Last updated: March 29 2019
5 | Posts
641 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wembley Estate in Sector 50, Gurugram

Hello members,

I am considering a 3 bhk option in Wembley Estate, Sector 49. While visiting the flat, I found that the walls and floor (room and balcony) adjacent to shaft are fraught with seepage. The wet seepage (this is an assumption) is attributed to the drainage passing through the shaft.

Although I have not found any news on internet about the seepage in wembley on talking to a few residents I found that all them were facing minor/major seepage problems.

My major concern is over the expenditure I would I have incur in fixing the seepage and wheather its is repairable and worth investing.

I liked the everything about the society, but I have doubts if the apartment is a wise investment considering it coming at a cost of rs. 7700 per/feet

Please advise how should I proceed with this investment.
    Last edited March 26 2019, 05:10 PM.

Re : Wembley Estate in Sector 50, Gurugram

Hi my suggestion go for a new property with new amenities and latest construction. The gentri will be good, your apartment value will never increase in wembley estate although you will see a captialcapital appreciation in newer properties always. Good developers near by M3M, emaar, aipl, adani realty, tataTata housing.

Comment

• reachvartika11
      reachvartika11 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the right way to think if you are buying for investment.
      My reason for purchase is for end use (I should have mentioned it). I like the location since our workplaces are almost half n hour away and the area is appropriately populated. The only problem ( which is giving me scares ) is the seepage problem. And the person I am buying it from has not been maintaining the property as he always rented it out.
      Can you please suggest how I should proceed with this?

Re : Wembley Estate in Sector 50, Gurugram

Originally posted by kaulkul View Post
    Hi my suggestion go for a new property with new amenities and latest construction. The gentri will be good, your apartment value will never increase in wembley estate although you will see a captialcapital appreciation in newer properties always. Good developers near by M3M, emaar, aipl, adani realty, tataTata housing.
    I don't agree with your thoughts... All the builder you are listing have upcoming projects or maybe just given possesion, none of their projets are fully matured or habitatual.
    Middle class (like me) have this mentality that dont invest in where you can loose money. New propertyoes will have better amenities but not sure what fate it will have in future, what RWA or kind of people will be there in RWA, whatever promised is done by the builder will be fullfilled or not, there are 100 number of question.
    Person moving from Delhi to Gurgaon will think twice investing in areas like GCX or DEW, coz they are still not developed like DELHI, yes surely in future but as of now dark spots in the night, empty lands and no public transport makes it differnent from Delhi.

You should invest where you feel confident like societies or projects got possession 5-10 years back. Things are stream-lined, you already know about the pros and cons. And obviusly you will get cheaper prices in many of the old societies and small area but bigger FAR coverage.

Comment

• reachvartika11
      reachvartika11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reply. What is FAR coverage?

Also do you know how should we proceed if the property/ flat has seepage issues? I am thinking of hiring a seepage inspection consultant or a plumber to take a visit with me and tell me the source of seepage and the cost I will incur if I choose to buy the property.

• kaulkul
      kaulkul commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Anuj,I would disagree here, you would definately not loose your money if you invest in new properties. Yes the developers I listed have fairly new projects on GCX which has a much better future than the old properties deing discussed here. The reason I say so is coz I have been studying the rates these properties were launched at and the rates they are being offered at. Its a buyers market and people are intelligent enough nowadays and negotiate a lot and get a lucrative deal. These rates are going to increase now for sure. And after the metro will be operational here the rates will definately go up. Yes these projects are partially occupied and hence these rates, had they been fully occupied they will be unaffordable. This happened on the golf course Road and its become unaffordable now. Yes I agree the FAR coverage is low in these societies but the demand is moving towards these societies and will be ever increasing. Yes I agree to travel at night it might be scary now but people should understand buying a home is something we don't do everyday, this is for a lifetime and future prospects should be kept in kind before buying. About your questions on RWA it gets formed eventually but as far as I know these societies are very well managed but international firms like jll, cbre to name a few. To sum it all il say one should be prudent enough to select your home see if its a new construction, better infrastructure where you won't be struggling with Irrepairable seepage issues, elevator issues, management issues. Yes a lot old properties are cheap and will remain this way, one has to see their own pockets it's just a personal choice. Be prudent enough while taking the decision.
      Last edited March 29 2019, 10:37 PM.
Tags: None
Have any questions or thoughts about this?
Working...
X