Collapse

Why is GURGAON so NERVOUS?

Last updated: May 13 2013
186 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Why is GURGAON so NERVOUS?

While this thread could have been a place for a very good intellectual discussion, I don't see deepaul's intentions being genuine - and accordingly the quality of many responses as well.

My view - It's all about JOBS. Every other point of discussion is useless.

Gurgaon has always had bad connectivity and bad infrastructure.. That bit is only getting better. Mr. Deepaul has perhaps not seen the Gurgaon-Faridabad road, which actually also provides a lot of alternate access points to Delhi as well.

Now, since the fundamental planning is flawed in Gurgaon, it will never match up to Noida in terms of public infrastructure.

HOWEVER, my case is simple - all of that matters far less.. Basically as long as Gurgaon has had good jobs, people are willing to go through a LOT in order to find their way to Gurgaon (Many of you may not remember the days when the highway was not functional). Also there are MANY Delhi to Gurgaon commuters who are looking to settle in Gurgaon.

SO - the only valid argument is one sees a trend in terms of jobs.

'One client' is a crap argument. I can give n examples of companies who are still bypassing Noida and willing to live in the shambolic Gurgaon infrastructure.. Simple reason - consistent government policies. Noida law and order perception is as bad if not worse (I am talking perception, I haven't lived in Noida for any real period of time), but add to the political angle, and even existing corporates like Adobe are not willing to expand in Noida.

US Slowdown? Noida has FAR more SMEs than Gurgaon.. good for the nation, but these are the folks that get screwed before the larger firms.

Gurgaon may still be a bubble - who the heck knows - but not for any of these reasons.

Points to ponder

Comment

After sucking creams from Gurgaon RE now bunch of brokers pushing Noida market, this Forum is no more honest real estate discussion as it used to be in past. Previously brokers were not allowed to comment or even not allowed to join this Forum but what happened now every second comments is from broker. For me its really a good platform where we can learn and share lot of about RE but please don't invlove your business at this platform.

Comment

Do not forget that South Delhi continues to be the most expensive and most desirable address, despite the whole BRT thing coming up and messing up the roads big time. Those traffic jams feel like an eternity and are nothing compared to Gurgaons toll jams and so on.

The point being that South Delhi still remains to be "numero uno" with RE prices always on the up.
        Disclaimer: This is my understanding, plz do your own research and find out for yourself.

Comment

gurgaon attracted 9% of total fdi attracted by india during last financial year. This was mentioned in assembly budget session by the minister !

Comment

In my opinion RE is a game of demand/supply; Pseudocode below :

1. Either demand goes down (Lack of jobs,Recession,Nuclear Attack, Pollution,concrete steps on corruption..)
            OR
            2.supply goes up (which is what we are witnessing but this will indeed accelerate)
            then
            Prices under pressure = Investors get nervous.

I think we have already gone past the days of 30% returns per year from here onwards, unless someone is very lucky. Since entire India is investing in RE, do not believe scarcity is going to be there for long..
            Last edited March 23 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Komal27
              When gurgaon RE falls, all other in NCR will also fall - No questions there
              How do you justify this statement of yours?
              Last edited March 23 2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepauls View Post
                Noida and Greater Noida are the well planned cities of the future, already surrounded by sound economies of Delhi, Ghaziabad and other prospective rising towns. No question of failure of investment in realty there.
                It's a different perspective for sure. Surely different then what other members in the forum will have. Was expecting some nice counterpoints.

But looking at the replies I really feel that some members just do not have the maturity to get into good discussions. They are out to prove their investments, projects and ideas are the best. See some of the comments on Tiera, Sunshine Helios, LB and all. Lot of guys make a small investment & start tracking on a daily basis. They want weekly pics from the site. Just shows that some more maturity may be needed (I have nothing against any of these projects or their buyers. Infact I feel I missed the bus. Was getting SSH very cheap. Some regret still persists). Would just expect members to be more forthcoming with analysis & not with allegations and abuses. Deepauls has made very nice posts earlier which most would not have bothered to read.

Coming to the topic. I feel what Gurgaon has is lot of jobs & a airport. Noida cannot match that anytime soon. Gurgaon infra sucks but since MCG was formed, there are some positives seen around. I feel Gurgaon will get better and is still under priced considering long term potential. I am looking for a small correction to make another entry. Others opinions are welcome.

I have investments in both Noida & Gurgaon which have paid off decently.

Comment

Originally posted by raumybhan View Post
                  gurgaon attracted 9% of total fdi attracted by india during last financial year. This was mentioned in assembly budget session by the minister !
                  But buddy, you should not forget that most of the MNCs have already declared that India was no more a favorable destination and the foreign investments are shifting to Brazil and Philippines. Keeping this in mind, once offices start closing down (wait for another 5 years), it will be interesting to see how Gurgaon fares in another 10 years, what it will bring out of its kitty to keep itself afloat. No intentions to demean Gurgaon, but just a perspective.

Right now Gurgaon is the most happening city in NCR and I love it!!!!
                  Last edited March 23 2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I agree with supermario....Gurgaon has lot of potential.... As far as the infrastructure is concerned....come and see now... the roads are being built you would see lot of traffic police around cyber city and udyog vihar. There are no less than 2-3 cranes circling cyber city. It is getting improved now.

Comment

Originally posted by miketest View Post
                      But buddy, you should not forget that most of the MNCs have already declared that India was no more a favorable destination and the foreign investments are shifting to Brazil and Philippines. Keeping this in mind, once offices start closing down (wait for another 5 years), it will be interesting to see how Gurgaon fares in another 10 years, what it will bring out of its kitty to keep itself afloat. No intentions to demean Gurgaon, but just a perspective.
                      Do you really think, these companies will ever start pulling out their offices from India?
                      Then let me give you examples....prices are really sky high in new york, london, tokyo, paris, etc... but companies didn't pull out from there.... India has LOTS of skilled population and we Indians have potential and this is the reason companies are here

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X