

The funny part is that I am still tempted to ask one more time -
'Is it the right time to invest in RE in Gurgaon? Or should we hold on?"

I wanted to elaborate on the problem statement (i.e. timeframe, risk appetite, budget etc etc.), but leaving it open for interpretation!

Hoping to hear some fresh views !!!

I wanted to elaborate on the problem statement (i.e. timeframe, risk appetite, budget etc etc.), but leaving it open for interpretation!

Hoping to hear some fresh views !!!
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Akash - Please go through the thread next bubble which has excellent views and analysis by both RE Bulls and Bears.

Last time when correction affected Gurgaon RE was somewhere around 2009 when sensex was somewhere around 8000 and employees were being fired left right and centre by the corporates.

Comparing to 2009 we are in much better shape and I feel correction is not hitting us in near future.
    CommentQuote
  • I dont see any reason to Hold on...if you have money...just Invest...study the market and project the suits you......hop onto the bus and enjoy the ride....

Best of luck
    CommentQuote
  • But there would deff. be a lot people left without a chair when the music stops...
    CommentQuote