Hi ,
I have bought a road facing,ground floor in M3M Urbana as a investment.
I have a long term horizon and can wait for 8-10 years.Is this a good investment?Or should I sell this and buy a residential property on GCX?
I have already paid about 60% of the total current value.
Any advice/idea or suggestions would be highly welcome.
Thanks
Read more
321 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by brigmohan1
    Hi ,
    I have a long term horizon and can wait for 8-10 years.Is this a good investment?Or should I sell this and buy a residential property on GCX?
    Thanks

Great investment, what price did you pay for it?
    It'll be great if you can share your thoughts behind choosing URBANA over any other commercial on GCX.
    CommentQuote
  • My decision to buy was influenced by the fact that is not a closed market-ie"mall" but an open air,galleria kind of concept.This would be mean less cost of maintanace.With quite a few residential complexes around,this should work.
    My reasons for worry-There is a village right across the road :)
    The fact that commercial is not doing to well,in fact look at the amount of supply around the city.

So my question once again from all members and experts is-Is it a good idea to stick around or should I exit and invest this money in residential?
    CommentQuote
  • Stick to your original plan of holding it for 8-10 years. This will turn out to be a multibagger for you. It has an excellent location and a beautiful concept. Just have patience to wait for 8 -10 years to make 5-10 times of your investment.

Originally Posted by brigmohan1
    My decision to buy was influenced by the fact that is not a closed market-ie"mall" but an open air,galleria kind of concept.This would be mean less cost of maintanace.With quite a few residential complexes around,this should work.
    My reasons for worry-There is a village right across the road :)
    The fact that commercial is not doing to well,in fact look at the amount of supply around the city.

So my question once again from all members and experts is-Is it a good idea to stick around or should I exit and invest this money in residential?
    CommentQuote
  • Completely agree with rushil , hold it 8 to 10yrs . Entry pricing is very good .
    location of the shop as i can make out is the BEST .

This investment might give one of the best ROI in entire gurgaon due to very good entry price .
    CommentQuote
  • What is the entry price? And is the builder reliable- probability of going bust?
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • The builder is as reliable,i did my research on that.
    I bought it for 11600 psf.My only worry is oversupply in that region.I mean look at Sohna road..
    CommentQuote
  • I can understand yr concern on the over supply and infact agree with you.

Today, after the 10 yrs of launch, there is not even a single Mall on Sohna Road which has high foot fall. Take the example of 'Wedding Mall' which is fully operational since last 2 yrs and also has a decent Multiplex but still there is hardly any shop/store which has opened in the Mall.

There lot of office complexes which are now ready but none of the big corporates have shifted to these offcices. Infact, I know some of the big companies who have shifted their offices to Manesar SEZ.

So going by what little has happened after the much hyped launch of projects on Sonha Road 10 yrs back, I'm not too sure if GCX will be really ready to rock in 8-10 yrs.
    CommentQuote
  • anyone having an idea on the current pricing ..1st floor?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • narena1 years ago
      if you have shop in m3m urbana, we can help you in renting it or selling it 9811424425 naren
  • Originally Posted by brigmohan1
    Hi ,
    Thanks

Hi,
    Any clue about the construction status? When is it likely to start?
    CommentQuote
  • Was wondering if anyone can help with the current price for the ground floor road facing shops.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • What do u think should be the resale price of aa road facing shop in spaze business park...??
    CommentQuote
  • Excavation for Urbana has started. But still haven't seen any rise in resale market. It is for many reasons one there are many other projects and second it in itself is a big project. But definitely it is a Galleria type concept so it is a good investment option.
    CommentQuote
  • Makes great sense as an investment. The overall concept of the project is future oriented and as a result you could expect great returns in the 8-10 year time frame.
    Good luck!
    Originally Posted by mohitkalra
    Excavation for Urbana has started. But still haven't seen any rise in resale market. It is for many reasons one there are many other projects and second it in itself is a big project. But definitely it is a Galleria type concept so it is a good investment option.
    CommentQuote
  • I quite respect what Gaurav has just mentioned but my point of view is quite different here.
    In my opinion, Sohna Road has no Real Mall or True Retail Place.
    These are mere shopping complexes named as malls, which has created a lot of confusion across India.
    I have studied some basic requirements of a so called True Retail Destination, for an example,
    1. A good mall in a Tier I city has to be min. half a million sq.ft.
    2. Has to have Anchor Stores, Hyper Market, Multimplex, Anchor Stores and Food Courts etc
    3. Has to be controlled completely by the Develper (which is not acceptable in India, unfortunately).
    4. Last but not the least, Developer has to support for leasing through out.
    None of these features are available in any of the so called malls on Sohna Road.
    In fact, even few malls on the MG Road like Sahara and JMD etc. are also loosing their demand due to lack of above things.
    And, malls like Ambience, Promenade and City Walk etc. are doing good majorly for the above reasons.
    I am not against or in favor of any project, but I pulled out from Urbana after realizing the above facts, and have reinvested funds in one of the similar but well conceptullized developments, Reach's Airia.
    In my opinion, Sohna Road is picking up better than the internal roads. Recently, many MNCs have opted Sohna Road for their office instead of Golf Course Road etc.
    Can't predict the future, but that's my personal opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Construction of Urbana has been outsourced to ShapoorJi PallonJi.
    CommentQuote