Hi,

I am evaluating different projects in Gurgaon, and to me, the BEST GROUP with which I would like to be associated ranks high in priorities. Which among the leading groups of companies in Gurgaan would I like to park my whole life savings... Some unknown entity making their first project or a company with credentials backing them, a company with huge landbanks and loans associated iwth it, or a smart and young company with a competent track record and sound balancesheet without much thrust on landbanks !!!

The groups that come to my mind are :

DLF
ANSALS
Unitech
Ambience
BPTP
Orris
BESTECH
VATIKA
UPPAL
PARAS
3C
Sobha
Raheja
Godrej
Tata
Mahindra
Sare
M3M
IREO
Anantraj
M2K
Sahara

I am very sure we can easily add 20-25 more names to this list. My question is if one has to invest ones savings of whole life, which is the group one can invest in and why ?
Read more
44 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Its better if you classify into categories of the projects that they are associated with viz Basic, Premium and Luxury. Most of the builders have their strength and weaknesses when it comes to their delivery and positioning viz a viz the segments mentioned above.

Once you are sure of your budget and the segment you want to invest in, then choose the best builder of that segment to invest your money.

Originally Posted by chaalbaaz
    Hi,

I am evaluating different projects in Gurgaon, and to me, the BEST GROUP with which I would like to be associated ranks high in priorities. Which among the leading groups of companies in Gurgaan would I like to park my whole life savings... Some unknown entity making their first project or a company with credentials backing them, a company with huge landbanks and loans associated iwth it, or a smart and young company with a competent track record and sound balancesheet without much thrust on landbanks !!!

The groups that come to my mind are :

DLF
    ANSALS
    Unitech
    Ambience
    BPTP
    Orris
    BESTECH
    VATIKA
    UPPAL
    PARAS
    3C
    Sobha
    Raheja
    Godrej
    Tata
    Mahindra
    Sare
    M3M
    IREO
    Anantraj
    M2K
    Sahara

I am very sure we can easily add 20-25 more names to this list. My question is if one has to invest ones savings of whole life, which is the group one can invest in and why ?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot

Thanks,

I am looking at Mid Segment to Luxury segment for self use. Budget around 2-2.5 cr. for around 2000 sq ft - 2500 sq ft.

But I would like to park my money only with a good builder.

Please advise.
    CommentQuote
  • I would recommend 3bhk in Uptown and 3bhk in Skyon garden facing.

Originally Posted by chaalbaaz
    Thanks,

I am looking at Mid Segment to Luxury segment for self use. Budget around 2-2.5 cr. for around 2000 sq ft - 2500 sq ft.

Please advise.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • niharbhatt1 years ago
      As per your requirement, you can check M3M Merlin, sector 67, Golf course ext road, Gurgaon. It comes under Mid luxury segment, specifications are good, competitive in prices, project concept is different and better. In this project an apartment of 2422 sq.ft., 3BHK+ Sq falls into your budget.
  • groups in gurgaon

When you talk about security and lifetime savings, I would rate Tata housing, Mahindra, Godrej higher than other groups like DLF, Unitech who are saddled with thousands of crores of debt. Tata group has good projects like Raisina Residency and Primanti which are in your budget.

Groups like IREO and M3M seem to have very good products to offer and construction speed is good in some of the projects but my biggest concern is who owns these companies i.e. whose reputation is at stake if they falter..I hear it's VCs or private equity guys from Singapore, US etc who are behind it. Problem is if folks like Rajat Gupta (MD of McKinsey) have ethical issues, and the whole sub-prime crisis in US brought about by investment banks, you cannot trust these guys.

Good old Tata and Mahindra may make rickety vehicles or other unsexy products, but somehow they deliver within a reasonable range of promise and ethics.

There are some small ones who may be hidden gems - I believe BESTECH is one of them. Another is ATS which is from Noida but ventured in to Gurgaon recently.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rushilarora
    I would recommend 3bhk in Uptown and 3bhk in Skyon garden facing.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

However I am looking to rank Builders first before coming to projects !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chaalbaaz
    Thanks,

Please advise.

Whats the possession time frame you are looking at ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hey, nobody included SPIRE in the list..... Best builder.... None of their projects are facing any kind of issues...Construction in all of their projects is at highest pace

:D:D (Sarcasm)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response. I am looking at a time frame of 2-3 years, which can also be extended if the project & the banner is good.
    CommentQuote
  • I think in Gurgaon, you should go with "GODREJ" or "DLF" with closed eyes. No matter how much people complaint but investors ear a lot from their projects.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response. I am looking at a time frame of 2-3 years, which can also be extended if the project & the banner is good.

With that budget, I would look at following properties ( assuming its for self use) :

1. Tata Primanti
    2. Tata Raisina Raisidency
    3. Ireo Grand Arch
    4. Raheja Revanta ( I am invested so might be bit biased )

For the budget you have, I would focus only on the above builders and will avoid any other builder.

I would also rate Mahindra and Godrej equally good, but they don't have any luxury project in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shkhan
    With that budget, I would look at following properties ( assuming its for self use) :

1. Tata Primanti
    2. Tata Raisina Raisidency
    3. Ireo Grand Arch
    4. Raheja Revanta ( I am invested so might be bit biased )

For the budget you have, I would focus only on the above builders and will avoid any other builder.

I would also rate Mahindra and Godrej equally good, but they don't have any luxury project in Gurgaon.

So effectively three builders

1. Tata
    2. Ireo
    3. Raheja

Any other builder I could go for ?

Sorry three more :: Godrej, Mahindra, DLF
    CommentQuote
    So effectively three builders

1. Tata
    2. Ireo
    3. Raheja

Any other builder I could go for ?

Sorry three more :: Godrej, Mahindra, DLF

Yes I named Godrej and Mahindra as well but they don't have any luxury project in Gurgaon. I would avoid DLF.
    CommentQuote
  • Godrej is coming with luxuxry project on Dwarka expressway and that too soon.
    CommentQuote
  • I would avoid DLF too.
    CommentQuote
  • My 2 Cents

Tata
    Mahindra
    Gorej

The emerging Ones:

IREO
    Raheja
    Vipul
    Chintels