Last updated: October 3 2020
18 | Posts
827 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused between Sohna Road and New Gurgaon

Dear Seniors,

I am looking for a property for end use and like all of us getting very confused on what market has to offer. I have read tons of pages of information available in this wonderful forum which has helped me in not getting fooled by broker's pitches.

- I have a budget of around 1.3 crore which I can extend till 1.5 Cr (by taking additional loan) if the property appeals.

- I am looking this for end use. My office is in Cyber City and I travel a lot for my work. Only 3 people will stay in flat with very occasional visits from family. (My wife and 4 year old son)

- Due to growing age of my son, I am looking for society having good green area where he can play, cycle, etc.

- I have seen builder floors and a good number of builder floors are available in my budget but somehow me and wife are not convinced about staying in builder floors. We have always stayed in high rise and do not like the concept of builder floors

- I have seen multiple properties in areas like Sohna Road, GCx, New Gurgaon and find that Gurgaon's property market is flawed with each property having some or other issues.

- I prefer a 3BHK given long term objective to stay in this flat for atleast 10-15 years.

Looking your guidance for property selection between below properties along with suggesting anything else that may come

1. Emaar Palm Garden- I have stayed in this society as tenant as I like the vibes in this society.

Pros- Premium feel, Good lobby, Low density, Good green area, Nice educated people around

Cons- APPROACH Road, Medium quality of Construction, New Gurgaon will still take 5-10 years to fully develop, Manesar Toll Plaza (I know we have been discussing since years now that toll will shift)

I am getting 1900 Size for around 1.10 Cr ++ for good unit (Park facing, sunlight, etc)

2. Dlf Ultima - I liked this property on first visit due to good clubhouse. However the size of room is small. Due to revenue road the society is divided into 2 parts with most 3BHK on the other side of road. Loading is very high. This property will cost me around 1.55 Cr. I am somewhere not inclined to spend this amount at this location.

3. Old properties on Sohna Road- In 1.5 budget I am getting Vatika City, Unitech Uniworld, Orchid petals etc. Most of these properties are 10 + year old and are fully habitated. Given their location advantage there comes traffic issue and also contruction of flyover is ongoing. Malls are nearby. (Not sure whether it will be possible to sell this property after another 10 years when property will be 20+ years old)

Please suggest what are your thoughts around this. As a first time property buyer I am looking for your years of collective wisdom in property market.

Thank You.

Regards

Last edited August 19 2020, 10:49 AM.

Re : Confused between Sohna Road and New Gurgaon

Hi,

I have a few suggestions, you should visit these properties (first do your homework on youtube) :

1) Emerald hills - floor - sector 65 - ready to move floors. There are some new floors by emaar [next to worldmark commercial]
    2) vatika - sector 83/82/82A - lots of independent floors are there(ready to move). For group housing - you should see "7 lamps" in 82A, you can also see "the primus" by DLF in 82A
    3) Bptp - sector 102 - they have ready to move floors - there is a good video by a good youtuber - it just came out [compare it with emerald hills sector 65]
    4) Sector 84 - group housing by alpha one(ready to move) .. then there is a group housing project by SS group [ready to move, the leaf and there is one more coral wood something] .. in 1.5 years time .. this sector will have a good connectivity with -> SPR -> Sohna road -> Golf course extn road. [there is a clover leaf flyover that is getting built which will be a big boost for sector 84/85]

PS: dwarka expressway will be better than Sohna .. in Sohna there is a new flyover constructed by central park guys and they will have a TOLL(the scene will be same which we have witnessed of kherki daula toll in the years to come)

Hope it helps.

PS: the reason I am suggesting floors is that the loading factor is not that bad as compared to flats .. and if you see emerald hills (security wise its pretty good).

Regards
    Rahul
    Last edited August 23 2020, 01:27 AM.

Comment

PS: i missed 1 property .. you must see .. sector 68 new residential by M3m .. natura or sierra something .I guess this property will not get disturbed by TOLL .. its almost complete .. but you should see the entry and exit approach of this project with the main road .. i havent visited there myself .. the success of this property will be based on .. how well its connected to the main road .. internally this project is looking very very good.

PS: you should be very careful of these factors .. loading .. maintenance cost .. power connection coming from govt or not .. density..example : the SS groups projects in sector 84 are very very dense (m3m's sector 68 project is not that dense or if you see woodshire by m3m is not that dense) .. revenue roads shouldnt be in the project .. few more(i will update here)

Regards
      Rahul
      Last edited August 23 2020, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Confused between Sohna Road vs New Gurgaon

Let me suggest on how to decide. and I must tell you have a decent budget.

Evaluate both locations on a few parameters, that will help you in your decision

1. Sizes of apartments : in New Gurgaon you will get a bigger house in the same price.

2. Schools : While Sohna Road has many reputed schools, New Gurgaon has limited choice (DPS, St. Xavier etc). So if you dont want very high fi schools like GD Goenka etc, go for new Gurgaon

3. Connectivity: Both the locations are well connected

4. Developed/Semi-Developed: While Sohna Road is a developed location (I would say) however New Gurgaon is semi-developed, it's the area that's fast caching up. If you buy house in New Gurgaon, you will see your area bloosom. For example Gurugram university campus is coming up in that area

5. Reputed builders/Choice: While in New Gurgaon you will get more New/Fresh units with almost all the reputed builders including DLF. Sohna Road may have little choices

6. Other facilities : As I said Sohna road is a developed location with approachable Hospitals, schools, more malls etc nearby, New Gurgaon is caching up on other facilities

Thanks

Rohit

Comment

Why do you feel Dwarka Expressway will be beter than Sohna road. The only thing positive for this location is that it is close to Delhi. However, most of the commercial activity (offices, schools, hospitals etc.) are near Sohna Road, Golf Course Extension road.

I feel it will take minimum 5 years for Dwarka Expressway area to gain traction.

Comment

• Chetankita
            Chetankita commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry Abhishek. Don't know from where Dwarka expressway came into this discussion. I am not interested in DEW location

• rahk2012
            rahk2012 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chetankita : Dear .. actually the fate of New Gurgaon is attached to Clover leaf flyover which connects sector 84/85 and SPR (it connects a lot of locations but mentioning these 2 as these 2 are relevant to you) .. further this clover leaf flyover is part of Dwarka expressway(i guess Dwarka expressway is divided into 5 packages) .. this connectivity will happen in about 2 years for sure (there will be no obstacles now and ultimately this New Gurgaon area is expected to be better than Sohna road sectors and the actual Sohna(where there will be a TOLL in future)) .. hope it helps ..

PS: sector 83/84/85 falls on the dwarka expressway .. these sectors belong to new gurgaon .. hope this clears the confusion
            Last edited September 7 2020, 10:32 PM.

Originally posted by abhishekw View Post
          Why do you feel Dwarka Expressway will be beter than Sohna road. The only thing positive for this location is that it is close to Delhi. However, most of the commercial activity (offices, schools, hospitals etc.) are near Sohna Road, Golf Course Extension road.

I feel it will take minimum 5 years for Dwarka Expressway area to gain traction.
          Brother 5 nahi it will take atleast 10 years to become like Sohna Road.... don't waste your time and money on Dwarka Expressway. You will get old stuggling for basic things in life. Maybe you will buy somthing in Dwarka Expressway but never enjoy life staying there, next generation would definelty thank you but what about your Life...

The advantage you mentioned that it's close to delhi doesn't really stand anywhere because anyways it's signal free ride from Subhash Chowk to Dhaula kuan and once Sohna Elevated road will be there by 2021 then we are sorted.

Don't regret with yours investments by investing in under devloped areas.. YOLO- you only live once.

Comment

• Chetankita
            Chetankita commented
            Editing a comment
            100% agreed boss. DEW will take very long time. Same with SPR. Next in line would be New sectors of Gurgaon which are close to highway (like 82,83)

Originally posted by rahk2012 View Post
          PS: i missed 1 property .. you must see .. sector 68 new residential by M3m .. natura or sierra something .I guess this property will not get disturbed by TOLL .. its almost complete .. but you should see the entry and exit approach of this project with the main road .. i havent visited there myself .. the success of this property will be based on .. how well its connected to the main road .. internally this project is looking very very good.

PS: you should be very careful of these factors .. loading .. maintenance cost .. power connection coming from govt or not .. density..example : the SS groups projects in sector 84 are very very dense (m3m's sector 68 project is not that dense or if you see woodshire by m3m is not that dense) .. revenue roads shouldnt be in the project .. few more(i will update here)

Regards
          Rahul
          Thank You. I visited M3M, Sector 68. As you said connectivity will make it or break it. The property is surrounded by Supertech land which will make development of nearby areas slow. Although brokers were suggesting that connectivity will be there in 6 months, we all know that till the time its not there its not there..

Comment

• rahk2012
            rahk2012 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree ... Supertech is in a mess .. will visit myself and I guess then I would be able to understand this .. it is also an interesting point that no youtubers are actually showing the connectivity of this m3m project with the main road [so clearly the entry is not smooth and they dont want you to see this]

Originally posted by RohitAgarwal View Post
          Confused between Sohna Road vs New Gurgaon

Let me suggest on how to decide. and I must tell you have a decent budget.

Evaluate both locations on a few parameters, that will help you in your decision

1. Sizes of apartments : in New Gurgaon you will get a bigger house in the same price.

2. Schools : While Sohna Road has many reputed schools, New Gurgaon has limited choice (DPS, St. Xavier etc). So if you dont want very high fi schools like GD Goenka etc, go for new Gurgaon

3. Connectivity: Both the locations are well connected

4. Developed/Semi-Developed: While Sohna Road is a developed location (I would say) however New Gurgaon is semi-developed, it's the area that's fast caching up. If you buy house in New Gurgaon, you will see your area bloosom. For example Gurugram university campus is coming up in that area

5. Reputed builders/Choice: While in New Gurgaon you will get more New/Fresh units with almost all the reputed builders including DLF. Sohna Road may have little choices

6. Other facilities : As I said Sohna road is a developed location with approachable Hospitals, schools, more malls etc nearby, New Gurgaon is caching up on other facilities

Thanks

Rohit

Thank You. Nicely articulated points.

Comment

Originally posted by rahk2012 View Post
            Hi,

I have a few suggestions, you should visit these properties (first do your homework on youtube) :

1) Emerald hills - floor - sector 65 - ready to move floors. There are some new floors by emaar [next to worldmark commercial]
            2) vatika - sector 83/82/82A - lots of independent floors are there(ready to move). For group housing - you should see "7 lamps" in 82A, you can also see "the primus" by DLF in 82A
            3) Bptp - sector 102 - they have ready to move floors - there is a good video by a good youtuber - it just came out [compare it with emerald hills sector 65]
            4) Sector 84 - group housing by alpha one(ready to move) .. then there is a group housing project by SS group [ready to move, the leaf and there is one more coral wood something] .. in 1.5 years time .. this sector will have a good connectivity with -> SPR -> Sohna road -> Golf course extn road. [there is a clover leaf flyover that is getting built which will be a big boost for sector 84/85]

PS: dwarka expressway will be better than Sohna .. in Sohna there is a new flyover constructed by central park guys and they will have a TOLL(the scene will be same which we have witnessed of kherki daula toll in the years to come)

Hope it helps.

PS: the reason I am suggesting floors is that the loading factor is not that bad as compared to flats .. and if you see emerald hills (security wise its pretty good).

Regards
            Rahul
            hi rahul, I am in same situation as of Chetankita, but I am also interested in one more loacation : sec37C and 37D and my budget is about 80-90Lakhs.
            I think location of Sec37 is kind of unique if you consider travel distance from this sector in each direction of Gurgaon, and also it's connectivity to DEW and NH8 both.

yogendra
            thanks

Comment

Hi there .. buddy .. I dont know much about 37c and 37d .. in 37D signature global has launched twice .. and the next launch for them will be floors like they have in Sohna (some dealer gave me this info .. i am not 100% sure.. its launch as per the broker is in November) .. further I remember reaching 37D from Arcadia market in about 15 to 20 mins (while the road infrastructure was getting built .. so yeah ... in future 37D could be a good location).. hope it helps.

Regards
              Rahul

Comment

Tags: None
              Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X